The Administration Thread

Boycie

I think that the most direct comparison with a liquidated club would be Chester who folded in 2010 and who after appeal to the FA were placed in the Northern Counties premier league, the 8th tier of the pyramid. They achieved a number of back to back promotions and for a couple of seasons were in the conference playing teams such as Bristol rovers and forest green however they fell back into financial trouble and are now in the National League North. But even having a very good stadium for the league they are in  with a capacity of 6500 they are only averaging 1,600 per game and struggling to stay solvent.

Therefore talk of liquidation being a viable alternative for the survival of DCFC is mis placed, if this happens my view is that crowds would drop to <5,000, and given the running costs of the stadium, (you can forget having an academy) we would be in a perpetually bad financial situation, to quote the Hyde Park speakers " The end is Nigh"

9 minutes ago, RipleyRich said:

What we need to appreciate is that there are 2 sets of "Rich Folk" supposedly interested in the club.

Set 1. The MA type, who are looking for a business opportunity and will only pay what they feel it's worth to them as an opportunity.

Set 2. The AA type, who have an affection for the club and don't want to see its demise. They either cant raise the cash, or have a strict limit. After all, they didn't really want to buy the club or they would have been at the table with a serious offer long ago. They just now want to try and save it.

This is how I see the current situation.

Yeah this is probably correct.

We are looking for a savior that isn’t there at present!

1 hour ago, Gaspode said:

Something has to be done to focus a few minds on the bigger picture here - seems some of the rich folk are still looking for a cut-price deal.....

Can it really be so hard for Q to set out the minimum amount that needs to be paid to meet each of the scenarios (2 years, 3 years, -15 points) and then set a deadline when the amount the potential buyers need to have submitted their final and best bid - whoever bids the largest amount wins. If no-one meets the lowest price (-15 points), then Q will begin liquidation proceedings. The alternative is that this farce staggers on for many more months with the occassional drip-feed of cash to pay the wages.....

This.

If we can't get a new owner now, can you seriously see us securing one during the season. If Q are taking out a loan circa 3-5 million for new players, season tickets and June's Wages, it's only going to add more debt to an already dire situation. Q need to set a new deadline for a new owner, because I can't bare to see this farce continue into next season.

Edited by JPRamFan

We need this sorting now, cannot believe the administrators haven’t been in touch with AA even to say ‘right we need more’ or ‘ awaiting bids from others by …. ‘ then we will get back to you, it really is becoming a joke

4 minutes ago, JPRamFan said:

This.

If we can't get a new owner now, can you seriously see us securing one during the season. If Q are taking out a loan circa 3-5 million for new players, season tickets and June's Wages, it's only going to add more debt to an already dire situation. Q need to set a new deadline for a new owner, because I can't bare to see this farce continue into next season.

Might they be taking a loan out against future season ticket income?

Those expecting a buyer to be named this week or next need to read Q’s statement again.

There is an immediate requirement to secure the short-term future of the club, to allow players to be signed, issue season tickets for sale and to secure commercial agreements, as well as our best intentions to bring the uncertainty for staff and supporters to an end.

Once the short-term future of the club is secured, then we will deal with preferred bidder arrangements.

Q are not just selling the club, they are running the day-to-day affairs of the club, and it seems to me after the CK debacle (specifically the time wasted) that their immediate and full focus is to manage our continuing survival, and keep matters ticking along commercially, to ensure that there is something tangible to buy in a few weeks time. They clearly expected CK to be doing this now, but it has once again become their priority to maintain the club as an operating entity (even on a much diminished scale). 

Just now, i-Ram said:

Those expecting a buyer to be named this week or next need to read Q’s statement again.

There is an immediate requirement to secure the short-term future of the club, to allow players to be signed, issue season tickets for sale and to secure commercial agreements, as well as our best intentions to bring the uncertainty for staff and supporters to an end.

Once the short-term future of the club is secured, then we will deal with preferred bidder arrangements.

Q are not just selling the club, they are running the day-to-day affairs of the club, and it seems to me after the CK debacle (specifically the time wasted) that their immediate and full focus is to manage our continuing survival, and keep matters ticking along commercially, to ensure that there is something tangible to buy in a few weeks time. They clearly expected CK to be doing this now, but it has once again become their priority to maintain the club as an operating entity (even on a much diminished scale). 

P.S. I wouldn’t be surprised if they sold Knight or Buchanan to help them through the next month or two.

4 minutes ago, JPRamFan said:

This.

Yes it adds more debt, but doesn’t it strengthen the club in the short term? I’m aware I often look for the positives in a situation and there are others who maybe look at the opposite with the realistic take probably pitched somewhere in between, but people keep talking about not being able to buy season tickets to support the club financially and drive crowds for the season which in turn generates further revenue through cold pies and boiling hot bovril, I’d say that’s a plus. We’ve only got 5/7/14 (delete as applicable) players, the paper talk is that a short term loan means we can add to the squad, which again strengthens the club off and on the pitch, doesn’t it? 
It means we would start the season in admin, with funding in place to be able to complete the season, a smaller wage bill and the opportunity to generate further revenue through match days, more time with which to agree a deal with a new owner who can then complete a takeover, pay down some debts as part of that process and start to rebuild the club. 

1 hour ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

It’s already been said that won’t happen, if it came to it the EFL member clubs would overwhelmingly vote to kick us out the league. The reality of becoming a Phoenix club will be we’d have to negotiate our starting position somewhere in the non league. Becoming a Phoenix club in League 2 is just wishful thinking. 

Keeping what is becoming a carcass going by hook or by crook is the only option. If Qs statement is the reality of the situation and the reason they haven’t engaged with Appleby is the bid doesn’t satisfy the minimum EFL criteria for retaining golden share then I think a Bolton scenario is looking increasingly likely and next season will be the most painful in our 138 year history as we get relegated to our lowest point. I probably will get a season ticket but I will fully understand many even loyal supporters not, unless Rooney can somehow galvanise us again to defeat the odds, at least we won’t start on -15 points (for next season at least).

Trying to keep the carcass going and suffering relegation after relegation dosent seem a good option either to me.

37 minutes ago, Stive Pesley said:

Sorry - where has that been said? I'm sure I read noises from the EFL suggesting that it would be in everyone's interests to allow a Phoenix Derby club into L2

There was an article in one of the nationals recently where other EFL clubs were complaining at the amount of time being given to Derby to resolve the takeover and the consensus was clubs would not vote to keep us in the league. Can’t remember who wrote it, could be Nixon, Percy or the Mail.

The fact that out of the 72 clubs I think we would only need 7 to vote against would suggest us starting again in league two is extremely unlikely/not going to happen. 

Clubs are completely self interested and would happily throw other clubs to the wolves. There is no football family.

So if we start next season in administration, we start with nil points deduction ?

Assuming we have a new owner during the season, the EFL apply a points deduction if the new owner doesn't meet the minimum requirements ?

Could be psychologically good if we don't actually start on -15 even if we eventually get it further down the line. Gives us chance to build up some sort of points tally I suppose. It would be so demoralising for the players to be starting out with a deficit