The Administration Thread

Boycie

9 minutes ago, Coconut's Beard said:

This is what's getting to me now.

Some bankers, somewhere, hold our fate in their hands. A deal could collapse because external forces act slowly, while the presence of and pressure from other external parasites and vultures mean we need things doing quickly.

It's currently beyond the control of anyone who's worked hard to get the deal to this stage what happens now, but people who've done bugger all but interfere from the sidelines stand to gain from it.

This assumes the money has actually been sent.

Personally I have my doubts now. Despite what many of us may think, I don't believe any bank would hold up the deal for any length of time unless there is something requiring extraordinary investigation. Whilst crypto may add to the complexity of their checks, they are doing these checks all the time. If Q had seen evidence that the money has been sent then I feel confident they would be prepared to wait a day or two longer.

My guess is that Ed Dawes caught wind that Quantuma were potentially removing CK's exclusivity and ran with the deal collapsing. CK then reaffirmed with the administrators that his money was being checked by anti-laundering people so Quantuma extended the exclusivity for a short period, but are ready to remove it soon if the finances aren't resolved and that is the position we are in now. 

Of course that is all speculation, but that is what I can get from it. 

11 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

Sky say exclusivity has been withdrawn, but Kirchner has not formally withdrawn his offer. Is that untrue, according to Nixon?

The bit about exclusivity, yes. 

22 minutes ago, LazloW said:

So, to answer my actual point, you agree that there is no substantive evidence to suggest that we will definitely be worse off under MA than CK (either in terms of an immediate point deduction- which was the main point of my query - or in the longer term).

Rather, there is speculation based on what he may or may not have done with a previous club vs the apparent absolute certainty that a man who has never owned a club before will be a wonderful owner who will do no wrong?  I do find that odd. 

I mean, I’m no great fan of Ashley and couldn’t care less if he became our owner or not, but if he does then I’ll judge him on how he runs us rather than what he did to a different club, in a different situation with different expectations and different infrastructure to start with. If he runs us into the ground then he will feel my wrath just as CK would and just as Mel has (and just as Maxwell did, and the Three Amigos and the League of Gentleman and the Americans (or as close as I get to wrath about football)).  I just see no point in getting into a tizzy about what might be, when what is is so catastrophic.

It's not what he may or may not have done at another club, it's what he has done at another club. His reputation concerning working conditions at his other business(es? Specifically talking Sports DIrect but not sure on others) ) also helps paint a picture.

The sly games he's playing over our takeover don't exactly show him as a reformed character either.

It feels to me like people are so desperate now that they'd sell their soul to the devil, but instead of acknowledging that they've only done so out of necessity, they're chirruping on about the devil not being so bad after all. Just because there's a tiny bit of torture in his past behaviour, so what? He may not treat us the same as he did all the others,

Actually come to think of it, it's the best thing we could have done, yeah!  Better the devil you know and all that! Which is bollocks of course.

Obviously I'm not literally calling Mike Ashley Satan, just thought I'd clarify that

Amazed I feel I have to but you know what some people are like.

Edited by Coconut's Beard

27 minutes ago, DesertRam said:

Seems ludicrous to me that after all this time, about turns, shenanigans etc..

we are prepared to pull the plug, when it has been officially confirmed

that the 'millions'  are in transit, and going through the system

what a difference a day makes eh

Has it been officially confirmed? I may have missed that as I've been out most of the day.

8 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Dorset been told one thing, Nixon told another. My guess is Nixon is being told by cK people, Dorset by Ashley people and Q are talking to no one.

Q have always hated talking to people. They just like to blame the fans when they can. 

Edited by Ramos

4 minutes ago, TheDeadlySaul said:

My guess is that Ed Dawes caught wind that Quantuma were potentially removing CK's exclusivity and ran with the deal collapsing. CK then reaffirmed with the administrators that his money was being checked by anti-laundering people so Quantuma extended the exclusivity for a short period, but are ready to remove it soon if the finances aren't resolved and that is the position we are in now. 

Of course that is all speculation, but that is what I can get from it. 

That’s probably a good guess and close to the mark.

There’s a couple of things we do know 

1. We know very little.

2. There appears to be a lot of speculation and misinformation out there.

Other than that everything’s straight forward and going to some sort of divine plan!!!! ?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️

11 minutes ago, Ramos said:

Q have always hated talking to people. They just like to blame the fans when they can. 

That's nonsense though, they haven't blamed the fans for anything.

They have at one stage (correctly) pointed out that it's unhelpful to make threats to individuals. It shouldn't and wouldn't have needed to be said if people could control their temper whilst behind a keyboard and not message Stephen Pearce that he needed to "watch his back" if he's ever back in Derby.

For some utterly bizarre reason some of our more sensitive fans took that as a threat in return, but those are the same sort of people who'd complain that an opposition player cups his ear to them, celebrating scoring a goal after they've been booing him all match.

The fans were acting like children, they got told they were acting like children and there could be consequences for acting like children. Their response was to act like children.

16 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

You know what might solve all this confusion about the exclusivity period? If Quantuma just issued a simple statement saying one way or the other.

What could they say that isn't already in the public domain? What would be the point?

It wouldn't easy anyone's concerns no matter what they said, whatever they said would be instantly picked at, dismissed, ridiculed.

People just see the words "Quantuma" and "Statement" and like little sleeper cells programmed by Gibson, Couhig, Parry & Ashley they activate to take up some sort of half-dead, dribbling zombie-like state where all they can repeat is the phrases "I hope they never work again" and "most incompetent administrators in the world"