The Administration Thread

Boycie

8 hours ago, Big Trav said:

One of the only ways the footballing world will take notice is if on sky cameras all 20k storm the pitch and the game gets called off. It’ll hurt skys pockets and people will take notice 

I agree we have to be more proactive now, ultimately I don't think it will help save us but I am ducking fed up  yes MM is to blame but the EFL have royaly turned up heat on us  and as I said a few weeks ago we are the sacrificial club they will beat the others with.The EFL don't give a damm if we go under as a club all they will say is we tried our best to help.  So I say let's duck the league up and see how many teams scream for clubs that beat us to have the points removed and vice versa the teams that beat us screaming don't do it with a bunch of high paid lawyers in the background  lol ? 

7 minutes ago, atherstoneram said:

It is not up to the EFL where we start next season,if we are put into liquidation then we are expelled from the EFL. The phoenix company then has to submit an application to the FA to enter a league,the FA then decides,if the application is successful and meets all requirements which league the club joins. None league (National league) football from the Conference down is governed by the FA not the EFL.

The process seems to be a bit of a mystery but, hasn’t it been suggested that the EFL clubs (and therefore the EFL in effective) have to vote in favour if the proposal was for a Phoenix club to join in League 2? (Seems like a very optimistic proposition).

I think everyone has to accept that liquidation is now an almost certainty. Lot's of posters have said it in recent day's and bizarrely haven't been given any stick for stating it, that vitriol has been reserved for a miserable sod like me.

For what it's worth has no-one stopped to consider that Mel is ill and is practically skint in terms of liquid cash, I very much doubt he could gift the stadium back to the club even if he wanted to.

2 minutes ago, RipleyRich said:

He is. With a Stadium and a Squad.

Yes just comparing and contrasting why then someone would bid the same amount for our club to inherit the debts which Morris racked up and also for a wafer thin group of players and no ground. 

2 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Yes just comparing and contrasting why then someone would bid the same amount for our club to inherit the debts which Morris racked up and also for a wafer thin group of players and no ground. 

FWIW our attendances are bigger so far  and our fan base might be larger?

Edited by StrawHillRam

I don’t know about anyone else but honestly I’m spent.

I am just going to enjoy the remaining games of the season, go to PP as much as possible, and focus on the football.

Our club’s future is in the hands of people with no real interest in whether the club survives or indeed thrives, so there is little point investing in the stalemate in the boardroom.

All this line dancing proves it’s not about saving Derby County, saving people’s livelihoods and reinvigorating the community, but businessmen simply trying to look like the best, shrewdest businessman in the room. How can they not read the room?

I can’t help but have misgivings about any potential ownership group moving forward. I understand that £50+ million is a lot to spend in the current circumstances, but the club’s potential to bounce back is only diminishing the more this drags on.

2 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

Regardless Of who is to blame and how much , clearly both Morris and the Efl have ducked up big time. 

yet either or both could help us even now. 

Morris  if he has the money has to help us out. And the Efl absolutely can remove any threats of further penalties if those threats are putting off buyers. Otherwise the penalties will only damage the creditors and are counter productive. 

If the bidders are not willing to meet the requirements of paying creditors 25 pence in the £ then the EFL can and will impose further sanctions, that is the precise reason the rules are there,to stop clubs offering less and carrying on without the worry of further penalties otherwise you could have bidders offering just 2 pence in the £ to creditors and nobody could do anything about it.That would cause further damage to the creditors.

Isn’t it time for the bidders to go public, states what the blockers are. So far it’s all conjecture and rumours and it’s not doing anyone any good. 
I know a lot will reply, “but they can’t it’s confidential and will effect the process” however I feel it’s long past that now. It time to put the cards on the table for everyone to know the situation and what the issues are. 

1 minute ago, Jourdan said:

I don’t know about anyone else but honestly I’m spent.

I am just going to enjoy the remaining games of the season, go to PP as much as possible, and focus on the football.

Our club’s future is in the hands of people with no real interest in whether the club survives or indeed thrives, so there is little point investing in the stalemate in the boardroom.

All this line dancing proves it’s not about saving Derby County, saving people’s livelihoods and reinvigorating the community, but businessmen simply trying to look like the best, shrewdest businessman in the room. How can they not read the room?

I can’t help but have misgivings about any potential ownership group moving forward. I understand that £50+ million is a lot to spend in the current circumstances, but the club’s potential to bounce back is only diminishing the more this drags on.

I will accept any decision now - good bad or ugly

4 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

But Kircner will inherit their debt whereas ours would be cleared. Frankly the squad is irrelevant as we would not pay fees for new players and it gives us a chance to sign players on sustainable contracts. Derby in the long term are a far more attractive proposition than PNE at 40m

11 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

The process seems to be a bit of a mystery but, hasn’t it been suggested that the EFL clubs (and therefore the EFL in effective) have to vote in favour if the proposal was for a Phoenix club to join in League 2? (Seems like a very optimistic proposition).

Not suggested by the EFL but by a so called journalist,the rules on liquidation are quite clear in the EFL rules.

1 minute ago, Eatonram said:

But Kircner will inherit their debt whereas ours would be cleared. Frankly the squad is irrelevant as we would not pay fees for new players and it gives us a chance to sign players on sustainable contracts. Derby in the long term are a far more attractive proposition than PNE at 40m

Not to buyers it seems.

2 minutes ago, Eatonram said:

Your thoughts don't stack up in real life unfortunately otherwise we'd been acquired long before this.

Obviously investors who are going to put their money where their mouth is don't share your views. 

20 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

Binnies offered £30 million for the stadium and the club. A stadium that normally has twice the Preston gate. 

I don’t think Preston squad is worth more than ours tbh. Even if we only had five players. 

Not sure how you work that out TBH.

I know it`s worth nothing in reality, but Transfermarket.co.uk lists their squad value at £31.34m

16 minutes ago, atherstoneram said:

Not suggested by the EFL but by a so called journalist,the rules on liquidation are quite clear in the EFL rules.

The rules are clear but, as you would expect with the EFL rules, there is provision for the Board to approve the application of a new member should the circumstances mean that the standard provisions do not address the issue. Of course, such special arrangements could lead to legal challenges from other clubs, so it wouldn't be straightforward. 

But what's the alternative? Which league below EFL level could cope with a DCFC phoenix? FC United cause enough problems for teams at their level, and their away following is around 500. Would a DCFC phoenix be prohibited simply because the leagues that they could apply for can't in practice accept them and the one that could handle them won't consider the obvious solution? Could the National League cope? 

It's been reported that the EFL has been mulling over this potential issue. They'd be irresponsible if they hadn't. 

59 minutes ago, StrawHillRam said:

Q must not be in a position to  choose between one or other of the bids that give the best return for creditors or liquidate us  if neither of the bids aren’t enough enough to satisfy creditors.

Can’t be that hard.

It is the law.  They have to do exactly that.  

24 minutes ago, Eatonram said:

Debts are no problem if they are sustainable, and fit within a business plan that is sustainable.

Preston have assets, stadium, squad etc. They are comfortably safe in L1 (with a very, very outside chance of the play offs), security of Championship status next season with TV revenue, attendances etc.

Whereas Derby...........

All probability of L1 with -15points, no squad, no real assets. What is the long term?

Taking 15 points and restrictions on investment for at least 2 years could well mean L2 in in 14 months time. I don`t see an attractive proposition in the short to medium term. As for long term? Look how long even Big, well supported clubs can linger in the lower divisions.

Sunderland, Leeds, Ipswich, Portsmouth. Even Forest took 3 years to escape L1 with possibly the biggest budget in the division.

It`s a massive gamble for any buyer at £30m, let alone the £50m required to get hold of the stadium that is vital for generating revenue to support the Clubs financial existence.

The reality is MM has dug a hole so deep that only a Billionaire who genuinely loves the club, is going to pay the amount required to buy the club as it stands today. Something has got give to move it on.

51 minutes ago, one_chop said:

I think everyone has to accept that liquidation is now an almost certainty. Lot's of posters have said it in recent day's and bizarrely haven't been given any stick for stating it, that vitriol has been reserved for a miserable sod like me.

For what it's worth has no-one stopped to consider that Mel is ill and is practically skint in terms of liquid cash, I very much doubt he could gift the stadium back to the club even if he wanted to.

Hi Mel. ?