The Administration Thread

Boycie

1 hour ago, RedSox said:

If true, this is an outrageous position to take when our very future hangs by a thread.  Surely, Nixon can't know the level of detail that has been disucssed and agreed.  And if he does, why would Q have possibly said the stadium element was 'not an issue'??

I'm pretty sure or stadium was valued at £80m a few years ago, and that, despite EFL's attempts, was deemed to be an accurate valuation. If Morris is asking for £20m now, then he only asking for 25p in the £, not "full whack". 

2 minutes ago, Crazy said:

I'm pretty sure or stadium was valued at £80m a few years ago, and that, despite EFL's attempts, was deemed to be an accurate valuation. If Morris is asking for £20m now, then he only asking for 25p in the £, not "full whack". 

Did Mel pay for the stadium, or get it free with the club?

6 minutes ago, atherstoneram said:

Does that mean MSD see no future for the club and are not willing to provide any more short term loans. As for DCC getting involved that's unlikely to happen,councils are cash strapped as it is and are already creditors.

Well apparently the council offered to buy the ground back from Mel and he refused.

I'm also fairly sure that if the future of Derby County rested on a few million quid DCC and Team Derby would rally round.

It would either be that or watch the local economy take a battering and lose millions a week.

3 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

Asking fans to be fans is something to hold against them? 

Not holding anything against them. None of us know what is fully involved but when we went into administration we should all be sticking together.

Perhaps the only criticism I have of the admins is the talk they gave in the executive boxes before a game. Why the exec boxes and not all fans? Why should they have been privy to that information before anybody else? 

So when people say they don't have to brief the fans every day of every week, yes that's true but surely something a little more consistent because without the fans extra commitment over the past few months we could have been liquidated. 

2 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Well apparently the council offered to buy the ground back from Mel and he refused.

I'm also fairly sure that if the future of Derby County rested on a few million quid DCC and Team Derby would rally round.

It would either be that or watch the local economy take a battering and lose millions a week.

How much did they offer i wonder but that is different as then it could be classed as a proper community asset.

Sorry but i wouldn't imagine funding the club is high up on the council priority list,just because the leader of the council is a fan and ST holder doesn't mean to say any suggestion of monetary help would be passed by the council.

1 minute ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Can you imagine the moaning if the Council used taxpayer’s money to buy the stadium or help a private business in any way (never mind any legal issues relating to ‘state aid’)?

The Derby populace go mental whenever the DT report that the Council have spent a few bob trying to make the City look a bit nicer; God knows what they’d say about millions on DCFC! This is assuming they have the money, which they don’t (again, imagine the furore if while they’re making people redundant they were spending cash on a football club). They might be able to spin it as an investment in the City’s economic well-being and a money earner through rent/interest, but I think it would go down like a lead balloon. 

No, I can’t see Team Derby and the Council being any more than a well intentioned talking shop.

30 minutes ago, Brailsford Ram said:

Who told you this or are you guessing?

There was speculation above from a couple of people that the cause of the delay was that Ashley (or whoever is the PB)  is trying to force MM to pay off some of the MSD debt. It’s the most credible theory that was posted yesterday I think. 

13 minutes ago, Steve How Hard? said:

The yellow version of that is quite nasty. I didn't know if I was gonna liver die when I got it. 

A lot of the people involved in this saga are like Charles Dickens characters. 

Wayne Rooney is like Pip from 'Great Expectations', Steve Mac - 'the Ghost of Christmas Past'.

'And for Derby County  - who did not go bust - old Ashley became a second father. Everyone marvelled in the Premier League that none celebrated the transfer window as well as old Ashley.

God Bless us everyone!

Can I Have Some More Oliver Twist GIF

33 minutes ago, Rambalin said:

Looking for the Admins you need to take a drive their offices are in Stapleford. 

I drive past this office on a regular basis

Never noticed it until all this happened and I assumed it wasn't linked, as it doesn't look very nice from the outside.

I was somehow expecting them to have plush offices and expensive cars outside, not be over the road from home bargains and a walk down from greggs