The Administration Thread

Boycie

47 minutes ago, Warwick Ram said:

Someone once told me on here that Mel was not an asset stripper. Well he clearly is / was. He has stripped us of of biggest asset, the stadium, and appears to now be holding us / new owners to random to clear his debts.

I look forward to the wake in the summer when the club is liquidated. Can Mel be the guess speaker

Nice to know you’re looking forward to it.

1 hour ago, rsmini said:

Yes it was a very interesting listen. He suggested the administrators should take whatever comes in to get the issue resolved. Hinting that the Binnie offer shouldn’t have been turned down 

He did hint at that, but bearing in mind the stadium value it was probably unworkable.  Interesting that he also said ignore comments by rejected bidders as it’s sour grapes.  Did say that the only mistake Quantuma made was not insisting PP was put in admin too as it would be so much easier.  But that would rely on MM agreeing / doing that.

Edited by FlyBritishMidland

3 hours ago, TheresOnlyWanChope said:

Morris has to be realistic. Regardless of the stadium’s value, he has put the club in administration and the club has accumulated massive debt Under his tenure. It will probably get to the stage where he has no choice but to take a bigger hit on the stadium value to save the club from liquidation. 

But, what value could he get from the Stadium and land by redevelopment should the club liquidate?

If that's £22m or more, I don't see him taking a loss in order for the club to survive. I'm not convinced he cares THAT much.

22 minutes ago, RipleyRich said:

But, what value could he get from the Stadium and land by redevelopment should the club liquidate?

If that's £22m or more, I don't see him taking a loss in order for the club to survive. I'm not convinced he cares THAT much.

why buy that brownfield site with all the demolition costs when you could buy another cleared site

Let’s face it, the only thing worth any value to a buyer is the stadium. It’s worth more than they’d pay. The training ground isn’t owned. The academy is just a cash sponge you need to pay around £7 mil a year to fund with very little return. The playing  squad is threadbare and will only become less of an asset after this season. Why anyone would want to spend £50 mil for it is beyond me. 

I just really hope someone does!

20 minutes ago, TheresOnlyWanChope said:

Has Morris got a £20 mil loan he has to pay off? I would say everything seems very worrying because while things may not move without Morris taking a cut, perhaps he can’t because he has the loan to pay off and is writing off other loans. In which case, nothing will be sorted unless a bidder offers more. 

It isn’t actually his loan it is Derby’s loan secured against PPS. Which limits what you can do with PPS. 

Why do so many posters on here never see the big positive of DCFC and that is our income potential of c£30m per annum? So many look at the costs as if they are not/cannot be offset. Outside the Prem we have one of the best income potentials. 

People say we will have the costs of assembling a new squad. True. But we will not be paying fees (I doubt). The future for most Clubs ATM will be frees and out of contracts on much lower wages than we have seen in the past. Even if in the Champ next year I would be amazed if the average player sal at DCFC is not below £10k.

We can be run in the foreseeable future, within our income or very close.

If the stadium issue is resolved to the satisfaction of a bidder, and IF we avoid the -15 points our future can be fairly positive even if we start the next chapter in L1

54 minutes ago, rammieib said:

Would you pay £50m for a business that is losing £5-10m a year?

It appears that people are queuing up to pay £3bn for Chelsea who lost £145M last year, in a year where they finished towards the top of the premier league and won the Champions League, there's not much more they can do to improve their turnover.

At least with Derby, there is plenty of scope for improving their profitability. If Derby could reduce their overheads to that of preston, then we would be well in profit if we maintained our current turnover.

54 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

If Derby County was a drawing man, Mel Morris is a life guard holding the life ring and a foot placed on the man's head.

In sorting the Boro issue out, the least he should do, he eased his foot off the man's head. The crowds of people clapped as this hero goes one step closer to saving the mans life.

Now all he needs to do is throw the life ring and stop the man from drowning.

But then again, why should he, weren't his fault he fell in was it ?

Typical Mel - brought a life ring when all he needed was a pencil and rubber

Blindingly obvious any buyer wants some equity if they are paying £30 million for 5 contracted players so the ground has to be balanced into that fee MM made this mess and only MM can sort it out - if he had not put us into Administration he probably could have sold the club with the stadium as a championship club to the likes of your Ashley or Appleby. MM mistakes put us in this position yet us supporters get to be the main ones suffering, sort it out MM or things start getting very difficult for you I suspect in so many ways that I don’t wish to even think about. 

16 minutes ago, Eatonram said:

Why do so many posters on here never see the big positive of DCFC and that is our income potential of c£30m per annum? So many look at the costs as if they are not/cannot be offset. Outside the Prem we have one of the best income potentials. 

People say we will have the costs of assembling a new squad. True. But we will not be paying fees (I doubt). The future for most Clubs ATM will be frees and out of contracts on much lower wages than we have seen in the past. Even if in the Champ next year I would be amazed if the average player sal at DCFC is not below £10k.

We can be run in the foreseeable future, within our income or very close.

If the stadium issue is resolved to the satisfaction of a bidder, and IF we avoid the -15 points our future can be fairly positive even if we start the next chapter in L1

Can’t be that positive as Morris has been continually trying to sell the club for a very long time with no movement. I think the debts are crippling. Maybe without that tax bill there would be a much bigger queue. Derby County is still a big name and can generate income but I think the stories of buyers being put off are all accurate. Hopefully a good resolution can be found - think it will involve Morris lowering demands.