The Administration Thread

Boycie

1 minute ago, Seth's left foot said:

Nixon? 

They uncovered the tapes.

Ultimately led to his resignation prior to removal from office as president.

There's been a few good films about it.

Although Watergate eventually brought him down, his sabotage of Vietnam peace talks was an act that cost the lives of many us soldiers and no one knows how many Vietnamese.

I take my hat off to @Curtainsfor going on TalkSport and fighting our corner, but just a thought. Nobody in the football world is going to have even a smidge of sympathy for our points deductions, either for going into administration or P&S breaches. They aren’t going to care too much regarding the amortisation technicalities either. They will consider we (Morris) was trying to gain some advantage, and fwiw I think he was too.

We should begrudgingly accept that is where we are. It isn’t going to change. For those getting air time, or writing to MPs or newspapers, or tweeting, the message we should be giving is that we accept our penalties, but those penalties awarded by the EFL should be the full and final penalty.

1) Other football clubs shouldn’t be allowed to pile on - it hasn’t happened in the past with QPR, Leeds, Leicester, etc.

2) We didn’t go after QPR when there was a more evident case of similar wrong doing.

3) The current spat is a personal battle between Gibson and Morris.

4) What justification is there for Boro & Wycombe to be considered football creditors, when to date they are only unsubstantiated claims that the EFL know little about.

5) The Administrators should be able to proceed in accordance with the Law of the Land, not be beholden to ill-written, and out of date, EFL rules and regulations.

6) If this is happening to Derby now, it could be happening to your club next.

These are more important, more powerful points to be making. They are more likely to have a great affect on how we move forward.

Edited by i-Ram

36 minutes ago, Bald Eagle's Barmy Army said:

We have one bid in and we have two others potential big players who want to buy Derby County. 

We will have a very happy outcome and personally, we will be able to strengthen our squad before next Monday. 

I checked. I haven't won the lottery after all. Sorry.

Believe me, I am quite upset about that.

'Positive developments' from the EFL probably just means that they managed to round up some other clubs to make claims. Apparently the tea at PP was found wanting last year and Forest are making a claim for £962 billion based on the morale hit that they took from being served sub-standard beverages. They'd have been running away with the Premier League by now if it wasn't for Derby and their tea.

Just now, i-Ram said:

I take my hat off to @Curtainsfor going on TalkSport and fighting our corner, but just a thought. Nobody in the football world is going to have even a smidge of sympathy for our points deductions, either for going into administration or P&S breaches. They aren’t going to care too much regarding the amortisation technicalities either. They will consider we (Morris) was trying to gain some advantage, and fwiw I think he was too.

We should begrudgingly accept that is where we are. It isn’t going to change. For those getting air time, or writing to MPs or newspapers, or tweeting, the message we should be giving is that we accept our penalties, but those penalties awarded by the EFL should be the full and final penalty.

1) Other football clubs shouldn’t be allowed to pile on - it hasn’t happened in the past with QPR, Leeds, Leicester, etc.

2) We didn’t go after QPR when there was a more evident case of similar wrong doing.

3) The current spat is a personal Bettie between Gibson and Morris.

4) What justification is there for Boro & Wycombe to be considered football creditors, when to date they are only unsubstantiated claims that the EFL know little about.

5) The Administrators should be able to proceed in accordance with the Law of the Land, not be beholden to I’ll written, and out of date, EFL rules and regulations.

These are more important, more powerful points to be making. They are more likely to have a great affect on how we move forward.

Exactly this.

The only way to get people on side is to say we’ve been punished and it’s been accepted. 

We need to highlight the extent of our punishment:

- fined 

- huge points deductions 

- multi window transfer embargo’s

- forced to sell off/release key players

- takeover deals being obstructed 

Then ask, when have we been punished enough, and can we be left to get on with saving our club without interference?

That’s the bottom line now!

3 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

5) The Administrators should be able to proceed in accordance with the Law of the Land, not be beholden to ill-written, and out of date, EFL rules and regulations.

The point that Curtains was making is a very important one. No, we are not going to reverse the points deductions. But the fact is that EFL were at a fault.. if the amortisation policy was wrong why did they act three years too late, as David asks ? EFL failure to act damaged us far more than it damaged Boro. 

So if the blame is split between Morris and EFL .. how can we be punished by EFL now for Morris mistakes. The only people who are culpable who are still on the scene are the EFL themselves.    

So we need to maintain pressure on EFL.    

13 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

They uncovered the tapes.

Ultimately led to his resignation prior to removal from office as president.

There's been a few good films about it.

Although Watergate eventually brought him down, his sabotage of Vietnam peace talks was an act that cost the lives of many us soldiers and no one knows how many Vietnamese.

The finger is pointing at Nixons lobyists, Mainly Armourments, Nixon was always the frontman and pretty much every President since, Look how JFK got in power, Nowt to do with Dad was it?

12 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Agree with all this - although Morris trying to gain an advantage is fine. It’s gaining an unfair advantage that’s a problem. A fine point, but important in the face of being accused of “systematic cheating over the course of years”. 

Hopefully this will be resolved soon. 

26 minutes ago, Heisenberg said:

Interesting how its worded - the EFL are desperate to avoid to being grilled further or be subject to further scrutiny by the Political Stakeholders (MPs). Clearly they have come to some agreement in principal with the administrators over the weekend which is now being formalized ahead of the new meeting tomorrow where they hope to 'resolve the outstanding issues to the satisfaction of all parties'.

To me it looks like a deal has been done which the EFL, Gibson & Couhig are all happy with or they wouldn't be wording it as they have above. If they then shaft us again tomorrow after postponing the meeting with MPs it is only going to lead to even more pain & scrutiny when another meeting with them is required.

Therefore I can only see this as a positive and wouldn't be surprised to see an agreement announced in the next '48 hours'..... 

Edited by Cool As Custard

21 minutes ago, Heisenberg said:

“… a proposed meeting involving the EFL, and political stakeholders to discuss the challenges at Derby County set for later today has been postponed.”

Translation: they’ve seen Margaret Becket stomping up the drive and have turned the lights off and hidden behind the sofa. 

I think it’s too late for them. The parliamentary debate last week rapidly moved past if they were redeemable and on to demanding that the minister clarify the legislative timetable to abolish them. And that is entirely due to the pressure and communication the fans brought over last weekend after the administrators heavily implied the EFL were acting outside the law. Well done, everyone. 

EFL statement reads to me like, the initial meeting is no longer valid cause progress has been made and admins need that little longer to essentially named preferred bidder so the meeting that will then take place, can finally sort stuff out. That’s what I think it is. Sounds positive and finally no q and as, no he said, she said, a statement that actually sounds like let’s get this done.