The Administration Thread

Boycie

1 hour ago, Carnero said:

Screenshot_20220125-214708.jpg

I have sent Alan Nixon a tweet with a tweet asking him if he is saying Ashley is in or out. It's Burns night so he might not respond straight away.

3 minutes ago, Brailsford Ram said:

I have sent Alan Nixon a tweet with a tweet asking him if he is saying Ashley is in or out. It's Burns night so he might not respond straight away.

He has responded that Kirchner is the one that is out, which means that Appleby and Binnie are the two bids left and Ashley has still not yet made a bid.

1 hour ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

It wasn’t just about performance on the pitch though. It was things like letting the training ground pretty much fall to bits.

Also, any owner hiring Steve Bruce for a Premier League job in the last five years deserves to be hung, drawn and quartered for crimes against football.

Got Hull to an FA cup final. Any manager who can do that can’t be that bad 

54 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

30 minutes ago, Curtains said:

So we started the day with three possible bids: Binnies, Appleby and Ashley with Kirchner having dropped out.

And after a long wait for news, we got a flurry of tweets from Nixon.

At the end of which, we finished the day with three possible bids: Binnies, Appleby and Ashley with Kirchner having dropped out.

I don't think I can take much more of this excitement today. I'm away to my bed.

I wonder what will happen tomorrow.

Just got off the phone about half an hour ago with a mate of mine.

He was very heavily believing that Mike Ashley will submit his bid this week.

No doubt, there will be doubters, and I understand and respect that, I don’t want to give false hope at all, although from what I’ve heard it does seem positive, even if it isn’t him who gets the status of “preferred bidder”.

Like I say, I don’t want to give false hope, so take this comment with a pinch of salt, but it looks like good news is on the horizon.

Keep the faith Rams.?

I said yesterday - I feel confident that we will find our way out of this, and today I feel the same way.

Let’s keep going. COYR.

OK, here's my 2p worth.

Given that there is much uncertainty surrounding the "claims" of (spits) Boro and (spits again) Wycombe, if I were the administrators I would accept a LOWER bid from a buyer willing to take a risk on future liabilities, rather than a higher bid from a buyer who was unwilling to take the risk, on the basis that the former allows the club to continue to function, not have to sell players etc, because the current impasse is the result of previous bidders being unwilling to take a punt on the aforementioned unquantifiable liabilities.  So much for risky, dynamic, thrusting entrepreneurial capitalism eh?  Wusses!!!

One more thing occurs to me, which I don't see mentioned elsewhere.  If I were a local business that supplies the club and I was only going to get 25p in the £, then I would be wondering why the club have not been forced to sell assets PDQ in order to get ME a greater % of MY money that I am still owed!   Local businesses must feel torn between wanting to at least salvage some of their costs in the short term versus not wanting the club to go under and maybe doing more business in the future.  However, we should spare a thought for small local businesses who are going to suffer considerable pain whatever the eventual outcome.

Someone willing to take a punt, committed to securing the clubs future, and covering the liabilities is what is needed right now, and personally if such a buyer emerged then if I were the administrators I would sell to them right now for £1!

1 hour ago, LondonRam2 said:

OK, here's my 2p worth.

Given that there is much uncertainty surrounding the "claims" of (spits) Boro and (spits again) Wycombe, if I were the administrators I would accept a LOWER bid from a buyer willing to take a risk on future liabilities, rather than a higher bid from a buyer who was unwilling to take the risk, on the basis that the former allows the club to continue to function, not have to sell players etc, because the current impasse is the result of previous bidders being unwilling to take a punt on the aforementioned unquantifiable liabilities.  So much for risky, dynamic, thrusting entrepreneurial capitalism eh?  Wusses!!!

One more thing occurs to me, which I don't see mentioned elsewhere.  If I were a local business that supplies the club and I was only going to get 25p in the £, then I would be wondering why the club have not been forced to sell assets PDQ in order to get ME a greater % of MY money that I am still owed!   Local businesses must feel torn between wanting to at least salvage some of their costs in the short term versus not wanting the club to go under and maybe doing more business in the future.  However, we should spare a thought for small local businesses who are going to suffer considerable pain whatever the eventual outcome.

Someone willing to take a punt, committed to securing the clubs future, and covering the liabilities is what is needed right now, and personally if such a buyer emerged then if I were the administrators I would sell to them right now for £1!

I don't agree on either front. A lower bid for the club means creditors get less.  None of the unsecured creditors wil get anything until we come out of admin. And if we accept low ball offers now for players w m ay never come out of admin because the poetntial buyers of the club will have nothing worth buying.