The Administration Thread

Boycie

1 hour ago, Eatonram said:

The Club leaving Pride Park would be a mistake we would rue for the next 20 years.

I have no problem it being leased/rented. Owning the stadium is fairly secondary IMO opinion as long as it is our "home" and we have legal protections over being always able to play the

A phoenix club playing in the conference north would massively reduce the attendances.

Home games with a couple of thousand in a 30,000 stadium would do more to kill off any interest than leaving PPS would IMO.

45 minutes ago, enachops said:

I find it very odd anyone saying they would prefer liquidation and going bust over a takeover. We’re an absolute state, so fair play to anyone wanting to take this mess over. We have pretty much zero assets so if it’s Ashley, brilliant. The club is bigger than any individual. 

Imagine you have just been unceremoniously dumped. You go out, its a rubbish night and you are stood on your own waiting for a taxi. You're cold, your shoes are tight,  it's wet....home is 7 or 8 miles away...and tgen you realise you have lost your wallet and you have no charge on your phone.

As you contemplate the long walk home. A big sport car pulls up and it's your ex, with some absolute tool. She nudges him and he grudgingly offers you a lift home.

Do you say 'thanks' and jump in and suffer the awkwardness, shame and ignominy....or say 'I'm good thanks' and set off on the long walk home? 

Pride is a very strange thing. Cutting off your nose to spit your face is something we often do because some things we just can't swallow.

Personally I wouldn't accept the lift, but I would welcome Mike with open arms though, but just saying!

1 hour ago, jono said:

For certain it’s HMRC and MSD.

HMRC will have rules but they are pragmatic they want an offer that beats liquidation without a doubt.

I think MSD are the bigger part. I can’t help feeling it has to be the complexity of the stadium debt. They don’t want to call in the loan because then the stadium or the land it stands on will have to be sold (Unless Mel has 20 million in cash hanging around) so it’s going to be very protracted. Thing is .. of the loan is Derby but secured on PPS via Mel .. The interest isn’t going to get paid if we go down in flames. Hey, like everyone else I am guessing. I can’t help feeling HMRC is an open book .. either they get their due share of the purchase price or they don’t. A winding up order won’t help them while prospective purchasers are still around. Without them they get sweet fanny adams. MSD’s situation is different 

Still think HMRC want to send a shockwave around Football. 

The rules were changed to enable them to do so and I reckon they will be pushing for much more than 25%.

24 minutes ago, curb said:

A phoenix club playing in the conference north would massively reduce the attendances.

Home games with a couple of thousand in a 30,000 stadium would do more to kill off any interest than leaving PPS would IMO.

It would be a big reduction but, I’d like to think we’d get more than just a couple of thousand. (Macclesfield get 2-3000 in the North West Counties league). Provided it was affordable, it would be worth putting up with. Personally, I think a Phoenix club playing outside of Derby would see a much bigger drop in attendances than one remaining at what is now “our ground”. Staying at PP maintains that link with the old club IMO. 

If a Derby county team were able to stay at PP, I’d definitely still turn up and renew my season ticket. I’m not sure if I would if the Phoenix club played at some of the grounds mentioned (Stoke, Port Vale, Leicester, Notts County or Chesterfield. I probably would if they played at Burton but, only to my shame, because it would be convenient). I suspect I may not be alone.

13 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

Imagine you have just been unceremoniously dumped. You go out, its a rubbish night and you are stood on your own waiting for a taxi. You're cold, your shoes are tight,  it's wet....home is 7 or 8 miles away...and tgen you realise you have lost your wallet and you have no charge on your phone.

As you contemplate the long walk home. A big sport car pulls up and it's your ex, with some absolute tool. She nudges him and he grudgingly offers you a lift home.

Do you say 'thanks' and jump in and suffer the awkwardness, shame and ignominy....or say 'I'm good thanks' and set off on the long walk home? 

Pride is a very strange thing. Cutting off your nose to spit your face is something we often do because some things we just can't swallow.

Personally I wouldn't accept the lift, but I would welcome Mike with open arms though, but just saying!

I’d have a cheeky slash in his backseat!

52 minutes ago, enachops said:

With the state the club is in, Ashley would be the best we could get. Compare him to the fake sheikh or Alonso. At least we know he has money and experience. It could be a lot lot worse. Yes he could have bought us 6 months ago with his wealth, but he’s a businessman who is an expert in this field. I trust he knows what he’s doing. Frustrating for us, but I’d rather Ashley than an unknown who may not have a pot to pee in.

I mean yes compared to two charlatans with no money Ashley is better because he does at least have money. I trust he knows what he's doing for him but not what's best for the club. Just like the man who has abandoned us. It's not just me who has lost faith and trust in the process, I'm just ducking done at this point tbh. 

20 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

I like the analogy.

Is Mel our ex?

Hoskins is the absolute tool with him?

Mike Ashley I’d interested in buying the sports car for a knockdown price? But hasn’t spoken to anyone about it.

Steve Gibson is also an absolute tool, who is just an absolute tool who nicked our wallet in the pub