The Administration Thread

Boycie

25 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Believe it when I see it, liquidation on the horizon, something something Mike Ashley…

Stop being negative

We are not going to be liquidation because kircher is going to get us.

Apparently my Grandad used to be quite close to Charlie Clowes back in the day. Shame he’s not around anymore to ask whether the stadiums in good hands, but I’m sure it is. Apparently amassed their fortune basically starting with selling farmland. Pretty impressive really. Wouldn’t be surprised if they took a stake in the club at some point, when it’s back on its feet.

2 hours ago, vonwright said:

I guess sooner or later a case like this is inevitable. There are many millions at stake and clubs are basically just flouting the rules.

Not sure how the authorities can prevent member clubs from suing each other - they can put it in their rules, but then those rules could be subject to legal challenge too.

In our case my main objection was that there was no talk about suing us until after we'd gone into administration, and even then it wasn't formal legal action but simply a claim that they were creditors who might take formal legal action if they didn't get satisfaction from the EFL. It was basically a way of holding a stricken club to ransom by preventing a quick sale. And the EFL went along with it.

It would be very hard to prove damages in a court case, of course, but it feels like we will end up with one at some point and if nothing else that might give clarity, and/or force proper restructuring, oversight and enforcement of the rules.  

Excellent points vonwright. But I don't actually think that it would be very hard for DCFC to mount an excellent case against the EFL if we had the wherewithal, the time and the capital to pursue a case against them now. However, hopefully CK will soon complete his takeover and then it will be a case of Rooney mustering all hands on deck in an effort to re-equip our ship with a sail-worthy crew and start us out on the journey back to the Championship as soon as possible. We need to put behind us the damage that the EFL has inflicted upon us in pursuance of the EFL v Morris over the last two years. Taking them on is only likely to delay us on reaching our destination. We cannot afford that in either time or money.

The sad thing about all of this is that the damage the EFL has been able to inflict upon DCFC via their vendetta against Morris cannot now be undone. But I hope that the other member clubs who have stood silently in the wings watching the EFL ensure our club's relegation have learned a salutary lesson from what has been done to DCFC and take collective steps to ensure that any other club can never be victimised in the same way in the future by the governing body.

I await major changes in the EFL rule book to ensure that no other club can be treated so unfairly in the future. The EFL had no respect whatsoever for the fact that ours was one of the 12 original clubs who brought this competition  into being in the first place. Middlesbrough, Wycombe and 80 other clubs who make up the PL and the EFL weren't around in 1888 but none of them has shown any respect for our history and the complete contribution we have made from the outset.

Hopefully, our nightmare will soon come to an end.

COYR

2 minutes ago, Brailsford Ram said:

Excellent points vonwright. But I don't actually think that it would be very hard for DCFC to mount an excellent case against the EFL if we had the wherewithal, the time and the capital to pursue a case against them now. However, hopefully CK will soon complete his takeover and then it will be a case of Rooney mustering all hands on deck in an effort to re-equip our ship with a sail-worthy crew and start us out on the journey back to the Championship as soon as possible. We need to put behind us the damage that the EFL has inflicted upon us in pursuance of the EFL v Morris over the last two years. Taking them on is only likely to delay us on reaching our destination. We cannot afford that in either time or money.

The sad thing about all of this is that the damage the EFL has been able to inflict upon DCFC via their vendetta against Morris cannot now be undone. But I hope that the other member clubs who have stood silently in the wings watching the EFL ensure our club's relegation have learned a salutary lesson from what has been done to DCFC and take collective steps to ensure that any other club can never be victimised in the same way in the future by the governing body.

I await major changes in the EFL rule book to ensure that no other club can be treated so unfairly in the future. The EFL had no respect whatsoever for the fact that ours was one of the 12 original clubs who brought this competition  into being in the first place. Middlesbrough, Wycombe and 80 other clubs who make up the PL and the EFL weren't around in 1888 but none of them has shown any respect for our history and the complete contribution we have made from the outset.

COYR

I hope so, I am relived that Mel will no longer be associated with the club simply because it means the EFL cannot get at Mel by punishing the club.....and its supporters. Football does need to reform its FFP, the EFLs approach of punishing a club after the event doesn't work.      

15 minutes ago, Brailsford Ram said:

COYR

Both excellent posts vonwright and Brailsford Ram and exactly my thoughts and opinion.

As you said, lets hope we soon wake up from this nightmare.  

Best Regards

Gangway D from the terrace 

8 hours ago, PistoldPete said:

EFL’s latest proposal gives a clue to the issue here. Q think they should be free to resolve things in accordance with insolvency law and to act in the interests of the creditors as a whole. EFL want to meddle in things which only  serves to make things worse for the creditors as a whole. 

EFL’s latest proposal doesn’t give us much of a clue because we don’t know what’s motivating it 

Q are of course free to resolve our administration in accordance with insolvency law. In fact they are obliged to and there’s nothing EFL can to about it. What the EFL told them that fateful Thursday was that Q’s exit plan would lead at the least to a points deduction. That’s nothing to do with insolvency law it’s to do with the EfL rules. 

4 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

The Athletic don’t usually make stuff up. There has to be something in it, even if it’s Clowes personally rather than his company.

I did wonder, could be that it is a personal investment rather than the company? Or perhaps the Athletic have ran the story without consent so they’re downplaying it? None of this is ever straightforward ?

Edited by Caerphilly Ram

5 hours ago, Premier ram said:

Yeah , and?

Los Angeles What GIF by LA Clippers

It’s Richard Spearman that gets me. Is he related to Spearchucker ? or was that the Archer side of the family?