The Administration Thread

Boycie

41 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

Yes takes lots of guts to post under a pseudonym online whilst not confirming which team you support. Bravery medal's in the post

Pseudonym?

With respect, your post says an awful lot. It suggests that a judgement would be made on me based upon the team I support regardless of whether my motives and reasons for being here are genuine or not.

I guess if I float I'm a witch is the same as being a Forest or Leeds fan?

All you really need to know as to why I'm here is what I've previously posted.

Apart from that underneath it all I'm a football fan. And true football fans know and care about what you guys on here are feeling regardless of who they support.

Football is nothing without the other 91 Clubs, their fans and the rivalry and banter that goes with it.

Football hatred ranks with racism and homophobia as far as I'm concerned.

7 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

When he went there he pumped in £100m (not the purchase price) and still The Newcastle fans didn't love him and his 'London posse'. Maybe like Mel he'd had enough and wanted out and stopped caring. But unlike Mel he didn't abandon them, if only to get his investment back. 

Poor Geordies left where they were found mid-table Prem! If you think whoever buys us will be happy with were we are now you need to give your a head a little wobble. ?

Nope, Maybe the £300m + was the reason he wanted out, This man is ruthless where business is concerned, He knew there was a sale to be had, He's not fussed where the money comes from, He's taking/taken Amanda Staveley through the courts as she'd taken all of his adverts for Sports Direct down, Would I want him to be the owner of DCFC...too right I would, Appleby, Morgan also, The man who doesn't want to be identified I have a little concern about, Just as I had with the yank, Ashley, Morgan, Appleby have all been involved in football, All have a few bob to throw about.

This takeover will happen, Maybe not to our expectations...but it will happen...I have no more inside info, It would be too much of a concern for those who are in Preston HQ

22 minutes ago, Tricky1884 said:

It would be a nightmare but is the only way we could start the season and still be in admin is to sell what remaining player we have left?  Do we need to show we can fund a full season? Its all starting to get me down now LOL.  

This is the point I keep coming back to, they could sell one or two of the contracted players (say Knight and Bielik or Buchanan) to provide funds for the season. I know it weakens the squad further still, but if they do so and go to the EFL with a budget for the season along with one of these buyers ready to go following their due diligence it is plausible for the club to limp on. 

They could also be doing something to encourage fan spending, I suspect season tickets are on hold due to the uncertainty around the clubs future and ownership, so sell virtual tickets to an event, or raffle off something and encourage fans to “pay what you can” for a ticket, a “legitimate” way to draw income into the club’s coffers in the short term. Surely these local businesspeople who won’t let the club fold and our handful of celeb fans could then chip in if they do choose? 

I know I’m grasping at straws with some of this, I just think there are still avenues available even with time running out for us to at least exist for another season.

9 minutes ago, RipleyRich said:

Pseudonym?

With respect, your post says an awful lot. It suggests that a judgement would be made on me based upon the team I support regardless of whether my motives and reasons for being here are genuine or not.

I guess if I float I'm a witch is the same as being a Forest or Leeds fan?

All you really need to know as to why I'm here is what I've previously posted.

Apart from that underneath it all I'm a football fan. And true football fans know and care about what you guys on here are feeling regardless of who they support.

Football is nothing without the other 91 Clubs, their fans and the rivalry and banter that goes with it.

Football hatred ranks with racism and homophobia as far as I'm concerned.

Football hatred on twitter is vile but on this DCFC fans forum I cannot remember ever seeing such extremes but admit the mods would remove. However, the name of the forum is a clue here and your posts are often so negative it is no wonder your support of dcfc is questioned on a dcfc fans forum. And football rivalry however vitriolic can never be ranked with racism or homophobia where legal protections against quite rightly apply. 

54 minutes ago, Big Trav said:

I think we won’t start this new season under admin. It’s either have a buyer in or lose your golden share and go into non leagues 

I believe we will be in league one and still in administration when we start the season (it’s the end of July), hopefully by the end of October we are out of administration. 

1 hour ago, Ian Buxton's Bat said:

I think I posted this (on page 25 or thereabouts) but our problem was being too good in Nov and Dec

Rooney was trumpeting in November that we would stay up, attracting a lot of attention. Pouring fuel on Gibson’s fire. Where were you when @RoyMac5(and several of my other admirers) peppered me with laughing emojis for saying he should sell the trumpet and buy a boxwood flute ?

8 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

Nope, Maybe the £300m + was the reason he wanted out, This man is ruthless where business is concerned, He knew there was a sale to be had, He's not fussed where the money comes from, He's taking/taken Amanda Staveley through the courts as she'd taken all of his adverts for Sports Direct down, Would I want him to be the owner of DCFC...too right I would, Appleby, Morgan also, The man who doesn't want to be identified I have a little concern about, Just as I had with the yank, Ashley, Morgan, Appleby have all been involved in football, All have a few bob to throw about.

This takeover will happen, Maybe not to our expectations...but it will happen...I have no more inside info, It would be too much of a concern for those who are in Preston HQ

I'm sure he did want £300m but unlike Mel he didn't leave them without a squad and in a lower league. He knew there was a sale to be had - like Mel he'd been trying to sell them for seasons! As for fussed about where the money comes from - you remember the Co-op (ethical) Bank do you, how clean were they?!

2 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

Rooney was trumpeting in November that we would stay up, attracting a lot of attention. Pouring fuel on Gibson’s fire. Where were you when @RoyMac5(and several of my other admirers) peppered me with laughing emojis for saying he should sell the trumpet and buy a boxwood flute ?

What? 

If the EFL had allowed even a few free signings or re-signings we would have. I suppose you knew that wouldn't happen. ?

Edited by RoyMac5

4 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

Apparently, CK's method of paying 35p/£ over three years works out more expensive than 25p/£ in one year.

This man is ahead of his time, Buyer drops out so others come in with a lower offer...no $hit sherlock, There's a car for sale at £8k been on the forecourt for a year no buyers, I said to him...have you ever thought of lowering your price, Never thought of that he said, Knocked £1k off...it's still there Season 2 Gasp GIF by Martin

57 minutes ago, Mihangel said:

In fairness, it's a little more nuanced than that - It's no secret that I despise Mike Ashley and his terrible employment practices but then I'm also no fan of CK's apparent alt-right tendencies. In the context of my football club though, I can only focus on what said person will do for the football club. A lot has been said about Ashley and his job at Newcastle but the facts are that in the season before he bought them, they finished 13th in the PL. In the last season under Ashley, they finished 12th in the PL. So in a very simplistic, non scientific football only analysis, he left them where he found them. That wouldn't be good news for us.

In terms of infrastructure spending, Newcastle under Ashley between 2010 and 2020 spent £7m on repairs on maintenance, comfortably bottom of the PL table, the academy there is apparently not fit for purpose. A repetition of this would be a disaster for us.

In short, I would be disappointed if Ashley is are new owner, will be mardy about it? Probably. I certainly would love to see some commitment to infrastructure spending.

Hang on a minute, being 12/13th in the premiership is a very good achievement and Ashley and most of us fans would be very pleased with that year after year.

infrastructure wise, well that’s in the eyes of the beholder, what’s needed? 

Academy wise I see no point in having copious amounts of young academy players because we can hardly afford a first team and we will need at least 16 over a season if we were fortunate with injuries, or do we need or can we afford more than a shadow squad of youngsters? That’s the reality of it.

Edited by Sparkle

58 minutes ago, Tricky1884 said:

It would be a nightmare but is the only way we could start the season and still be in admin is to sell what remaining player we have left?  Do we need to show we can fund a full season? Its all starting to get me down now LOL.  

Selling tickets would be a huge difference in finances and yes potentially the likes of Belick departing would make a big difference if the finances were right but I can’t not see us not being in administration when we kick off even if we have a new buyer because it simply takes time to sort everything out and we kick off at the end of July 

Edited by Sparkle

4 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

I'm sure he did want £300m but unlike Mel he didn't leave them without a squad and in a lower league. He knew there was a sale to be had - like Mel he'd been trying to sell them for seasons! As for fussed about where the money comes from - you remember the Co-op (ethical) Bank do you, how clean were they?!

Banks back then weren't as regulated as they are today, Banks today will still employ those practices...your personal manager is still hiding in the cupboard, The banking crisis years ago in the UK and USA billions and billions were lost or syphoned off...how many ended up doing jailtime? If there's money to be made...ethics go out of the window, If you've made millions or billions of £s there'll be some questionable ethical practises used to gain that fortune.

The Co-op unloaded DCFC for £3, Ethical or unethical, The buyers were the ones that shall we say took the pi$$...their ethics came back to bite them on the A$$