The Administration Thread

Boycie

Just now, CBRammette said:

You would lose a lot of travelling fans

Probably. On the other hand, there are plenty of people that travel from all sorts of places anyway - from all over the county, for a start.

It might test the patience of some but being peripatetic for a period might be the price we have to pay to have a club to support.

2 hours ago, PistoldPete said:

Maybe. But I don't think what division we are in makes that much difference to the price, especially as we have been odds on for relegation all season. GoC has just estimated we might "only " need £37 million to avoid a points penalty so it would be shame for buyers to bring self inflicted pain by only offering £35m and getting another massive points deduction just for want of £2m. But we will see.   

400 k a win. The chancers left who may be interested and the snails pushing them along, I wouldn't be surprised.  

8 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

Probably. On the other hand, there are plenty of people that travel from all sorts of places anyway - from all over the county, for a start.

It might test the patience of some but being peripatetic for a period might be the price we have to pay to have a club to support.

Think you are probably realising yourself now that this isn’t a real option ?

Just now, Jimbo Ram said:

Think you are probably realising yourself now that this isn’t a real option ?

It may well not be. But the fact of the matter is that Derby County does not own the ground. This is a big negative but on the positive side, Derby County has no liability for the ground. The two entities are entirely separate, so the club is not tied to any aspect of the ground.

And I would absolutely love Morris to get shafted over it.

53 minutes ago, curb said:

Depends really, if we end up in the National League we’ll lose thousands of fans anyway.

What would be better, 8,000 at PPS with half the stadium closed or 5k at Burton standing on the terraces for a few seasons?

Average attendance at Wrexham in the National League is 8,255.

I know how big clubs are is very subjective but I don't think anyone would dispute that we are much bigger than Wrexham. So IF we were to find ourselves in the National League I'd expect attendances to be at least as big as Wrexham's. So I'd rather we played in front of a third full PP, with the opportunity sell more if we were doing well, rather than move home and be restricted to just 5k or so.

1 hour ago, Jimbo Ram said:

But even in League 2 we would get 15,000 plus, a non starter for me when we will need to be generating as much income as we can through ticket sales…

What about chesterfield holds 10,000

or other option is to sell off pride park build a new stadium I’d happily get a developer to undercut Mel demolish pride park and rebuild a new purpose built stadium with room that can hold gigs etc but say smaller initially then pride park like 22-25,000 but can be redeveloped to say 37-40,000 max 

Reading a lot on here about playing football at a different ground but in the Derby update thread from about 3 hours ago John Forkin states that the stadium is not the block, which is what the admins have also said. Team Derby have a meeting with the admins tomorrow so hopefully we might find out what the hold up is.

2 minutes ago, simmoram1995 said:

or other option is to sell off pride park build a new stadium I’d happily get a developer to undercut Mel demolish pride park and rebuild a new purpose built stadium with room that can hold gigs etc but say smaller initially then pride park like 22-25,000 but can be redeveloped to say 37-40,000 max 

How can we sell PPS, we don’t own it. Why would we want to knock it down ?

3 minutes ago, simmoram1995 said:

How could we sell off PP, we don't own it? Where would we get the money from to build a new stadium? To start with a smaller capacity and then extend the ground is only remotely realistic if/when we found ourselves as a regular in the Premier League. That ain't going to happen any time soon so, our ambition would be to get back the the championship as soon as possible where a capacity of 37-40,000 would be too big and 22-25,000 too small (hopefully).

I totally get everyone's anger with Mel but to look to move away from PP just to spite him feels a little short sighted to me and a case of cutting your nose off to spite your face.

Personally, whilst I accept it's always possible we have no alternative, I hate the prospect of ground sharing.