The Administration Thread

Boycie

1 minute ago, Carnero said:

I believe the the story is suggesting there is an insurance policy that could be taken out at a cost of £2.5m, not that we already have a policy in place.

My brother in law works with these types of policies.  They are commonplace with big corporates/public figures.

Pretty certain this is just the mail trying to capitalise on the uncertainty rather than any new option suddenly springing to light.

9 minutes ago, Carnero said:

I believe the the story is suggesting there is an insurance policy that could be taken out at a cost of £2.5m, not that we already have a policy in place.

And obviously that £2.5m is money that wouldn’t be going to actual, genuine creditors. So presumably Quantuma have a decision to make as to whether it’s a justified use of money etc.

40 minutes ago, I know nuffin said:

Just a suggestion for the EFL rather than keep moving the goalposts, as confirmed by tweets for current dcfc employees, if Gibson does not take up MMs offer what about charging Middlesbrough of bringing the game into disrepute by bringing baseless charges against a league founding member. Either he takes MMs offer up or he is making it up and causing unfounded mental anguish on dcfc staff and fans 

They could have done this many times over the last 2 seasons and didn’t bother, so thing that boat has unfortunately sailed!

15 minutes ago, MK-Ram said:

My brother in law works with these types of policies.  They are commonplace with big corporates/public figures.

Pretty certain this is just the mail trying to capitalise on the uncertainty rather than any new option suddenly springing to light.

If an insurance salesman offered me a policy and said it would only cost me £2.5 million, I might just be a bit suspicious. Is it a PPI policy? 

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

"Derby are exploring whether they can be saved from potential liquidation by an insurance policy worth just £2.5million...Yet Sportsmail has learned that all parties have been alerted to the existence of an insurance policy that they believe could provide the breakthrough. Potential buyers are examining whether, for the £2.5m cost of the policy, they would be protected even if Boro and Wycombe’s claims were successful."

Utter nonsense!

it’s almost as rediculous as MM is our saviour, what stupid individual could possibly believe such clap trap. The Mail are taking the piss out of us all!

Edited by Gritstone Tup

8 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

So you can take an insurance policy out after the event ?

It wouldn't be after the event, it would be before the hearing.

But, if this were even possible it would just give the EFL the green light to go to arbitration and rule in favour of Boro/Wycombe - because Derby have a policy to pay out. Then the EFL avoid the risk of further legal action from Boro.

If I were an insurance company I wouldn't touch this unless it went to the High Court, not arbitration

Edited by SamUltraRam

4 hours ago, Brailsford Ram said:

Pete, I am usually warmed by your contributions to this forum but on this occasion I reluctantly have to say this is unhelpful and merely confuses the situation for some others. The comment indicates a clear lack of understanding of the concept of limited liability for claims against a company . Limited liability absolves a director from personal liability so quite rightly Gibson has lodged his claim against DCFC as a company. Neither Morris, Pearce, McFarland whoever has any personal  liability for the claim. It falls squarely on the company that is DCFC Limited.

However, Mel Morris has offered to accept the transfer of liability from DCFC to himself personally. I do not know if this has previously been done under English Law or not. But it seems a very reasonable and generous offer. If it does set a precedent, the High Court is an a position to accept Mel's offer and hear the case by way of case law in which it lays down its reason for hearing MFC v Morris or not. If it makes it a stated case and allows it to be heard, then the principle of the transfer of liability will become enshrined in law for the future.

I hope that Mel has benefitted from expert legal advice beyond what is probably available within this forum and has been told the court may well allow the claim to proceed in the way Mel has proposed. We shall see.

In biblical terms the offer is morally outstanding for Mel is saying to Caesar Gibson by all means seek to crucify me but please don't pursue genocide against my former flock, which is the fanbase of Derby County. So let's hope it works.

Love the final paragraph!

32 minutes ago, MK-Ram said:

Absolutely, Administrator just happened to find a key and a secret door panel in MMs office and low and behold there's a policy there that covers this eventuality, You couldn't make it up ?

Edited by Unlucky Alf

48 minutes ago, Indy said:

Because EFL, Boro and Wycombe are desperate to portray our side as in conflict with each other (hence their constant digs at the administrators, snide comments about feeling sorry for the fans etc). CK may have some issues, but he’s not part of the Derby side, he’s a third party with no dog in this fight and he should keep his counsel. It’s not helpful. 

It may not be a pitbull but not so sure he doesn't have something still in the fight. 

Person in custody by name of S Gibson

BBC News - Middlesbrough fan arrested as boy 'left in hotel'
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-60272983

A Middlesborough supporter has been arrested after leaving his 11-year-old son alone in a hotel room in Manchester while he went out drinking to celebrate the team's surprise FA Cup win.

Greater Manchester Police said it had received a call of concern about the boy in the early hours of Saturday morning.

"We have looked after the child with an unhappy mum on her way down from [the North East] to collect him," the force's local Twitter account stated.

1 hour ago, Tyler Durden said:

BBC News - Middlesbrough fan arrested as boy 'left in hotel'
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-60272983

A Middlesborough supporter has been arrested after leaving his 11-year-old son alone in a hotel room in Manchester while he went out drinking to celebrate the team's surprise FA Cup win.

Greater Manchester Police said it had received a call of concern about the boy in the early hours of Saturday morning.

"We have looked after the child with an unhappy mum on her way down from [the North East] to collect him," the force's local Twitter account stated.

Too busy  having a party at the thought of Derby County dying to worry about his kid it seems.

Edited by angieram