The Administration Thread

Boycie

54 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Other people are talking to him saying it isn’t fair what Derby are doing.

Just trying to point out the misconceptions other clubs fans perceive us to be .

To be honest I don’t want to be doom and gloom but can’t even see other clubs allowing us to go into League 2 even when the clubs vote. .

The only thing I cling on to is a serious buyer which seems more and more remote by the day.

Hope I’m wrong 

Glad i don't have Twitter,the only thing i have is Faceache and that's only because of various groups i am involved in otherwise i wouldn't bother with that. 

2 hours ago, duncanjwitham said:

I'm not sure you can really connect the previous points deductions with any future deductions (for the 25% creditor thing anyway).  The clarity regarding future deductions was specifically to avoid failing future FFP periods with the restated amortization applied etc.   The 15 point penalty for not paying creditors is a completely separate thing, and basically an automatic process.  I'm not even sure there was any way that Quantuma could have negotiated it away.  And whether it it happens is largely out of their hands - either a bidder is prepared to pay the 25% or they aren't, Quantuma can't force them to.

Obviously with hindsight, it might have been wise to fight the previous penalties a bit harder, knowing that we ended up getting delayed by the 'Boro thing and whatever else. But at the time, you can certainly understand why getting it sorted and pushing for a quick sale seemed the right strategy.

At that time when it was suggested we fight the Nine point deduction certain things hadn't come to light (Boro) so many on here would have questioned why as it was delaying the selling process

15 hours ago, Leeds Ram said:

No it's not. It's the difference between blocking someone access to your personal thoughts and feed and blocking access to an entire platform. If I block someone from my twitter they're not banned from twitter...  

But surely, that's because you can't!  You don't own Twitter! *

*I'm making a massive assumption here... obvs!  Apologies if I'm wrong.   

Just now, atherstoneram said:

At that time when it was suggested we fight the Nine point deduction certain things hadn't come to light (Boro) so many on here would have questioned why as it was delaying the selling process

I'm sure it hadn't come to light to Q, When accepting the 9 points with no further deductions Q were told case now close, Then Boro came from left field, Then the EFL rub their hands with glee saying we can not get involved...the rest as they say is history ?‍♂️

14 minutes ago, atherstoneram said:

Thought it was mandatory if any new owner fails to pay a certain percentage to creditors and i think puts the club under harsher conditions from the EFL regarding wages/recruitment etc.

If it’s mandatory it would at least be in the Efl rule book.  Mind you Efl just make rules up as they go along, as we have seen this season.

2 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

I'm sure it hadn't come to light to Q, When accepting the 9 points with no further deductions Q were told case now close, Then Boro came from left field, Then the EFL rub their hands with glee saying we can not get involved...the rest as they say is history ?‍♂️

Q were told the 9 points drew a line under the historic FFP breaches. Nothing else

The Boro claim was separate, and already ongoing. But Q assumed wrongly that one way or another they could make it go away. 

Just putting it out there again, the reason we are not hearing anything is because we’ve been given breathing space to the end of the season, it does not mean we are going to be liquidated. The admins have stopped leaks that’s another reason.

The negotiations have more time to run now so they will continue to do so. It’s frustrating but that’s the reality, but it doesn’t mean doom. I think it will be end of April at earliest before we hear of any more meaningful progress.

Quantuma have been guilty of poorly managing expectations although curveballs have clearly happened along the way to derail things. But they are damned if they do damned if they don’t. They put comms out (that doesn’t say anything what’s the point in that communication), they don’t put comms out (what are they doing, clearly nothing happening, lying about us having bidders we are going to be liquidated). 

Personally I’m pleased they are getting on with the job of what is proving to be a difficult and complex administration, and we all know why that is? (Mel)

I want them gone. They even want to be gone. We all want them gone and a new owner in place but if it was easy then it would be done by now. 

51 minutes ago, ilkleyram said:

If, and it’s still a big if that no one will want to buy us (and we still might stay up anyway), why do you think that clubs won’t want us in the league - 1 or 2?

We bring with us good support, and therefore income; the prospect of playing at a well known/big stadium; media and Sky attention - fame and fortune and everything that goes with it.  In short we will be a prize, especially in the lower leagues.  There is no such thing as ‘the football family’ with altruistic views. Chairmen think with their wallets and we will, certainly for the first couple of seasons at least, be box office.  And that’s before the health and safety police start to wonder about the wisdom of our supporters descending upon non league grounds and towns.

But before all that becomes an issue just keep clinging on to the positive thoughts. Keep positive.

We can forget about the attention from Sky even in league 1 or 2, we will just become another club along the likes of Sheff.Wed/Sunderland and Ipswich etc. And as for the big pay day, one match a season at home against us isn't likely to sway their thoughts and if we descend into non league they will just make the matches all ticket when they played us. Not being negative but the issues/problems are not insurmountable.

We can only keep hoping we don't find ourselves in that position.

10 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

If it’s mandatory it would at least be in the Efl rule book.  Mind you Efl just make rules up as they go along, as we have seen this season.

Don’t understand how the EFl insolvency policy ties in with the rules but I recall reading that72 clubs approved it. From all we’ve heard there’s little doubt it’s viewed as mandatory. 

6 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

The admins have stopped leaks that’s another reason.

They now seem pretty successful in doing this. I’d guess it means nothing is going to the EFL board. It may also mean Q is in discussions with just one bidder 

Edited by kevinhectoring

19 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

But surely, that's because you can't!  You don't own Twitter! *

*I'm making a massive assumption here... obvs!  Apologies if I'm wrong.   

The point I was making is that there is a distinction between blocking someone on social media i.e., from access to your feed and blocking someone from the platform itself. It's not only a difference in capability but a difference in the type of action. 

29 minutes ago, Carnero said:

Bielik, Bird, Knight, Sibley and ?

Is it Stretton? And if so are you sure of that or just using transfermarkt?

Sure on the four you've listed. Darren Robinson is another and Duncan is definitely under contract too, but he seems to have disappeared. 
I recall someone saying there's a 1 year option on Buchanan. Not sure about some of the youngsters such as McDonald, Bardell, Ebiowei, etc

10 minutes ago, atherstoneram said:

When is the final date that we have to inform the EFL we have a squad and can compete next season, i am sure there is a date but i may be wrong.

When the Efl allow us to renew contracts, then we can inform them that we have. 

9 minutes ago, atherstoneram said:

When is the final date that we have to inform the EFL we have a squad and can compete next season, i am sure there is a date but i may be wrong.

I would imagine at the end of May when it's not going to be an issue should we liquidate in season.  I notice the EFL were all outrage and bluster sending out 3 messages in a week when it wasn't clear if we had funding to the end of the season and they were getting a squeaky arse.  Now there back to not giving a stuff.   It even appears if reports are correct that they may have let a football creditor debt to Poznan slip by without investigation into where that moneys gone as they don't want to rock the boat.  being told were not going to play the last 3 or 4 games of the season is their nightmare.  

20 minutes ago, atherstoneram said:

I'm sure that I've seen a few clubs in recent years signing players right up to the last minute in order to put out a team on the opening day of the season. Bolton went into pre season friendlies with only 7 players, a couple of years back.