The Administration Thread

Boycie

12 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

I do not get all the love for Ashley.

He's hardly caring about the club, waiting until the last minute to get it as cheap as possible.

Sorry, what's the attraction of that to people? I'm missing it.

Isn't that what Kirchner is doing now? You know -15 points are calling.

The 'love' for Ashley is probably to do with the fact he's been here, done it and not gone into admin but sold up!

1 minute ago, LazloW said:

Doubtful. Mike Ashley doesn’t need to partner with anybody and Clooney was a bit of nonsense paper talk. 

What I mean kircher and ashley could be his backer and two work togather get this over the line.

Or even perhaps mel offered to pay the debts off if he proves that he can over time get this great club back were we belong. But hopeful now our long term future is sealed.

10 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

I do not get all the love for Ashley.

He's hardly caring about the club, waiting until the last minute to get it as cheap as possible.

Sorry, what's the attraction of that to people? I'm missing it.

You could say the same of CK, An American who has no affinity to DCFC, Was/is prone to post crass messages on social media, Occasionally spits his dummy out, Criticize DCFC when he was left out of the loop for 2 months last year, I've no evidence only his comments this last few months, A lot of noise but no substance, Only time will tell i guess.

Since Lionel Pickering, we've had the lot.

We had a seemingly perfect owner, in MM throwing money around and putting some winning teams out. Turned out to be a nightmare.

We had a group of wealthy local fans. Least said about that the better.

We had a consortium of wealthy foreigners backing a group of talented sports adminstrators with stability the watchword. Got nowhere.

We had a no-marks chancer and his buddies who ended up behind bars.

We welcomed them all with optimism. We'll do the same with CK or whoever. We know better than anyone that we're drowning and need anyone to throw us a lifeline.

Kirchner said some offensive things on twitter in his youth? Couldn't give less of a monkeys, I'm not a choosing beggar. I see your non-PC comments and raise you allegations of extortion, arson, drug running, match fixing and brutality down the road, Man U purchased with their own future revenue (never could get my head around that), the shenanigans at leeds over the years from Peter 'fit and proper person' Ridsdale through Ken Bates, the mockery of a sham of the spirit of the game at Watford/Udinese and the least said about the owners of Newcastle and Man City the better. Kirchner might have made homophobic comments, those regimes take an altogether more blood-thirsty approach to the topic.

For what it's worth, I don't think this is over by a long chalk, but CK gets my approval if he does take over and we'll see where we go.

4 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

You could say the same of CK, An American who has no affinity to DCFC, Was/is prone to post crass messages on social media, Occasionally spits his dummy out, Criticize DCFC when he was left out of the loop for 2 months last year, I've no evidence only his comments this last few months, A lot of noise but no substance, Only time will tell i guess.

You forgot to mention CK's abiding love for PNE! ?

Nobody can give an honest opinion on Kirchner and how he will do at Derby.

If he does take ownership of DCFC, at least give him your backing to see how he gets on and what his plans are. 

Don't ever forget what the support achieved whilst we have been in the poo. Stick together and back to the hilt, great things can happen. 

17 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

What I mean kircher and ashley could be his backer and two work togather get this over the line.

Or even perhaps mel offered to pay the debts off if he proves that he can over time get this great club back were we belong. But hopeful now our long term future is sealed.

Don’t think so B4…

1 hour ago, RamBeauIV said:

We can't afford his wages.  Whatever money he's on next season will be beyond our scope (or EFL budget restrictions).

And will likely be followed out of the door by 2 or 3 of Knight, Bird, Sibley, Buchanan and Thompson in order to raise funds to sign 20 new players.

10 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

You forgot to mention CK's abiding love for PNE! ?

I didn't I just didn't post what I put, So I'll post it.

CK offers to buy PNE, Does his due diligence and offers less money, The owners tell him to go 4th and multiply, Then within days becomes DCFCs PB, It's like watching Paul Daniels produce a rabbit out of the hat, Q have a lot to answer for, Not good enough last year but good enough today...if stories of his announcement are correct.  

18 minutes ago, Needlesh said:

Since Lionel Pickering, we've had the lot.

We had a seemingly perfect owner, in MM throwing money around and putting some winning teams out. Turned out to be a nightmare.

We had a group of wealthy local fans. Least said about that the better.

We had a consortium of wealthy foreigners backing a group of talented sports adminstrators with stability the watchword. Got nowhere.

We had a no-marks chancer and his buddies who ended up behind bars.

We welcomed them all with optimism. We'll do the same with CK or whoever. We know better than anyone that we're drowning and need anyone to throw us a lifeline.

Kirchner said some offensive things on twitter in his youth? Couldn't give less of a monkeys, I'm not a choosing beggar. I see your non-PC comments and raise you allegations of extortion, arson, drug running, match fixing and brutality down the road, Man U purchased with their own future revenue (never could get my head around that), the shenanigans at leeds over the years from Peter 'fit and proper person' Ridsdale through Ken Bates, the mockery of a sham of the spirit of the game at Watford/Udinese and the least said about the owners of Newcastle and Man City the better. Kirchner might have made homophobic comments, those regimes take an altogether more blood-thirsty approach to the topic.

For what it's worth, I don't think this is over by a long chalk, but CK gets my approval if he does take over and we'll see where we go.

Never understood why the American owners got so much flak, stability was what was needed after our premier league 'adventure' and we did get to the play-off final with some of the best football I've seen us play, before they sold up to MM. What I'd give for that sort of ownership at the moment!

Edited by Wistaston Ram

I feel underwhelmed but I don't know why - after two years of this horrendous limbo and sanctions and edging ever closer to oblivion we have someone who appears to want to, and be able to, rescue us. Logic suggests we should be shouting from the rooftops.

Yet I feel underwhelmed. Maybe it's just battle-weariness.

1 minute ago, Unlucky Alf said:

I didn't I just didn't post what I put, So I'll post it.

CK offers to buy PNE, Does his due diligence and offers less money, The owners tell him to go 4th and multiply, Then within days becomes DCFCs PB, It's like watching Paul Daniels produce a rabbit out of the hat, Q have a lot to answer for, Not good enough last year but good enough today...if stories of his announcement are correct.  

Is that what happened? Or did he just not put a bid in for PNE once it became apparent we still needed abuyer

His was bid was for over two years - maybe he’s been convinced to alter the structure of his bid?