The Administration Thread

Boycie

So if this Ebosele story is true, it's exactly why Rooney said in early January that the ownership needed sorting before the end of the transfer window & he actually said that some of his players had been offered pre-contract deals elsewhere.

If the ownership was already sorted, we could have given these players new contracts which would also have protected their financial value to us

2 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

He's guessing.

As for Morris needing the Club to survive, why?

Don’t you dare underestimate Michael Knighton!

In all seriousness from what I’ve heard on Radio Derby I think he knows what’s going on a lot more than what us fans do. From a ‘football business’ side, for lack of a better term. Not saying he’s right or wrong, but it shouldn’t be written of and think we know better. He might just be simplifying something that, let’s be honest a few contributors to forums like this one, could be over complicating. 

For whatever reason his involvement does make me smile though, he’s a bit of a character and I find it at least fun that someone like him is involved somewhere within this. Even if it’s a slight bit of light relief!

Michael Knighton’s Barmy Army!

1 hour ago, Mucker1884 said:

From the club's pov, (I'm talking FA Fines etc) I'd imagine that is precisely the attitude they are hoping to avoid... on matchday... in and around the stadium... with the world's press watching... and the local constabulary cancelling leave, and clocking on early doors!

DCFC have quite literally just been done for £10k for not controlling their players.  Not a good look if they can't control their fans too!  

I thought we wanted outsiders on our side, not arranging parties for when we die!  

I'm sure there will come a time when the gloves do actually come off.  I'd like to think I'd also be very close by, even if only to hold the odd coat or two!
But Boro Away, on Saturday Feb 12th is both the worst place, and the worst time, for it to happen... From the club's pov!

So you think an empty away end with no tickets sold because it was deemed that the club could not trust its supporters is good publicity.

7 minutes ago, Foreveram said:

Seriously, so what we did at Huddersfield was a waste of time and effort then. If people break the law they should be dealt with, Same as at any match. I have not missed a match home or away this season and I don’t intend missing this one. #WFTTE.

1/  No, not all all.  Quite the opposite.

2/  Agreed.  Unfortunately the club will also be seen as being responsible for our (the fans) behaviour, so they too will be dealt with just like any other game.

3/  I'm sure you can be trusted to behave impeccably, and not besmirch the reputation of the club.  Like I say, my thoughts aren't aimed at you, and those of a similar standing.

4/  I did say I would enrage some folk!  (Don't try to hide it... I can tell a mile off!)

5/  I hope you have a wonderful day,  watch a fantastic game, witness an away win, witness absolutely no bovver whatsoever, and come back on here on the evening of Saturday 12th to point, laugh, ridicule me for being as wrong as any wrong person has ever been with a wrong opinion/prediction, in a world where... let's face it... is accustomed to many a wrong opinion!  (That's this forum generally, just to clarify!)  In fact, I have never wanted to be so wrong, as I do right now!

?  

3 minutes ago, TuffLuff said:

In all seriousness from what I’ve heard on Radio Derby I think he knows what’s going on a lot more than what us fans do. From a ‘football business’ side, for lack of a better term. Not saying he’s right or wrong, but it shouldn’t be written of and think we know better. He might just be simplifying something that, let’s be honest a few contributors to forums like this one, could be over complicating. 

For whatever reason his involvement does make me smile though, he’s a bit of a character and I find it at least fun that someone like him is involved somewhere within this. Even if it’s a slight bit of light relief!

Michael Knighton’s Barmy Army!

Based on what? If it makes you happy carry on.

But stuff like 'We won't blah, blah. Don't worry it'll never happen.' Just encourages people not to try and affect the outcome.

The main liquidation fear is not that DCFC aren't a viable prospect (in terms of football clubs) it's that the issues have the potential to scupper takeovers.

Blind faith that we're not going to be liquidated because there's a viable club and a strong fanbase in Derby is misplaced - until a deal is done and creditors paid the possibility of things falling apart is very real. Particually if it gets to wrangling over x or y party got screwed less in the proposed deal I'm not happy....

We're not too big to fail and we shouldn't kid ourselves we are.

On that depressing note i'm going to cheer myself up with some dry white toast and zero calory pop.

9 minutes ago, SamUltraRam said:

So if this Ebosele story is true, it's exactly why Rooney said in early January that the ownership needed sorting before the end of the transfer window & he actually said that some of his players had been offered pre-contract deals elsewhere.

If the ownership was already sorted, we could have given these players new contracts which would also have protected their financial value to us

Exactly this ^ ??

It's incredibly short notice, but is there any way we could get the Man Utd fans on board to do something against Middlesbrough tonight? Not like a big march or anything crazy, it could even be something as simple as getting their fans to chant "Steve Gibson what a banker" throughout the match. Their fans seem to be generally sympathetic to our situation, especially with the Rooney connection, and it may raise the profile of the case and show that it's not just Derby fans upset about the way this is going.

14 minutes ago, SamUltraRam said:

We could have offered these players new contracts, whether they accepted is another issue.

3 minutes ago, Foreveram said:

So you think an empty away end with no tickets sold because it was deemed that the club could not trust its supporters is good publicity.

Not good per sé, but so much gooderer than at least one potential alternative.

... And it's "...Some supporters", or even "...A small minority of it's supporters", as opposed to just "...it's supporters"!

Think Coventry away.  Think "Our fans are our own worse enemy" thread.

There's already been some internet talk of toughening up for the day.  Even in here, although the mods are (rightly) tidying things up as we go.

Anyway... fingers crossed I'm wrong, as I said earlier.  Enjoy the match.  ?