The Administration Thread

Boycie

The contrast between the two options is huge.

Kirchner: We keep Rooney, we keep the majority of the squad, use Rooney's pulling power to sign decent additions, the feel good factor continues and we have a good chance of (eventual) promotion. Rooney gets a statue.

Ashley: Won't pay the creditors enough, we're docked 15 points, Rooney leaves, new manager comes in and somehow tries to recruit a whole squad for what will be a relegation battle and an inevitable descent to League Two. Club crumbles into the abyss.

It's hard to get behind the second scenario, but the opportunity to have a preference is fading fast. We need to forget what we want and concentrate on getting what we desperately need i.e. anyone to save us. Grim, but here we are.

4 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

Sorry to really hammer this home, but...

Ignore any misgivings for MA as an owner for a moment.

The facts are:

The structure of CK's offer - albeit without the stadium - has been accepted by the admins, and the EFL, and would allow the club to exit administration without incurring the -15(+) points deduction.

With this, you could reasonably say that the CK offer would be the baseline, the cheapest it gets. He's hardly going to pay more than is necessary.

We know that the price for the stadium, unless Mel moves, which seems very unlikely, is £22m.

Given what we know about how MA operates - swoop in at the last possible moment for the cheapest possible price - the thing that puzzles me the most, and thus worries me the most, with MAs 'offer', is he likely to match CK + £22m?

I would say not. So what will budge? 

If CK walks as he's unwilling/unable to meet the full price including the stadium, then all bets are off for the non-stadium element and MA can offer whatever he wants as the only bidder at the table.....

5 minutes ago, Gaspode said:

If CK walks as he's unwilling/unable to meet the full price including the stadium, then all bets are off for the non-stadium element and MA can offer whatever he wants as the only bidder at the table.....

Yes he can - but that means there's a compromise. Which, unless I'm missing something, or there is some very fancy footwork to be done, would mean we're hit with the deductions.

4 minutes ago, Barney1991 said:

Mike Ashley is going to Mel Morris for the stadium first but his offer for club and admins is below Kircheners atm from Nixon 

Yeah, so as @i-Ram suggested, it may result in the club being liquidated but Ashley would have a stadium ready for the Phoenix club.

Best case under Ashley would be avoid liquidation and settle for the 15 point deduction. (Forget losing Rooney and the academy)

So who does Mel make a deal with??

• Putting himself first then he will accept Ashley's offer
  • Being a "Derby fan", he will facilitate Kirchner taking over the club with some arrangement on the ground
Edited by IslandExile

4 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

Yes he can - but that means there's a compromise. Which, unless I'm missing something, or there is some very fancy footwork to be done, would mean we're hit with the deductions.

I think MA would be in it for the long haul (10 years+) if he was to get the club - short-term pain could therefore be acceptable to him.....

4 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

Yeah, so as @i-Ram suggested, it may result in the club being liquidated but Ashley would have a stadium ready for the Phoenix club.

Best case under Ashley would be avoid liquidation and settle for the 15 point deduction. (Forget losing Rooney and the academy)

• Being a "Derby fan", he will facilitate Kirchner taking over the club with some arrangement on the ground

I think we all know the answer to that. One big final **** You to Derby fans by doing some snide deal outside of the admin process to disrupt the process and get what he wants.

Probably even accept a lower offer from Ashley for the stadium than he's already rejected from others just to facilitate his being a ****.

...but what's happened to the 'local businessman' touted yesterday? Or was Ashley being described as a local businessman due to his links to Shirebrook?

Edited by Coconut's Beard

4 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

......So who does Mel make a deal with??

Given the report of a impasse yesterday, you'd guess the former is winning at present.....

Masses of posts and still none of us has any idea what is what. Sounds like just another day at DCFC ...

In all seriousness, what are the deadlines that we are working to now then ? I think I am right in saying that the club is not being funded so does someone (Q?) now liquidate DCFC, potentially with immediate effect ? Or do they have some discretion as long as something is seemingly happening in the background that might mean that they still get a settlement that they are happy with ?

Are we simply waiting to see if rumoured the local business person can pull something together for the ground sharpish or Q will lead poor old DCFC round the back of the barn and give it both barrels ? Waiting for the Ashley offer ? Q don't seem to have been keen to talk to him so far so perhaps that would give an indication of how desperate they are.

5 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

Hmmm I wonder. Pretty much exactly what I said yesterday. Mel doesn’t want CK to take over because Ashley will give him personally more money, even if it shafts everyone else. Scum.

24 minutes ago, Coconut's Beard said:

It's felt like a slow, drawn-out death for the past couple of years.

Ashley could 'save' us but it would only lead to an extension of that feeling. We'd be 'secure' but kept under lock and chain, miserable, depleted, feeding off scraps, begging for him to sell up to someone who'll treat us better.

All extraneous spending cut, Academy status down to Category 3, no Rams TV, stadium falling to bits, training facilities down to the most basic of standards...

It'd just be replacing one hell with another.

Think this might be an exaggeration based on the incessant moaning of Newcastle’s overly sensitive and entitled fans. I think I could’ve coped with Newcastle’s position under Ashley - if not in the Premier League then challenging for promotion in the Championship. Perhaps not Man City levels of investment, but not at all bad. There were certainly some pretty big signings in that time; people like Rafa as manager etc. He could’ve invested more but he kept them sustainable. Also, if he weee to sell us in the same way in a few years, then where’s the harm?

Stories of a lack of investment in infrastructure are worrying but he may change his approach with a different club, particularly one where the vale of the academy has been proven over the last two seasons alone. 

Either way, at this stage, can we really be too precious about whoever takes over? 

5 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

I've not really seen anyone mention this yet but what the bloody hell have the administrators been doing throughout this process?

There seems to have been 2 major issues throughout this process and they seem to have ignored both of them.

Why on earth would you identify someone as the preferred bidder without having an agreement for the most important part of the transaction?

From the outside they've only really done one thing at any great speed during the whole process, and that was letting the EFL bend us over.

Hideki Matsuyama Golf GIF
Happy Hour Drinking GIF

Think MA will end up buying DC.

Will want 100% control so buys club and stadium. Training ground continues to be leased.

Will prob pay enough to avoid points deduction. Not sure about continuing EFL special financial measures over us.

Will want to grow DC and its value with a view to selling on in 5-10 years.