The Administration Thread

Boycie

1 hour ago, kevinhectoring said:

The other possible solution is Appleby. He said he was good to go when Ashley swashbuckled in. Ashley may have done us in, because Appleby’s advisers may have been telling him - basically it’s all fine, you can put up the 5m deposit. But Ashley’s advisers seem to have told him: don’t give the admins any cash until you have been shown a secure exit. 
Qn is whether the admins should go back to Appleby. Problem is he is now probably spooked by Q’s latest mishap 

I think you need to give your head a wobble Kevin. You have got this all wrong.  

11 minutes ago, I know nuffin said:

Derby. EFL want to see funds for season by Feb 1 or threaten to ‘take away the golden share’ … that means kick out of league. EFL saying they would let a bidder take club on if they agree to pay any compo bills for Boro/Wycombe. That’s after admin statement blamed them … 

Massive change by EFL if this is true from Nixon

I don’t see how that is a massive change ? - we can’t show proof of funds because no PB will move forward with unfounded threats and the EFL stopping it being sorted. The EFL threatened QPR with taking away their so called golden share a few years back.

12 minutes ago, Ramraiders said:

I last posted ages ago and have refrained from posting since - being accused of not being a Derby fan. 

I called the administration and got laughed off.

there is anger at the efl and other clubs and I suppose rightly so but one person is to blame and it’s Mel.

the admins have not followed the arbitration process of the efl framework and ignored the claims. This is the impasse. If this is due to funding the efl cannot let us sign players. It is really simple really. 

any arbitrary panel would find it hard to uphold the claims against us so why the admins haven’t used the framework to kick the can down the road points to the fact we are really up poo street.

this to me stinks of smoke and mirrors by the admin team to blame sales on the efl not them or prospective owners…

You're not a Derby County fan...I'll read your next post in a few years time...Cheerio.

16 minutes ago, Ramraiders said:

I last posted ages ago and have refrained from posting since - being accused of not being a Derby fan. 

I called the administration and got laughed off.

there is anger at the efl and other clubs and I suppose rightly so but one person is to blame and it’s Mel.

the admins have not followed the arbitration process of the efl framework and ignored the claims. This is the impasse. If this is due to funding the efl cannot let us sign players. It is really simple really. 

any arbitrary panel would find it hard to uphold the claims against us so why the admins haven’t used the framework to kick the can down the road points to the fact we are really up poo street.

this to me stinks of smoke and mirrors by the admin team to blame sales on the efl not them or prospective owners…

How and why would the administrators start an arbitration process? Boro/Wycombe are claiming wrongdoing by us, so it’s up to them to start proceedings. 

13 minutes ago, Boycie said:

So, am I right in saying that all the EFL want to hear from the preferred bidder is that they agree to pay boro and that other small club IF eventually it goes to court or arbitration and they win compensation?

Surely it’ll get thrown out when the cases are heard?
The EFL can’t make them just pay out any old claim without a defence surely?

Sounds like the proof of funds for the rest of the season is the main sticking point?

I'm not even sure that is what it is. I think the PB may be willing to take the risk of Boro and Wycombe claims, but there's a problem in how we can exit administration under a Creditors Voluntary Agreement without finalising the value of these claims. The admin team (who are the experts) think we can and EFL think we can't. That's how I see it but I could be wrong.  

I can confirm that they have sent a written letter/ statement to say they Will be expelled from the league if it isn’t sorted by feb 1, this isn’t just a threat but they also want us to get this takeover sorted so it’s a way of pushing for these prospective owners/vultures to put there money where there mouth is, yesterday was terrible news for everyone but it’s time for these businessmen to step up, if Boro and Wycombe have no case then they have nothing to worry about do they?

Potentially 17 days left of a founder member of the Football League and we are not even mentioned on the main football page of BBC Sport Football. Probably won't be mentioned on today's BBC Football Focus as they talk us to death about the all singing and dancing Premier League which is killing (killed) football.

The world of football doesn't care about real football anymore.

46 minutes ago, David said:

Yeah, my gut feeling is over the next couple of weeks they will threaten our league membership if proof of funds are not shown within 72hrs forcing us to sell players. 

Once the window as you shut, Boro and Wycombe will be told to drop their claims which they will, by this point the damage is done and they have the relegation they wanted all along.

If that is how it pans out, and things then get back on track, I'll be happy.  No, not happy... but mightily relieved!

5 months ago, I fully expected to start the 22/23 season as a third tier club.
My biggest fear now is not so much what division we'll be in, but more whether we'll actually exist as a football club.

1 minute ago, Inverurie Ram said:

Potentially 17 days left of a founder member of the Football League and we are not even mentioned on the main football page of BBC Sport Football. Probably won't be mentioned on today's BBC Football Focus as they talk us to death about the all singing and dancing Premier League which is killing (killed) football.

Not even a mention on Friday Night Football where football governance was being discussed.

I've despised that actual structure of football for quite some time, but I'd always wanted the opportunity to introduce my lad to the fun that I had growing up supporting The Rams, not so sure he will get that opportunity. 

3 minutes ago, Inverurie Ram said:

So could Birmingham at home be our final game as a club?

Obviously Nixon isn’t a fount of all knowledge, but if what he’s saying is true, why the sudden shift?

The reason we’re told a preferred bidder can’t be named is because the Boro/Wycombe thing needed to be sorted first. Now all of a sudden, the PB can sort that after they’ve been named? Does this mean they can complete the takeover and fight the claims properly, albeit with the responsibility of possibly having to pay out the claims?

If the EFL would allow a PB, but not a takeover, until these claims are sorted, it doesn’t really change much for us. Those claims don’t look like something that can be sorted quickly and we aren’t going to be funded for long enough to get them sorted through court, to then give a clear run for a takeover to happen.