The Administration Thread

Boycie

9 minutes ago, Seth's left foot said:

Todays result coupled with Reading’s win seals our fate in my opinion, it’s been a valiant effort but there have been too many obstacles thrown at them.

I’m assuming our impending relegation has maybe made the prospective owners really tighten up their offers?

It's not relegation which worries me but how it looks like we are on the road to liquidation. Rejected bids, no developments and the same old washed up statements from the administrators.

Today was the day which finally broke me, looked to my right to see an empty directors box, 20000 plus die hard fans slowly having there hearts ripped out for they club which means so much and nobody in there who wants us or gives a poo. I agree with many others we are seeing the season out to appease the EFL to make life easier for them as unfortunately I fear the club we all love will be playing its last four games before its goodbye, really hope it isn't but today is the day reality hit home. 

20 minutes ago, Ram1988 said:

It's not relegation which worries me but how it looks like we are on the road to liquidation. Rejected bids, no developments and the same old washed up statements from the administrators.

I think most fans share that mentality, when we lost at the Red Dogs it didn’t seem to matter as much as usual because of the more important issues we face.

I believe we’ll survive but next season will be another struggle, we’ve lost too many players to be able to replace them all.

Ashley would’ve dropped out by now if the club was a lost cause.

10 minutes ago, Seth's left foot said:

I think most fans share that mentality, when we lost at the Red Dogs it didn’t seem to matter as much as usual because of the more important issues we face.

I believe we’ll survive but next season will be another struggle, we’ve lost too many players to be able to replace them all.

Ashley would’ve dropped out by now if the club was a lost cause.

I really hope so. Even league one with a points deduction so we have a club to support and follow at least.

4 minutes ago, Ram1988 said:

I really hope so. Even league one with a points deduction so we have a club to support and follow at least.

That’s what I think will happen. We’ve gone from ‘you’ll be surprised how quickly things will progress’ to radio silence, that doesn’t bode well for next season.

Imagine derby is liquidated, that's bad.

Yet it gives the opportunity to totally rebuild under a new name.

It gives the opportunity to buy a club in League Two and rebrand that club as say Derby AFC.

Still keeping a version of Derby as  a club.

It removes the hmrc debt, msd debt, arsenal debt etc

I'm not sure Derby if there would be the money to buy Chesterfield or Burton  and rebrand them.

That could leave a club like Mansfield vulnerable.

A mansfield rebrand wouldn't give Derby much, there grounds not great, there players are not great and how do you move the ground to Derby.

Recall Wimbledon afc plays in Milton Keynes a very long way from Wimbledon, that club was rebranded.

It might be an extreme solution.

It might appear strange to buy a club in League Two for about 10 million and rebrand, but I don't think there's anything in the rules that says that cant be done.

Under that scheme finding new owners seems more probable.

36 minutes ago, Oldben said:

It gives the opportunity to buy a club in League Two and rebrand that club as say Derby AFC.

I'm not sure Derby if there would be the money to buy Chesterfield or Burton  and rebrand them.

A mansfield rebrand wouldn't give Derby much, there grounds not great, there players are not great and how do you move the ground to Derby.

Recall Wimbledon afc plays in Milton Keynes a very long way from Wimbledon, that club was rebranded.

It might appear strange to buy a club in League Two for about 10 million and rebrand, but I don't think there's anything in the rules that says that cant be done.

I think there are rules now. 

And even if this was possible, I wouldn't support the destruction of either of these clubs for our fanbases benefit. Would be horrible. 

1 hour ago, Oldben said:

No disrespect, but this idea is absolutely crazy. It wouldn't be Derby and it would be a massive insult to those teams you mention.

7 hours ago, Sheff Ram said:

Why don't we all chip in and buy the club?

Say £40m/20,000 loyal fans

= £2,000

I'd find that money to save my beloved club.

If only it was that simple.

£40m might get the club out of Admin but with -15 points for next season, which makes L2 a real possibility in another seasons time. Quantuma say they want £50m. Then there is the immediate investment required to build a squad and get the club up and running again. I don`t know what that will cost, but say another £10M?

Then there is the running of the club. There will still be loans to service, and if the rumours are correct of MSD interest rates of up to 20%, then that could easily be £4m a year with reduced income from TV, Sponsorship and attendances.

After Saturdays results L1 is now almost a guarantee. Prospective buyers will be revisiting Business Plans and sharpening pencils.

Am I concerned..................too f********* right I am!

6 minutes ago, RipleyRich said:

If only it was that simple.

£40m might get the club out of Admin but with -15 points for next season, which makes L2 a real possibility in another seasons time. Quantuma say they want £50m. Then there is the immediate investment required to build a squad and get the club up and running again. I don`t know what that will cost, but say another £10M?

Then there is the running of the club. There will still be loans to service, and if the rumours are correct of MSD interest rates of up to 20%, then that could easily be £4m a year with reduced income from TV, Sponsorship and attendances.

After Saturdays results L1 is now almost a guarantee. Prospective buyers will be revisiting Business Plans and sharpening pencils.

Am I concerned..................too f********* right I am!

No buyer is going to invest £10 million on players it will be youth players coming through, freebies and out of contracts again. 

9 hours ago, SBW said:

What infuriates me is this admin, supported by fans ignoring the obvious impending relegation, refused to sell players who wont be here next season.

Costs could have been limited, meaning loans with expensive interest rates could have been limited and funds could have been brought into to support funding and reducing creditors costs, all in the name of some stupid idea of staying up.  What good has it done? None.

I was ridiculed when suggesting the Admin should sell anyone who's contract expires this summer, now what.  Players are and will leave anyway for nothing, and the club will still be League One.  Idiocy, head-in-sand ignorance, all in the name of 'fighting to the end'.

So fed up that the Admin seem to be no different from passionate fans who can't see beyond the end of their nose.  Mel Morris is blatantly still involved, already charging the club rent on the stadium he owns, refusing to take a loss on it.  He chose this Admin team and boy, does it show.

Joke. 

Most of what you have said there is untrue - your opinion maybe but just not factual 

8 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

No buyer is going to invest £10 million on players it will be youth players coming through, freebies and out of contracts again. 

It won`t all be on players, and it`s just a best guestimate. There will be fees to pay to clubs for players, agents fees (which as we know with whats standing on the books now, can be significant) signing on fees and numerous other costs to serve, including funding the running of the Club between May and August when there is no or little income!

The projected running costs are something like £1.25 to £1.75 per month. So take 3 months at an average of £1.5m and that`s £4.5m to find before next season starts or any players are signed ad contracts renewed.