The Administration Thread

Boycie

8 minutes ago, RipleyRich said:

Was just about to post it myself

Does the last paragraphs give any hope mate I’m clinging on to that .

—————-

“That last scenario gives fans some hope that interested parties may be playing brinksmanship with MSD and/or Mel Morris, hoping that they will prefer to get something rather than nothing and that they can get the whole package for a more reasonable amount, either with or without the 15 point penalty next season.

The unfortunate point to take however is that the lack of news flow is likely to continue right up until the last minute of the last hour – which looks like some time in May – and it could still end up in liquidation. This could be the calm before the biggest storm yet. “

Edited by Curtains
Added

22 minutes ago, Curtains said:

I don’t think it says anything new does it? Pretty much the same speculation that has been on this thread for days/weeks now (apart from a Phoenix club starting at a much lower level than L2).

3 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

I don’t think it says anything new does it? Pretty much the same speculation that has been on this thread for days/weeks now (apart from a Phoenix club starting at a much lower level than L2).

It just lays out the facts but don’t forget they have been at meetings with Quantuma.

2 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Does the last paragraph give any hope mate

“That last scenario gives fans some hope that interested parties may be playing brinksmanship with MSD and/or Mel Morris, hoping that they will prefer to get something rather than nothing and that they can get the whole package for a more reasonable amount, either with or without the 15 point penalty next season.”

Personally I think it`s the only hope.

I`ve said all along that the "bids" are no where near enough to progress to a preferred bidder. I still feel HMRC are going for more than 25%. They pushed for years for rule changes to stop Football Clubs using a 12 point deduction (previously 9) to lower tax bills, and I firmly believe that they will sacrifice £7.5m to make the Football World sit up and take notice. Despite the statements made that HMRC will not be the sticking point.

The loan situation is horrendous and the debt continues to rise. It`s just a case of clinging to the hope that one day SOON, MM will wake up with a very guilty conscience and do the right thing.

9 hours ago, PistoldPete said:

It was actually in the statement of affairs that we owe Sevco , but MM won't get a penny of it. 

I get the impression MM has agreed that the club’s debt to sevco need not be paid. If he hadn’t agreed that, sevco would be entitled to exactly the same (25%?) return that the other club unsecured creditors get

3 minutes ago, RipleyRich said:

Personally I think it`s the only hope.

I`ve said all along that the "bids" are no where near enough to progress to a preferred bidder. I still feel HMRC are going for more than 25%. They pushed for years for rule changes to stop Football Clubs using a 12 point deduction (previously 9) to lower tax bills, and I firmly believe that they will sacrifice £7.5m to make the Football World sit up and take notice. Despite the statements made that HMRC will not be the sticking point.

The loan situation is horrendous and the debt continues to rise. It`s just a case of clinging to the hope that one day SOON, MM will wake up with a very guilty conscience and do the right thing.

To me MM is the crux of it all .

We should keep him as sweet as we can 

I`ve just read through the BAWT article again.

On paper it would seem that MSD are in the best position. They have property secured if the Club liquidates and would be left with assets. However, those assets are only really on the face of it, of any value to a Football Club.

But. If that was the case, why would MSD have taken them as security? Surely as a business entity they are not naive enough to have taken them as security without considering their worth in that event?

With the Stadium, you would assume that the land could be redeveloped. Yes at a cost, but I guess it would have been considered. But as for Moor Farm, the land is leased of course, and would the Locko Estate allow for the site to be re-purposed? I`m not so sure, but then money talks.

Anyone have a better insight?

21 minutes ago, Curtains said:

We still need him to do the right thing unfortunately. I appreciate that as fans it's hard when you look at the mess we've been landed in and emotions are running high but I don't see that abuse is going to help persuade him to play ball.

4 minutes ago, RipleyRich said:

On paper it would seem that MSD are in the best position. They have property secured if the Club liquidates and would be left with assets. However, those assets are only really on the face of it, of any value to a Football Club.

But. If that was the case, why would MSD have taken them as security? Surely as a business entity they are not naive enough to have taken them as security without considering their worth in that event?

With the Stadium, you would assume that the land could be redeveloped. Yes at a cost, but I guess it would have been considered. But as for Moor Farm, the land is leased of course, and would the Locko Estate allow for the site to be re-purposed? I`m not so sure, but then money talks.

Isn't the stadium a community asset and therefore not allowed to be redeveloped?

15 minutes ago, Curtains said:

MM is indeed the crux of it all. He transferred the ground into his own shell company to get himself out of one hole, and then he used the ground as collateral to get him out of the next hole.

We shouldn't be keeping him sweet. We should be demanding at the top of our voices that he returns the stadium to the club, and that he personally repays the 'short term' loans he took out with MSD.

It seems as clear as it could be, that there are a minimum of two bidders still at the table, who are offering something more than the £30m offered by the Binnies. I can't imagine much more. It is becoming increasingly clear that no bidder is prepared to significantly increase their offer, particularly with L1 football now more likely than ever next season. I think a bidder will still be prepared to pay up to £35m for the club AND STADIUM, and therefore accept a -15 point start for next season.  

Morris has to shift, or face the fan's wrath for the rest of his born natural.

13 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

It does feel like there is a huge high stakes game of poker taking place that has hit a huge stalemate and the only person who can shake things up a bit is Mel Morris.

Mike Ashley wont budge on his price. He will be happy to wait and either pick it up for peanuts out of a liquidation, or if need be, not at all. Let's remember, Mike Ashley is a real successful businessman, he doesn't make rash decisions and he will only buy the club if it works for him.

The only way the club continues to trade as the club we all know and love is if Mel Morris takes the final hit.

The frustrating thing is, Mel will probably do the right thing at the 11th hour, but why the hell not just do it now and save everyone the heart ache? Or perhaps that is what he is enjoying, the feeling of knowing everything hinges on him, the whole clubs survival rides on him and he will only do the right thing when he is good and ready. Like a true narcissist.

Typical I’m listening Cast Walkaway as I read that comment that song somes my feelings up at the moment 

3 hours ago, S8TY said:

Got to work this morning at 6 to usual football chat with my work mates...one of my West Ham mates said " I think its outrageous that MM can leave the club in loads of debt yet hold the keys to PP!! " In the cold light of day he's absolutely right!!

I really think him having any involvement in what happens to us, our ground,  our future is quite scandalous ...even though he racked up millions in debt he walked away yet still holds major cards regarding our future!!! couldn't make it up.....should never be able to sell a football stadium to seperate it from its club it should never be able to happen?

All true but we need to recognise he doesn’t really hold the keys completely  because of the apparent 20 million in security lodged against it. 

I do think one of the more interesting aspects of all this is actually away from the supporters groups, the journalists and possibly even the MPs, and that’s when the Admins meet with Team Derby/City Council.

They get talked about less, probably because nothing leaks put of them,  but they do tend to get things moving a bit more and don’t go out releasing pointless statements. It’s only really Team Derby/the council that can put pressure Morris too so they have as much sway as anyone else does in the scenario.

Maybe worth keeping an eye out to see if John Forkin tweets later today and what happens the next few days. 

Edited by TuffLuff

19 minutes ago, RipleyRich said:

Did you see this .

No idea if it’s true 

The Derby County Collection

@dcfccollection

·

Mar 20, 2022Replying to @DERBY5HIRE

point 3 is the one that fans/jounalists don't know about or choose to ignore, yet will be the downfall of the club. If these people want to gamble or play brinkmanship games - do it on horses, but not with my (our) football club

Andy

@DERBY5HIRE

Yep, privately a number of people close to the club have stated that MSD won't call in MM PG on his loans. why? It seemed to be linked to suggestion that there were "back to back" loans, ie Mel lent one MSD company money, abroad, MSD then lent #dcfc money via msd UK Holdings.

3:57 PM · Mar 20, 2022

On 18/03/2022 at 12:19, Ghost of Clough said:

Sure on the four you've listed. Darren Robinson is another and Duncan is definitely under contract too, but he seems to have disappeared. 
I recall someone saying there's a 1 year option on Buchanan. Not sure about some of the youngsters such as McDonald, Bardell, Ebiowei, etc

Kornell McDonald has another year apparently, as does Stretton.  The only chance of someone being under contract is if they signed a 3 year deal, long enough ago, that it still has a year to run.  

Doubt that we wil be able to extend Buchanan, even with an option, unless the embargo is lifted.

Ebowei definitely up in June according to OS profile

Bardell expires in June. Anybody who signed an extension or pro contract last year, Cybulski, Aghatise, WGP, APDG, Solomon, S Thompson, Matthews, Foulkes are all but certain to be out. 

Second year scholars will be out, Marko Borkovic, Rhys Brailsford, Eli Christie, Olamide Ibrahim, Cian Kelly Caprani, Harvey Randle, Alfie Roberts, Charlie Rutt

That leaves us Nicholas-Davies, Dubum Eze, Nelson Aideyan, Adebayo Fapetu, Darren Robinson, Riley Moloney, Callum Moore, Sam Sebagabo, Carlos Richards, who are only first year scholars at present. I imagine we won't be restricted from adding to that from our under 16s, but surely they're all too young to be viable.

Not sure about Clarke but I presume his was a 1 year deal.

16 minutes ago, Alty_Ram said:

We still need him to do the right thing unfortunately. I appreciate that as fans it's hard when you look at the mess we've been landed in and emotions are running high but I don't see that abuse is going to help persuade him to play ball.

100 % correct