The Administration Thread

Boycie

18 minutes ago, Old Spalding Ram said:

“We will update fans when possible”  Not in my name they won’t!

Credibility down the pan moment.

I hope they politely decline the invitation. 

What would declining the invitation achieve? It would kind of blow our demands/requests for information and updates out of the water.

Just now, Tamworthram said:

What would declining the invitation achieve? It would kind of blow our demands/requests for information and updates out of the water.

No doubt it will be some form of propaganda show of how we should be so great full to them. I personally think we should be going armed with tough questions like who have they allowed another club put a strangle hold over another club? Are they going to review their rules to try to ensure something like this don’t happen again? 
I don’t think Derby are innocent in all this I think they need to look at owners too and how, MM had done to us can’t happen again. 

54 minutes ago, Gritstone Ram said:

How have the administrators, who have gone through every bit of financial business at the club and worked out every last penny the club owes, not managed to do the accounts for this season yet?

Perhaps it’s accounts for last season? They’re filed in arrears aren’t they? There been a lot of wrangling behind the scenes and maybe the stadium loans etc have to be factored in.

15 hours ago, Dean (hick) Saunders said:

Well if you can’t tease your mates over their drinks choices I guess there is nothing left.. Ale drinkers get the “Looks like my piss” comment… Carling drinkers get the “I wouldn’t get pissed on your cooking lager” comment…

Al classic pub banter and the worlds a better place for it hurrah..

For the easily offended I'd suggest drinking Guinness, nobody EVER picks on Guiness. 

The drinkers safe space......

37 minutes ago, IronRam 140.6 said:

For the easily offended I'd suggest drinking Guinness, nobody EVER picks on Guiness. 

The drinkers safe space......

Newcastle brown has always been my safe option. I used to work on showgrounds all over the country and always had time to drink in the local boozers, but some of the bitter on offer was gopping,  so Newcy brown was the fall back.

2 hours ago, PistoldPete said:

It isn't even a claim yet, just a twinkle in Couhig's eye. Mel said that can be dealt with in a similar way to Gibson claim, if it is needed.Plus it's a  smaller and even more dodgy claim. SO I think buyers will not be bothered by it.. and may have indicated as much.

If Mel has said that then it makes me think very strongly that no money was involved in the settlement with Gibson and that having got it off their chests about what they think of each other they have both walked away from the situation. Gibson had his pound of flesh in maintaining the disintegration of our squad of players. I think it was hugely significant that it was Gibson who instigated the talks at the eleventh hour and then it was settled so quickly. He wanted to take a lot of the heat away from himself this afternoon.

Our revenge will come if Rooney and the team pull off the great escape.

1 hour ago, Tamworthram said:

What information do Efl ever give us? Their Pr spin just isn’t worth anything at all except to provide more ammunition for Efl haters like me. 

6 minutes ago, Brailsford Ram said:

If Mel has said that then it makes me think very strongly that no money was involved in the settlement with Gibson and that having got it off their chests about what they think of each other they have both walked away from the situation. Gibson had his pound of flesh in maintaining the disintegration of our squad of players. I think it was hugely significant that it was Gibson who instigated the talks at the eleventh hour and then it was settled so quickly. He wanted to take a lot of the heat away from himself this afternoon.

We will never know how it was settled . And I frankly don’t much care. 

Hopefully today will pass without incident off the pitch .. but even more hopefully some good incidents on the pitch for the Rams.

Either way the Great Escape is unlikely but still a real possibility. 

1 minute ago, PistoldPete said:

Hopefully today will pass without incident off the pitch .. but even more hopefully some good incidents on the pitch for the Rams.

I'd be very interested in how it was settled as every day that this has dragged on it's weakened our overall position. 

If there was always a solution to be found but this wasn't progressed until now then that's an absolute disgrace from all of the parties involved whom could have helped before but chose not to. 

What is an accord?

When I first read, "... they have reached an accord on a resolution of the claims ...," I took it to mean that they have agreed how they will resolve the claim, which could mean the process that they will follow.

However, a pundit was saying that it means that it means that a final resolution has been agreed, which may or may not include a settlement of cash, for example.

Can someone explain the range of possibilities that could be covered by the use of the term accord?

Could it be a process that has been agreed, or does it mean that an outcome has been agreed?

12 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

Assuming you're referring to staying up, do you really think it's unlikely? I genuinely think the ball is in our court.

In the last 10 games, for reference, Barnsley have picked up just 3 points. Peterborough and Reading have picked up 5. And then there's us earning 17 points in the same timeframe.

It would take a drastic turnaround in form - us faltering and one of those poorly-performing club's having a major upturn - to relegate us. Call me optimistic, but I just can't see it personally.

3 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

I'd be very interested in how it was settled as every day that this has dragged on it's weakened our overall position. 

If there was always a solution to be found but this wasn't progressed until now then that's an absolute disgrace from all of the parties involved whom could have helped before but chose not to. 

My take on it .. guesswork of course.. is that as Hosking outlined last night everything was set out in the admin proposals (I think in November)  on how the Boro and Wycombe claims were to be dealt with. 

Efl came back on Xmas Eve and said they weren’t happy , q asked how come we are just following insolvency law . Efl didn’t come back with answer until early Feb. 

then came mel’s offer. That together with a lot of pressure from fans through mainstream and social media , MPs even possibly Hmrc brought upon Gibson and Efl meant a solution was brokered. 

on the dcfc side everyone involved has to be commended. David of this parish, bawt punjabi rams , rams trust , Local MPs , Team Derby , every single fan You’ve all played a blinder. job not done yet though. 

And then we have rooney and the players . Against the odds . Tough one today but win or lose , we fight to the end.

8 minutes ago, Ken Tram said:

What is an accord?

When I first read, "... they have reached an accord on a resolution of the claims ...," I took it to mean that they have agreed how they will resolve the claim, which could mean the process that they will follow.

However, a pundit was saying that it means that it means that a final resolution has been agreed, which may or may not include a settlement of cash, for example.

Can someone explain the range of possibilities that could be covered by the use of the term accord?

Could it be a process that has been agreed, or does it mean that an outcome has been agreed

Take your pick

pact

treaty

agreement

settlement

deal

entente

concordat

concord

protocol

compact

contract

convention

7 minutes ago, Ken Tram said:

What is an accord?

Could it be a process that has been agreed, or does it mean that an outcome has been agreed?

1. Give or grant someone (power, status, or recognition).

2. Are harmonious or consistent with.

3. An official agreement or treaty.

There's a Plethora of words/statements that we could use "accord" for, One party could use one reasoning another party could use another.

As MM and SG have allegedley agreed not to publish the outcome...it's just a guessing game if truth be known.

Just now, Tyler Durden said:

Take your pick

pact

treaty

agreement

settlement

deal

entente

concordat

concord

protocol

compact

contract

convention

I meant, does "accord" tend to have a nuanced meaning in legal terms.

What comes to mind for me is that an accord is an agreed set of principles, rather than an agreement of final terms.

On an international scale, the difference between an accord and a treaty.

5 minutes ago, Scott129 said:

Assuming you're referring to staying up, do you really think it's unlikely? I genuinely think the ball is in our court.

In the last 10 games, for reference, Barnsley have picked up just 3 points. Peterborough and Reading have picked up 5. And then there's us earning 17 points in the same timeframe.

It would take a drastic turnaround in form - us faltering and one of those poorly-performing club's having a major upturn - to relegate us. Call me optimistic, but I just can't see it personally.

Will pin this comment.

Problem with your logic is that the season isn't played over 10 games so there's nothing to say the form we've seen will be replicated over the next 10 games and so on. And conversely that the form Barnsley etc have demonstrated will be continued over the next 10 games.

Wish it were that simple just to draw a straight line from now until the end of the season using our last 10 games as the starting point but it's not unfortunately. 

Doesn't mean that we won't escape though. 

6 minutes ago, Scott129 said:

Reading of the three competitors have the players to perform better than they are. I think their form will improve relative to the last 10. Sounds like they were a little unlucky to lose mid week.

7 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

My take on it .. guesswork of course.. is that as Hosking outlined last night everything was set out in the admin proposals (I think in November)  on how the Boro and Wycombe claims were to be dealt with. 

Efl came back on Xmas Eve and said they weren’t happy , q asked how come we are just following insolvency law . Efl didn’t come back with answer until early Feb. 

then came mel’s offer. That together with a lot of pressure from fans through mainstream and social media , MPs even possibly Hmrc brought upon Gibson and Efl meant a solution was brokered. 

on the dcfc side everyone involved has to be commended. David of this parish, bawt punjabi rams , rams trust , Local MPs , Team Derby , every single fan You’ve all played a blinder. job not done yet though. 

And then we have rooney and the players . Against the odds . Tough one today but win or lose , we fight to the end.

Yer I include Morris in that mix along with Gibson, the EFL etc for avoidance of doubt.

39 minutes ago, Brailsford Ram said:

The great escape would be the ultimate revenge, but a win today would be a start ?