The Administration Thread

Boycie

3 hours ago, ollycutts1982 said:

If Ashley only wanted us if we are a Championship club he should have done a deal sooner and allowed us to strengthen. Losing players and the inability to sign players will ultimately cost us. 

I don't think that was ever possible because of the Middlesbrough claim and the EFL's tacit support for it. I don't think it's important enough for him to have gambled that much.

Ashley is an administration expert, probably knows more than Quantuma. 

He will know what to do, when to do it and what it will take to get the club at the price he is happy with. 

Im glad he’s not just jumping in with the price he’s expected to pay. It probably means he will do the same with players and only paying what is right. 

58 minutes ago, plymouthram said:

The case could be, that the remaining bidders have advised the administrators not to act until they know the outcome of which league Derby will be in next season. Which means, they could have both submitted 2 bids, one for a championship club and one for a League 1 club. Which means the winning bidder will not be announced this week, next week, shortly or even imminently.

I can't see the administrators agreeing to that situation in all honesty,they are dealing with a championship club, not putting everything on hold to see where we are at the end of the season.

36 minutes ago, atherstoneram said:

I can't see the administrators agreeing to that situation in all honesty,they are dealing with a championship club, not putting everything on hold to see where we are at the end of the season.

Unfortunately they will deal with what they are given…I deal with relatively simple transactions (just advised on a multi-hundreds of millions one) they’re not straight forward and they take time and every day throws up a new issue. They’re not buying a Mars Bar…

4 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

THIS.

quite right. but like it or not chelsea are worldwide news. were not. in my head we are, but in real life. no. 

i bet there thousands of Japanese crying in there noodles over chelsea who have never heard of teams like us. Proper football teams that made this sport what it is. 

unfortunately its these plastics that sponsors/sky aim at. which allow a team like chelsea to pay £29M a month in wages.  

how can that be right?

it’s scandalous 

I'm not really getting the wait till we see if we're a championship or League 1 club.  The debt remains and increases whatever league and if its left till May we have no team.  Leaving it till then would make no sense to any investor.  That's not the issue .  If it's true that the admin want 50 million, Half of which is their fee and MSD,  we are buggered.  With the cost of new contracts, loan fees, additional wages and agent fees for freebies, ground maintenance and back rent to Morris, plus additional transfer fees, payoffs etc still owing then 25-30 million is a correct offer to facilitate a satisfactory outcome for creditors.  Mels got to help out with the MSD loan by at least halving it and arranging the lease of the ground for the remainder with a handover on loan payment completion in a few years. If he does we get moving .  If we want 50 million upfront it is not happening.  

2 hours ago, Ram-a-lama fa fa fa said:

quite right. but like it or not chelsea are worldwide news. were not. in my head we are, but in real life. no. 

i bet there thousands of Japanese crying in there noodles over chelsea who have never heard of teams like us. Proper football teams that made this sport what it is. 

unfortunately its these plastics that sponsors/sky aim at. which allow a team like chelsea to pay £29M a month in wages.  

how can that be right?

it’s scandalous 

Isn’t that what is known as ‘financial fair play’? 

7 hours ago, jimtastic56 said:

But we still owe £8,000,000 of his fee. There have been some very good players come into the Championship this season from non league  i e Zorba Thomas. Our recruitment has to improve by miles, especially now.

He’s the only one we owe money on and if not for his two serious injuries we would have sold him by now ! 
take a look at all the other clubs on what they owe and for who, we have well and truly turned the corner on that one 

8 hours ago, RAM1966 said:

TBH, the Administrators were appointed by Mel, they've had several offers, my take on this is until the right offer comes in aka, a deal that includes an acceptable price for the stadium, there will be no preferred bidder.

Its also a distinct possibility that, this is all smoke and mirrors, there is on intention at all to have a preferred bidder, let us go bust.

Why?  Ashley may well be happy to see us start at the bottom of Lg 2 after buying the stadium for £30-35M.  He gets a club without debts, sanctions or debt or dirt digging on the accounts.  He can invest bigtime with no FFP constraints, back in Championship within 2 seasons....

Likeliest ourcome the more I think about it....  If we stay up, this could change though!

This situation is probably more likely than anyone accepting a minus 15 point start in league 1 and a smaller offer- with no squad anyway there would need to be bigger investment however I don’t think Derby would start again that high up (league 2) would be surprised. Also, would Mike Ashley want to be in charge of a league 2 club?

I don’t think anything will happen unless Mel Morris a accepts a hit on the stadium. I doubt Quantuma have actually received a good enough bid yet. 

10 hours ago, RAM1966 said:

TBH, the Administrators were appointed by Mel, they've had several offers, my take on this is until the right offer comes in aka, a deal that includes an acceptable price for the stadium, there will be no preferred bidder.

Its also a distinct possibility that, this is all smoke and mirrors, there is on intention at all to have a preferred bidder, let us go bust.

Why?  Ashley may well be happy to see us start at the bottom of Lg 2 after buying the stadium for £30-35M.  He gets a club without debts, sanctions or debt or dirt digging on the accounts.  He can invest bigtime with no FFP constraints, back in Championship within 2 seasons....

Likeliest ourcome the more I think about it....  If we stay up, this could change though!

I thought that any exit out of admin includes agreeing to an EFL approved business plan that requires approval of signings (like in the summer and Reading have) so to say no FFP restrictions isn’t 100% accurate

17 hours ago, PistoldPete said:

You say that but Wigan were warned several times and their fans raised money to keep the club afloat.

there has not been any indication from quantuma that things were anywhere near the stage  that we might need to have a whip round amongst the fans to keep the club from going under.

£30 million including the stadium seems a pitifully low offer from binnies and if no one is seriously prepared to pay any more than That then I am sure the fans .. particularly the wealthy ones could raise that  sum between them. It’s only about £1,000 per fan who went to the Birmingham and Peterborough games.

Not sure its comparable in anyway but I will....

Radio 1 has 10 million listeners or so, raising money for comic relief, with a week of hard pushing.

They made 6-700k

That was begging 10m people to hand over money to charity, to potentially save lives. They could argue that it isn't hard for 10m people to give a £1 and raise 10m. They made less than a 10th of that 

It sounds easy when you say x amount of fans donating so much, but in reality it will actually be a lot lower number of fans that can or will donate. 

11 hours ago, jimtastic56 said:

But we still owe £8,000,000 of his fee. There have been some very good players come into the Championship this season from non league  i e Zorba Thomas. Our recruitment has to improve by miles, especially now.

We do not owe £8 million for Bielik. That was  the total owed for Bielik, Jozwiak, Byrne Marshall and a few others in November last year. We have paid instalments since then so we will not owe anything like £8m for Bielik. 

But you are right we need to improve recruitment, and have done to be fair. No problem with  Allsopp , Jags , stearman, Morrison  and co. 

10 hours ago, RAM1966 said:

Surely the preferred bidder is the one that puts the best bid in? If we have 3 bids on the table then the best will be the preferred bidder.

7 hours ago, Ram-a-lama fa fa fa said:

.........which allow a team like chelsea to pay £29M a month in wages.  

how can that be right?

it’s scandalous 

I agree.

To put this into perspective, that wage bill would pay the annual salary of about 10,000 nurses.

7 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Surely the preferred bidder is the one that puts the best bid in? If we have 3 bids on the table then the best will be the preferred bidder.

Could be tricky to decide if one says I will pay for the club but not the stadium, will not accept liability for Wycombe claim etc. Also have to satisfy EFL with their poxy business plan. 

22 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

We do not owe £8 million for Bielik. That was  the total owed for Bielik, Jozwiak, Byrne Marshall and a few others in November last year. We have paid instalments since then so we will not owe anything like £8m for Bielik. 

But you are right we need to improve recruitment, and have done to be fair. No problem with  Allsopp , Jags , stearman, Morrison  and co. 

How much DO we owe for Bielik then as a matter of interest?

31 minutes ago, davenportram said:

I thought that any exit out of admin includes agreeing to an EFL approved business plan that requires approval of signings (like in the summer and Reading have) so to say no FFP restrictions isn’t 100% accurate

If we end up a pheonix club there is no exiting Admin, uts a fresh club, which means no business plan....  Unless of course tgat an EFL trade off to start at tge bottom of Lg2.

As sad as it is, its the only way I can see out of this complete mess.

To think Ive had 2 one month bans for calling out a certain person and his actions on this website ? 

25 minutes ago, davenportram said:

Isn’t the only requirement for exiting administration an agreement from the creditors (or 75% of them by value) to a CVA. However, the EFL can deduct a further 15 points or kick us out the league if the CVA doesn’t meet their requirements or they don’t like the business plan? I can’t remember the rules on FFP/salary cap in L2 but I seem to recall he could inject as much money as he wanted and we wouldn’t fall foul of and rules but the EFL may not approve such a business plan.

5 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

How much DO we owe for Bielik then as a matter of interest?

I don't know.  The statement of affairs in November put total transfer fees owed at just over £8million. It wasn't broken down that I know of but both the Polish internationals fees were being paid by instalments  so a fair chunk of that £8m outstanding at that time would have been for Jozwiak , who we have just sold for £2m.

30 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

The best bid for who the creditors collectively or a the person who appointed them?   Remember this is all done under NDA agreements, so who is going to see whats actually the best overall agreement is for ALL the creditors.

Im sorry, but, I really do not trust yhe person that got us into this mess.  He's hidden stuff from the fans, failed to pay taxes, he's treated the fans.  Acted appallingly feeding the select few bullshite under an NDA scenario.

For me he no longer cares one jot or he would have sorted Boro long before he did and gifted the stadium to make the deal possible.

Edited by RAM1966