The Administration Thread

Boycie

20 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

It’s not my area of expertise but I would imagine such a guarantee is quite rare.

Pretty sure a buyer would require security of some sort. The indemnity could be outstanding for several years.  What’s to stop MM settling all his assets on trust for the Littleover Boy Scouts ? 

11 minutes ago, BoroWill said:

Having had him represent our club for 36 years after saving us from a far worse situation than your own, I think my judgement of him is probably based on a bit more than yours, and far less likely to be misguided. But thank you for your kind words.

Au contraire, having had him represent your club for 36 years after saving you from a far worse situation than our own, I think your judgement of him is probably based on a whole lot of sentimentality and is now bordering on sycophancy, blinding you to his faults, and far more likely to be misguided. But thank you for defending someone who's hypocritically kneeling on the neck of a dying club, stopping them breathing.

Edited by Coconut's Beard

12 minutes ago, BoroWill said:

It is nobody but Morris' fault that you are in administration. Entering administration was a voluntary action taken by him.

Again: it is Morris fault that we are in administration. It is very largely Gibson's fault we can't get out, and might face liquidation.

This is not a bad guy/good guy situation. It's just two incredibly rich men showing the world how you kill a football club.

Edited by vonwright

7 minutes ago, Eatonram said:

I welcome you too. No point blaming ALL Boro supporters. I know you had a terrible situation yourselves....I suspect the difference would be that no other Club were sticking their oar in and asking for cash when you were skint? That's the difference. We are uniquely vulnerable at the moment, "unique" not because we are special, and not because we want to unpunished...we just resent another Club piling in. I think you would feel the same the other way round and I van promise I would hate my Club doing what your Chairman is doing.

No you are right, although we did have to pay back every penny of our debts and weren't allowed to offer 25p in every £ to creditors.

2 minutes ago, BoroWill said:

Just to point out once again, the action began long long before you were in administration. Are you saying Steve Gibson is prescient and knew that you were going into administration so started the action in preparation for such a situation?

So why is he not dropping it now? What does he hope to achieve my continuing with his action? None of us can see that he gains anything other than the death of our club.....

Edited by Gaspode

Just now, BoroWill said:

Just to point out once again, the action began long long before you were in administration. Are you saying Steve Gibson is prescient and knew that you were going into administration so started the action in preparation for such a situation?

Will go to page 702 and please answer the questions, they may enlighten you ie construction of PP july 1997 actual cost

27 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

But why would he need to do that? Surely he just needs to prove to the court/EFL or whoever else, that he’s worth 100s of millions. If he could convince the bank then he’d be able to convince anyone else. I doubt anyone seriously thinks he’s a flight risk that would disappear if he lost the case so I don’t think providing security would be necessary. I just don’t see the point of involving a bank. It’s not my area of expertise but I would imagine such a guarantee is quite rare.

I have been out of commercial banking for near-on 17 years, and I have no memory of UK Banks offering guarantee arrangements in this respect. Not to say it is not possible. Yes you get 'guarantees' of sorts on international trade for import/export protection. If Gibson insisted on some form of guarantee (of ultimate settlement) for going the high court route, Morris could cover the position by deposit of the claim monies in an escrow account, subject to solicitor undertaking.

7 minutes ago, BoroWill said:

It is nobody but Morris' fault that you are in administration. Entering administration was a voluntary action taken by him.

Cool. We know. 

And THIS is where the animosity towards Boro fans comes from. Because you think we blame Gibson for this. We don't. 

Hearing Boro fans tell us who we blame for what is majorly fecking annoying

Do you have any idea how much has been written about Mel Morris? What's been said about him? 

It's not us deflecting. The issue with Gibson is about him continuing this nonsense since Mel took the the Hills

And I'm yet to see a Boro fan acknowledge this and give a single reason why we should be civil to/about him

1 minute ago, vonwright said:

Again: it is Morris fault that we are in administration. It is very largely Gibson's fault we can't get out, and might face liquidation.

This is not a bad guy/good guy situation. 

Gibson's claim began long before your administration and could have been sorted before it. Mel Morris delayed this and the cynical side of me says he put you into administration to get away from both the HMRC debt and our claim.

1 hour ago, Kathcairns said:

You never answered my post about him passing debts or whatever onto his haulage firm, cant understand why that is legal.

He doesn't answer direct questions - such as why is his master not going to town on Bournemouth who took 4 points of them and denied them automatic promotion.  The Stepford Smoggies.  Bigger cult than Charles Manson going on up there.

Edited by angieram
Remove personal insults

3 minutes ago, Gaspode said:

So why is he not dropping it now? What does he hope to achieve my continuing with his action? None of us can see that he gains anything other than the death of our club.....

The question they don't answer. 

Closest we got is "he'll probably drop the whole thing anyway" 

We are apparently blaming Gibson for the mess Mel put us in. Must have imagined all the Mel hatred when we went into administration 

3 minutes ago, BoroWill said:

When exactly? 2019 when the agreement was made with the EFL? or after? For the sale of the stadium? Or the FFP? It was only in 2021 according to the EFL. 
When did Gibbo serve the legal papers? 
When did the EFL state Derby had to respond? 
I I send you a letter asking for money, for something you think is ridiculous, would you offer to take me to court? No..you’d tell me to serve papers. 
Under UK insolvency law, anything that is not a debt at time of insolvency is not legal. It is only the EFL that say we have to look at it to retain the share. 
Why hasn’t Gibson sought recompense from any of the other rulebreakers from the last 6 years? 
You, are either deluded, or ignorant. 

2 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Which is what he wants....

No he doesn't!! 

He said he doesn't want to liquidate Derby!!

Just because he's standing in the way of our survival despite Mel being gone it doesn't mean he is... er... trying to stop us surviving. 

I think the actual truth is that he has climbed on a horse so high that he can no longer see who he's trampling on. He just wants to joust Mel. 

Now just be happy he wants us to survive because imagine if he didn't!!