The Administration Thread

Boycie

Actions will speak louder then words.

a lot of noise by CK I just hope there is genuine substance.

Being totally honest i have 2 concerns:

-Does he actually have the wealth required?
- What’s with the lack of professionalism by constantly engaging with everyone on twitter.  

I sound like one chop here! Truth is I am just desperate for CK to deliver on his words. 

3 minutes ago, The_Sheriff said:

- What’s with the lack of professionalism by constantly engaging with everyone on twitter.  

Is that necessarily a lack of professionalism though? Isn't 'engagement' one of the things people have been crying out for?

If it's done right, no problem with using Twitter to comms stuff out.

1 minute ago, The_Sheriff said:

I sound like one chop here! Truth is I am just desperate for CK to deliver on his words. 

It's not everyone's cup of tea, of course, but engaging with fans on Twitter doesn't increase or reduce his professionalism. He's a tech guy and Twitter is substantial to a number of hugely successful people who work within that industry. 

The wealth is the only real concern, but ultimately he says he's got the money, the administrators have seen proof of his money, he's working with two extremely significant people in the UK who wouldn't entertain him if he didn't have money. I'm confident he does have liquidity to his name to at least appease this process. 

If we can start next season with no point deduction that would be huge for me, in particular. I was already committed to getting a season ticket, but it's a no brainer if we have no point deduction. 

3 minutes ago, The_Sheriff said:

I think as he is a 34 year old - engaging via Twitter is probably something we will start to see from business owners of coming generations. Tech is just what we and the generations to come are now used to.

I see to an extent why people feel communicating over Twitter is odd and not ‘professional’ but it’s clear he wants to control the information being put out and has witnessed throughout his bid to buy a club in England how the narrative is spun if those actually involved don’t speak out. Since he’s been active since Friday on Twitter it’s been almost impossible for journalists to make up stories for the sun and the daily Mail. 

1 minute ago, IncredibleKoosh said:

Is that necessarily a lack of professionalism though? Isn't 'engagement' one of the things people have been crying out for?

He's said anything out of order in his replys to fan questions so far. Nor has he taken any daft positions.

I imagine when it gets down to the serious final negotiation he'll be quite until it's done.

In effect he's done this instead of statements or going on radio derby or east Midlands today.

9 minutes ago, Ewe Ram said:

And didn’t Nicko get mardy about that. Can’t blame him mind you, he puts his updates behind a paywall and someone screen shots it and puts it on Twitter ?

Oh I haven’t seen the fallout!

Patreon is a great service for small independent artists, podcast types, journalists that are looking for a bit of a supplement to their income or if you have roughly 5,000-10,000 supporters who are willing to bung you a few quid a month. It gives people without a stable monthly income at least a guarantee each month.

It will not work if you are one of the biggest football league journalists where your exclusive content needs to be spread around different fanbases

Out of interest, has he left The Sun to do this?

2 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

In a short period of time Kirchner has told us Rooney will be here next season. He has also confirmed that circa 40 players are needed and that initial investment is needed.

And now we are hearing the EFL are happy with his proposals and we could be starting next season without a points deduction.

Sounding good.

But but but…….he snubbed us for Preston and I feel all butt hurt and I want to be able to say I told you so if we’re not in the Champions league in three years and and and he’s American.

10 minutes ago, IncredibleKoosh said:

Exactly this. If it’s done right.

Just seems almost too open to everyone where he’s in danger of over promising. He’s even replied to wind up questions thinking they are genuine. Thing is he’s not even the owner yet!

Wasn’t a healthy move talking about the PNE deal either. 

3 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

can someone tell @angieram her Updates thread is broke? 

Mostyn, it's not my thread, it's @David's, but I do add to it when I'm around and there's actual news to report. As Nixon's stuff is now hidden behind a patreon (which I think is just a fancy name for a paywall) I am 'reluctant' ? to add it, for fear of getting our esteemed owner into trouble.

I would mention that others have no such scruples so the full tweets are plastered all over Twitter if you care to wander over there.

I have no such problems sharing Mr Kirchner's tweets, as he obviously wants to keep us all informed without charging us for the privilege and will post the news ones, but not the day to day  Q and As.

I hope this meets with your expectations; if not, please take up with aforementioned esteemed owner ( of the forum, not the football club! ?)

7 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

turn the concourses into snugs/lounges. Put some chesterfield leather sofas and chairs in. Put saloon doors on the toilets and stair exits, and introduce table service. Make it like a pub experience, with pub beer and pub food, then people will turn up at 1pm and spend their cash.

Darts and pool area?

7 minutes ago, angieram said:

Mostyn, it's not my thread, it's @David's, but I do add to it when I'm around and there's actual news to report. As Nixon's stuff is now hidden behind a patreon (which I think is just a fancy name for a paywall) I am 'reluctant' ? to add it, for fear of getting our esteemed owner into trouble.

I would mention that others have no such scruples so the full tweets are plastered all over Twitter if you care to wander over there.

I have no such problems sharing Mr Kirchner's tweets, as he obviously wants to keep us all informed without charging us for the privilege and will post the news ones, but not the day to day  Q and As.

I hope this meets with your expectations; if not, please take up with aforementioned esteemed owner ( of the forum, not the football club! ?)

I wouldn’t post any crap that knob Nixon puts up with his EFL grasses. Someone ought to fish out the leak.

Edited by Gritstone Ram
Wtf has happened to the swear filter I feel like I’ve been told off.

33 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

He's said anything out of order in his replys to fan questions so far. Nor has he taken any daft positions.

I imagine when it gets down to the serious final negotiation he'll be quite until it's done.

In effect he's done this instead of statements or going on radio derby or east Midlands today.

He is under a NDA do with Twitter he can chose what he answers and what he does not without much comeback. Much harder to do with a spoken interview. Those will come at the end