The Administration Thread

Boycie

3 minutes ago, David said:

The EFL can't just dismiss the claims, but they can consider them not to be football creditors, which sends them down to the bottom of the pile next to myself and once the sale goes through it's settled. 

I know we've been round and round with this one, but if there is a firm bid how do Q go ahead with it? What do they do with B&Ws claims?

Just now, Gritstone Ram said:

Is this the Appleby bid?

1 minute ago, roboto said:

No stadium involved? I guess they are putting the money aside to tackle the court cases and when they get thrown out (not if) they will possibly buy the stadium?

Should drive Ashley to do something if he’s interested. If not goodbye

3 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Fine by me. It'll be all the sweeter when we take their claims on and they get laughed out of the room.

I agree. I can’t believe these claims - in particular the Middlesbrough one - will stand up in a court of law. Especially if Gibson goes off on one about Derby systematically cheating (which they have found to be innocent of).

Other than an annoying court case, any new owners aren’t really acquiring much risk in my opinion.

3 minutes ago, roboto said:

No stadium involved? I guess they are putting the money aside to tackle the court cases and when they get thrown out (not if) they will possibly buy the stadium?

It could be that, or it could just be that the stadium is a separate transaction.  In theory, there's no reason it would be included in what you pay for Derby, since it's not owned by Derby. But obviously the MSD debt complicates things.

4 minutes ago, roboto said:

I guess they have decided to sidestep that issue for now. Agree to pay rent on the ground and focus on binning off the more unquantifiable stuff with Wycombe and Boro.

Win the case, then buy the stadium. Lose the case, then pay rent on the stadium?

9 minutes ago, ram59 said:

The thing is with the potential WW/Boro liabilities, is that if the new owners were to say 'see you in court', they should be in a 'no lose' situation. Obviously win the case and get your costs paid and also have a case for frivalous prosecution, but should we lose, we would have a cast iron case to bring against QPR, because a dangerous president would have been set, dangerous for football that is.

There’s been a few dangerous presidents, barstewards!

Just now, roboto said:

You know what I mean ? 

Would love to see Gibson lose his poo and a load of money challenging us when we aren't bound and gagged.

I know but when the tweets state erroneous facts it just makes me wonder. 

How will Q be able to deal with B&Ws claims?