The Administration Thread

Boycie

Just now, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Can I ask when the bastion of football fairness will be taking action against Bournemouth for hammering FFP on their way up, taking 4 points off you.  Take them off Bournemouth and give them to you and your automatically promoted, no playoff lottery or anything.  I'll wait with interest.

bUt WhAt AboUt BoUrNeMoUtH

mockingspongebobbb.jpg

2 minutes ago, BoroWill said:

Good question, now that the "biggest stumbling block" has been out of the way for over a week I expect your takeover is imminent. Darn that Steve Gibson holding all of this up!

It did hold things up as nothing could be formally agreed with HMRC, MSD, etc... If you were willing to actually look into the matter, you'd understand that, and also understand what the timeline is going forward.

2 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

No answer then.  Just more vacuous self portraits of the family .  Ta Ta sweetie ?

You are asking a question you know that I can't answer.

Like me asking you why Mel Morris decided to use a different amortisation method to every other club in the country? You don't know, because you are not him.

39 minutes ago, David said:

I can't disagree with this statement as I can't prove otherwise, by the same token I'm not sure this is something you can prove either.

Having visited the Sheffield Wednesday forum there isn't a lot of love on there for Steve Gibson, I would image Liverpool fans would also not agree having been on the end of his legal action along with other clubs. There is also a small matter of the Man United fanbase that have been questioning the claims in their support for Wayne Rooney.

You can only base your views on what you see and hear, and right now Forest, Leeds and bizarrely Bristol City fans have been very vocal in their support of Steve Gibson, although this will be down to rivalry....except for Bristol City which is once again just bizarre.

I don't know the guy, won't claim to know his life story and the shenanigans he may have been in, but what he has done against this club is unforgivable. 

Make no mistake, he is not responsible for the position we are in, he has been responsible for prolonging the situation with his frivolous claims which let's be honest, the club were never the intended target in all this, it was Mel Morris.

Let's also not forget, nowhere would you find Boro fans complaining at the time in 18/19, Tony Pulis was the target of your frustrations and rightly so, only now that Gibson's claims became public are Boro fans out in force to support their owner, which is commendable. 

We have seen the benefits of a siege mentality ourselves recently, even clubs such as Leeds which we dislike with a passion, you have to applaud the way they defend their club and anyone connected.

End of the day, it's quite possible the club could have been sold long before we entered administration had we not had these claims over us, they have been the main stumbling block. That's 12 points back on the board, no Embargos and we could potentially be challenging the top 6 with you this season. 

I know Boro fans will argue justice has been served, especially if we go down, but relegation is not a punishment the EFL can just hand out.

If you want to hear tales of how great Steve is, what a gentleman and upstanding person in the community, you will not find that on here, so don't be shocked to read plenty of vitriol aimed towards Gibson and in our eyes it's fully deserved. Every single bit of it.

I thought we had already wiped this dog poo off our shoe

Just now, BoroWill said:

You are asking a question you know that I can't answer.

Like me asking you why Mel Morris decided to use a different amortisation method to every other club in the country? You don't know, because you are not him.

You do know the answer. 

He had a personal problem with Morris and not the Bournemouth owner. 

50 minutes ago, BoroWill said:

Unless you live under a rock whenever neutrals talk about our club they refer to him being a great owner and how you couldn't ask for better as a manager. I'm aware that as a Boro fan I'm more likely to hear and pick up on these things, but to deny it is just ignorance.

I guess you have never had any real dealings with Gibon. I come across him through work back in the 80s and he really was not a nice person to deal with. 

13 minutes ago, BoroWill said:

Hijacked the EFL board? ? You lot do make me laugh. Only a few posts ago the EFL were pissed off with Gibson, last night they were giving him a helping hand by allowing more Covid losses to be written off this season. Could you make your minds up?

Gary Neville's comments were salient and I agreed with them, your former owner came back and coughed up some of the money that he should still be responsible for, according to Gary Neville, so thankfully the stumbling block of our case has been removed.

Can you tell me how anyone knows what money has been paid if anything. Perhaps they realised if it went to court a lot of dirty washing could come out regarding both of them. As it is keeping it private saves both faces.

15 minutes ago, BoroWill said:

I don't expect any love from your fans for him, of course. I completely understand why you'd have a lot of anger to him.

The groups you mention disliking him have all come about from him pursuing their wrongdoings, or in the case of United, blind support for someone who used to play for them. Had you asked United, Derby or Sheff Wed fans in 2015 I doubt any would have ill feelings towards him, and I'd wager his name would come up quite a lot if asked about the best owners in football at that point. Certainly all the Liverpool fans I know have no recollection of the Ziege case and hold no ill will against Boro or Gibson, but I can't speak for all of them.

How could we complain about something that it is only possible to find out about, at least as a member of the public, retrospectively?

I don't think there is any form of siege mentality to be completely honest with you, the only people I have seen annoyed at us or Gibson personally is Derby fans and Derbyshire MP's.

Mel should've probably dealt with them then as he has now, if he wanted to sell the club. Given how frivolous and without precedent they supposedly were it should've been no more than a speed bump for you to negotiate when you weren't in administration.

I agree with you mostly, which is why I would question the universal love, I would imagine many football fans would have no opinion on him either way, opinions are formed through experiences.

He is not too dissimilar in Mel Morris, who was also a local owner, donated large sums of money to buy medical equipment for the NHS in Derby, bankrolled the club with an ambition to take us up, whilst the fairy tale ends there I think it's worth reminding people that Steve Gibson sold off Middlesbrough's tax losses, there would have been no need to do that had he not been pushing the club to the limit, likewise Mel Morris with the stadium sale.

Our "wrongdoings" was essentially the stadium valuation which was made independently, as Steve Gibson said that formed a significant part of his claim.

The charge against us on this was dismissed, the EFL chose not to appeal, you could argue it's defamation to label us as cheats when we have been cleared. If you was to go to court on a charge of murder, cleared, do you think it would be fair to continue to call you a murderer?

You also say there is no siege mentality, yet that was an impressive display of banners and Steve Gibson faces on lollipop sticks the other week, Derby can't even tweet now without a Boro fan posting photos that are completely irrelevant to the tweet. 

Just now, Kathcairns said:

Can you tell me how anyone knows what money has been paid if anything. Perhaps they realised if it went to court a lot of dirty washing could come out regarding both of them. As it is keeping it private saves both faces.

Perhaps they did that. I have reason to believe they didn't but I don't expect you to believe me.