The Administration Thread

Boycie

10 minutes ago, Coconut's Beard said:

Au contraire, having had him represent your club for 36 years after saving you from a far worse situation than our own, I think your judgement of him is probably based on a whole lot of sentimentality and is now bordering on sycophancy, blinding you to his faults, and far more likely to be misguided. But thank you for defending someone who's hypocritically kneeling on the neck of a dying club, stopping them breathing.

In your situation you had'nt got other clubs trying to liquidate you, that is the difference and thats why we are in a worse position.

Just now, BoroWill said:

Gibson's claim began long before your administration and could have been sorted before it. Mel Morris delayed this and the cynical side of me says he put you into administration to get away from both the HMRC debt and our claim.

And again: there is no precedent for a claim like this (clubs don't sue each other for P+S breaches), it is entirely speculative (based on completely unproven "losses"), and he does not need to pursue it now it is preventing a sale that would save the club.

He absolutely bears some responsibility if we get liquidated.

25 minutes ago, SirBrian said:

Will, Mel Morris did not say it was legal he put it in the press Gibson you lead i follow, meaning if you can bend the rules so can Derby.

Bristol City have had 2 share releases to beat ffp, surprise the owner bought them all, wonder if anyone had a chance too purchase any on the open market?  Cheating or not ?

not looked into this one but informed when boro promoted they were £70 million over ffp, and when relegated surprise no points deductions.

PRIDE PARK opened July 1997 and the construction costs £28 million and a New York based company have valued it 3 times who are on the top 100 companies of the New York exchange, do you really think they would risk their reputation for Derby County.

Will do not believe every word Gibson says for he his in our view, what your view of Mel Morris.

Will enjoy the game on saturday and lets hope football is the winner. COYR

Morris did say it was legal, his wording was that it was allowed in the rules at the time.

I don't know about the Bristol situation, but if your point is that FFP rules are not fit for purpose then we are in agreement. I have a far bigger problem with the EFL than I have any issue with Derby County or any other individual club. They want to sit in this goldilocks zone where they have rules on FFP and just hope that everyone follows them but they really really hope they never have to enforce them. As a result they are terrible at enforcing them and we end up with huge messes.

We weren't £70m over FFP. Look it up if you don't believe me but that it categorically untrue.

16 minutes ago, BoroWill said:

Just to point out once again, the action began long long before you were in administration. Are you saying Steve Gibson is prescient and knew that you were going into administration so started the action in preparation for such a situation?

Will. Quite simply he should not have started any action. Derby have done little different from many Championship clubs, including Boro, who will, without a shadow of a doubt had clever accountants at various times using loopholes to avoid penalties. Boro have also had a considerable advantage over many other clubs via their parachute payments from time to time. This goes with the game, any set of rules and with life in general. Small clubs with small crowds have been at an even bigger disadvantage than either of us. Not only is the action laughable from its imaginary fantasy football outcome it is thoroughly dirty. It’s the late tackle out of the refs view after a bit of earlier hand bags. It’s a disgrace and so vindictively unsporting it beggars belief. Added to that Morris has made an offer to meet him in court with impartial judges rather than the EFL where Mr Gibson seems to have a distinctly unfair level of influence. If he is so self righteous and saintly then why hasn’t he withdrawn his action and issued court proceedings ? Or alternatively sue the governing body who were responsible for the rules, the policing of those rules, the penalties under those rules and the timing ?

Edited by jono

10 minutes ago, BoroWill said:

Gibson's claim began long before your administration and could have been sorted before it. Mel Morris delayed this and the cynical side of me says he put you into administration to get away from both the HMRC debt and our claim.

So lets cut to the quick Will. What do we owe you? and What is the debt for? Please tell us, because this is the bit that none of know or understand.

9 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

He doesn't answer direct questions - such as why is his vindictive little puppet master not going to town on Bournemouth who took 4 points of them and denied them automatic promotion.  The Stepford Smoggies.  Bigger cult than Charles Manson going on up there.

I'm getting a lot of notifications and I'm trying my best to respond to all of them. I can't respond to things where I don't know the answer though, you would have to ask Steve Gibson.

1 minute ago, BoroWill said:

I'm getting a lot of notifications and I'm trying my best to respond to all of them. I can't respond to things where I don't know the answer though, you would have to ask Steve Gibson.

Perhaps in May if he gets round to it.  You have no opinion, because despite you constant defending we both already know the answer .

valerie-zavidova-.jpg?1626084069

Edited by Gee SCREAMER !!

27 minutes ago, BoroWill said:

Having had him represent our club for 36 years after saving us from a far worse situation than your own, I think my judgement of him is probably based on a bit more than yours, and far less likely to be misguided. But thank you for your kind words.

Well you can guarantee that from now on there will be a significant amount of people watching very closely and wishing all the misfortune that can happen to a football club due to the behaviour of Middlesbrough football club owner - you are now cursed as one of the two parasites 

21 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Having lost 6 straight before that.  Swings and roundabouts

Irrelevant really _ Middlesbrough we’re only good enough to finish 7th with all the obvious advantages that they had - they failed on the football pitch and hopefully they will continue to do so 

16 minutes ago, BoroWill said:

I think if it came down to the wire he would drop the claim. 

But for now he'll prolong the claim that he has little chance of winning prolong the anger and worry for our fanbase for as long as he can. You seem to have come on here with a pastoral approach to persuade us all that Gibson is really a super kind of holistic guy whom we should change our minds about because we've all misunderstood him. Well I'm afraid that's not going to happen, Reverend. Gibson has developed a personal reputation with the people of Derbyshire that will stay with him forever and no decision of any court or tribunal will ever change that now. I'm afraid you've had a wasted day.Just like the many wasted days you had at the end of the 2018-19 season when your football club, with it's pockets still bulging with parachute payments chucked away the gift of the play-offs with a run of form more befitting of a relegation team than one capable of promotion.

And who was to blame? Pullis and your under-performing team? No of course not it was all down to Mel Morris. It's about time that the people of Middlesbrough learned to see through the Smog.

Thanks for coming and goodbye.

4 minutes ago, jono said:

Added to that Morris has made an offer to meet him in court with impartial judges rather than the EFL where Mr Gibson seems to have a distinctly unfair level of influence. If he is so self righteous and saintly then why hasn’t he withdrawn his action and issued court proceedings ? Sick !

Mel Morris is well aware that pursuing him as a former director of a limited company is impossible, it is an empty offer. As I said earlier, if Morris is genuinely interested in helping you exit administration by dealing with claims then he can indemnify the club against our claim.

@BoroWillI appreciate you coming on here; your position is noted and I acknowledge your partisanship and civility.

But you must accept this has never really been a Derby v Boro matter. It is Morris v Gibson. Morris clearly did Gibson over, it seems regarding Waghorn, who I can assure you girlfriend was really not worth it. Gibson subsequently was determined to create just as much mayhem as he could for Morris, and that served him well (although even without his intervention I have no doubt Morris would have crashed our club into the rocks - something I will never forgive him for). But even with our Club dealt with by the EFL, Morris binned out with £150m+ personal losses, and Administrators fighting to keep us alive, Gibson still persists in nuisance claims, and do you know why, because he is upset Morris still has some control of the football stadium (which annoys me to hell too). Gibson's two open letters seeking information regarding the Stadium and security/loan arrangements are such childlike actions it is beyond me, other than reinforcing my thoughts that Gibson just wants to keep his battle with Morris going just as long as he can (and duck Derby County and their fans if they are collateral damage). It really is that pathetic. You keep supporting your man if you like, but I'm telling you it is not a good look.

Edited by i-Ram

18 minutes ago, BoroWill said:

Gibson's claim was regarding the stadium only, up until we were found guilty of using a non-compliant amortisation policy.

1 hour ago, BoroWill said:

For those who were asking earlier where the animosity from Boro fans towards Derby fans comes from, it's stuff like this ?

That’s one person though and every fanbase has fans who will make comments like that. Bit sweeping don’t you think then to have an Ill feeling against a whole club because of it? 

13 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

So let me say.. unlike our minority of morons who were in bad taste singing otherwise, I would not wish a premature death on Mr Gibson even as a bad taste joke. In fact if I saw him potentially drawing his last breath in the street I would call an ambulance

I would too, 99 erm erm erm come on...99, 99, 99 jesus I know it's 3 numbers, What's the last number?‍♂️