The Administration Thread

Boycie

2 minutes ago, Simon Bradley said:

We have finally hopefully had some good news re pb and stil negativity yes he did tweets yrs ago and no not saying that's ok but I know I've wrote things on twitter and fb that  after reflection thought that was stupid no one is perfect  let's just enjoy fact looks like we are being saved there will be a derby county next season and we hopefully have a team 

But PNE thought they had a buyer too...

There's still a long way to go whoever leads.

4 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

So this is the best that he can or his spokesperson can do...there's no apology in the story.

"In a statement provided to BBC Radio Derby, a spokesperson for Kirchner is quoted as saying: "The tweets took place nearly 10 years ago... He was quoting song lyrics and movie quotes. It is not his personal opinion. He recognises that the tweets are not suitable content. Which is why they have been deleted."

7 minutes ago, Turk Thrust said:

I’m probably the most unwoke (is that even a word?) person on here. It’s not so much the content of people’s historic tweets, it’s the fact that they thought it OK to put them into the public domain. People change but it does show an underlying weakness in their character and personal values. Having said that, I just want an owner for the Rams. I’m not too bothered about their moral code.

Welcome to the 21st Century. Life is lived through social media. I’m guilty myself of doing it. I’m not proud, I’ve grown up a lot since then. 

This is the problem with the snowflake generation we now live in. People getting offended on other peoples behalf. It’s a sad state of affairs. 

16 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

I wasn't a fan of Morris inviting the Tories into Pride Park fwiw.

The point about Kirchner as opposed to others is to use a handy meme he comes across as an Alonso!

Have you met either, or just going on what you’ve gleaned from social media? I would suggest there’s not many stupid people that have amassed a fortune, earned that is and not through a bequest.

Re: the tweets I’ll just add one thing.

Pretty sure I’ve mentioned before that I’ve worked with LGBT community orchestrating events at a venue in the city I live. Whilst I’m not part of the community, and I can’t speak for them, I’ve had quite a few experiences and can take a guess. If there’s one thing that will annoy people who are LGBT as much as the tweets themselves, is that football fans are dragging their community into something using 10 year old tweets from someone they will not care about. I loathe to say it’s the idea of virtue signalling, but this is of no benefit to that community it’s just showing them potentially upsetting material to ‘one up’ against another football team. It’s using them essentially, when people within that community just want to live a normal hassle free life. 

Im uncomfortable with the tweets, Im uncomfortable with some stuff he’s been tweeting recently too to be honest. But it can be dealt with by being sincerely apologetic so he can draw a line under it. 

Edited by TuffLuff

2 minutes ago, David Graham Brown said:

Have you met either, or just going on what you’ve gleaned from social media? I would suggest there’s not many stupid people that have amassed a fortune, earned that is and not through a bequest.

Is Morris a good owner because he has amassed a fortune?

7 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

So this is the best that he can or his spokesperson can do...there's no apology in the story.

"In a statement provided to BBC Radio Derby, a spokesperson for Kirchner is quoted as saying: "The tweets took place nearly 10 years ago... He was quoting song lyrics and movie quotes. It is not his personal opinion. He recognises that the tweets are not suitable content. Which is why they have been deleted."

Jesus wept. 

why have you put him in a firing line? Why should he apologise for your faux outrage? Get a grip. 

go and make sure your caucasian grandkids aren’t singing along to gangster rap or grime music as there’s a load of N this and B that. 

you’ll have to get the birch strap out!