The Administration Thread

Boycie

2 hours ago, LazloW said:

The ground is worthless without a team playing on it isn’t it?  And a team playing in non-league football ain’t going to be able to pay the rent needed to make it economically viable.

If people are thinking he might want to knock it down and stick a massive SportsDirect on it, then think about the cost of buying the site, demolition costs, new build costs and then think whether it would be worth it to get another sports shop in Derby.  They aren’t building massive supermarkets anymore so that’s out and - even if it was viable- it would never get permission for housing. Offices and industry just don’t bring the value and there is no market (hence why a petrol station was probably built on the gas holder  site).

Nah, just don’t see why anybody would be thinking of buying the ground as an investment opportunity separate from the football club.

Radio Derby have been saying all week that the ground is no longer a problem as its changed hands 

4 minutes ago, Miggins said:

On the positive side, the pitch is looking good. If we get someone to take us over who really cares about the club and understands what it means to the city and the fans, we might just have a team to play on it.

BEST PITCH IN LEAGUE ONE

YOU'LL NEVER SING THAT

1 hour ago, Flying Fokker said:

(1) Sky Sports News on Twitter: "Sky Sports News has been told that two of the concrete offers to buy Derby County are “not easily resurrectable”. If Chris Kirchner’s deal to buy the club falls through, there is real danger the club could be liquidated. https://t.co/wm9QkNVkIQ" / Twitter

(1) Elias on Twitter: "EXCL: Slync,io, the company for which Chris Kirchner is CEO, is behind on payroll payments to at least several of its employees. The company also owes NHL franchise Dallas Stars around $800k in sponsorship money That and much more in the piece ⬇️ #DCFC https://t.co/RnE17il82F" / Twitter

CK put the payroll issues down to a software glitch but has said nothing about the 800k dollars he owes to Dallas Stars. I’m not convinced he has the money to sustain the club beyond the short term, or possibly even over the short term. I would like to see Steve Morgan as our new owner. 

Just now, The_Sheriff said:

Not sure if this is a joke but not going to keep scrolling pages.  Are you genuinely confident Morgan is taking over? Care to put a % on it based on your ‘source’

I trust the person who gave it me, As for a % anything between 1 and 100, Am I confident that Morgan is taking over, I don't know him, Am I confident on what I been told...yes.

So Dorsett reckons large number of investors have pulled out of their perspective deals in the Appleby and Morgan groups.

Ashley refusing to pay Admin fees 

Kirchner giving all the excuses under the sun like a child with a poor homework habit and today it’s been revealed Slyc owe money to sponsors and some long term employees haven’t been paid!

I seriously see it coming down to these

A) local consortium Gadsby etc buy the club 

B) liquidation 

C) what I hope in all of this take the hit on points, get Ashley and cashley basically says I am not paying your fees due to incompetence and if you’re not happy see you in court! Ashley won against Newcastle 

10 minutes ago, rsmini said:

Radio Derby have been saying all week that the ground is no longer a problem as its changed hands 

I'm not sure I believe that.

Yes a deal might be in place, but nobody in their right mind would complete without the sale of the club being completed. Without the sale of the club it's a £22m car park!

And surely until the club is sold it still has a loan secured against it?

Edited by RipleyRich