The Administration Thread

Boycie

2 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

There was also:

Mechanical engineers make weapons, civil engineers make targets.

Bit concerned here. Brick counters getting off Scott free.

Quantity…a very large amount…..Surveyors….people that overlook…

Quantity Surveyors…..as above

5 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

The graduate scheme I’ve applied to is Life Insurance, as that’s what I’ve studied so far at Uni. Probably the most depressing of all?

I'm a lifer. 

If you're going into a direct insurance writer then there's opportunities to go into wider fields such as investing or risk management. 

Don't get stuck in a capital modelling function. It's useful grounding for a couple of years but you'll soon realise what a futile exercise all the number crunching is. 

Good luck. 

6 hours ago, CBRammette said:

Isnt that years and years of exams? Good luck with the interview. One of the partners where I worked years ago used to have a huge list of jokes comparing accountants to supermarket trolleys but luckily for the forum I was always too drunk when hearing them to remember them now

Can you not even remember a Lidl bit of the jokes he used to tell? I'm actuary very disappointed in you. 

11 hours ago, kevinhectoring said:

The utmost good faith requirement in 4.4 is very limited. It only requires utmost good faith re FFP matters. So blackmailing another club would not be caught!  Anyway I think it would take extraordinary circumstances for EFl to take action under 4.4

The Rick Parry response to i-ram’s question on 4.4 was gibberish  Has caused endless confusion on here 

Extraordinary circumstances , could never happen that EFL could take action under the utmost good faith requirement and it only applies to FFP matters?

how soon you forget spygate. Leeds got fined £200k for that breach under that rule. 

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/football/2019/feb/18/leeds-united-fined-200000-derby-spying

I would hope Efl could knock dodgy claims from clubs like Boro and Wycombe on similar grounds. Employing dirty tactics against another clubs is just not on. 

46 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

Extraordinary circumstances , could never happen that EFL could take action under the utmost good faith requirement and it only applies to FFP matters?

how soon you forget spygate. Leeds got fined £200k for that breach under that rule. 

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/football/2019/feb/18/leeds-united-fined-200000-derby-spying

I would hope Efl could knock dodgy claims from clubs like Boro and Wycombe on similar grounds. Employing dirty tactics against another clubs is just not on. 

PdP, I stand by every word of my post though you have misquoted me a little 

There may be other grounds on which EFL could or should have reacted to Boro’s conduct. Problem is, you and I have little doubt that Gibbo’s motives were malevolent. But his response to the EFL would simply be: “ look, here’s a legal opinion from rent a silk confirming we have a basis for a claim. My club is entitled to enforce its legal rights “

20 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

PdP, I stand by every word of my post though you have misquoted me a little 

There may be other grounds on which EFL could or should have reacted to Boro’s conduct. Problem is, you and I have little doubt that Gibbo’s motives were malevolent. But his response to the EFL would simply be: “ look, here’s a legal opinion from rent a silk confirming we have a basis for a claim. My club is entitled to enforce its legal rights “

Maybe Kevin . I really do not want to play nerd tennis here, self confessed nerd though I am.

I just don't like the idea of clubs suing each other like this. Even the Courts have a way of filtering out speculative claims .. they can award costs against a chancer like Gibson, so actually using the EFL's arbitration process actually encourages dodgy actions as it's cheaper and easier. EFL processes should be discouraging "football family" claims if at all possible.  It  has been very stressful for us Rams fans and if it ever became prevalent it really would ruin the game of football.

1 hour ago, PistoldPete said:

The Leeds fine was for breeching rule 3.4, not 4.4:

image.png.354b5e3b5f1c1b251a6a1982c2dac918.png

4.4 is specifically about good faith regarding FFP/accounting submissions. 3.4 is a more general good faith requirement for all interactions between clubs and the league, (relating to league matters anyway).

29 minutes ago, duncanjwitham said:

The Leeds fine was for breeching rule 3.4, not 4.4:

image.png.354b5e3b5f1c1b251a6a1982c2dac918.png

4.4 is specifically about good faith regarding FFP/accounting submissions. 3.4 is a more general good faith requirement for all interactions between clubs and the league, (relating to league matters anyway).

Fair comment. But actually even more emphasising that action should be taken against Boro by EFL under either or both.