The Administration Thread

Boycie

7 minutes ago, Curtains said:

We can’t defend ourselves then against the EFLs actions !  

Course you can. Just don't accuse anyone directly of being corrupt on the forum. 

You're talking about someone who is seeking legal address for up to £45m. He has the funds to claim against the forum and directly from you if he feels like you've defamed him. Is it worth it?

Stick to the facts and keep the accusations out of it, and you will be fine. 

1 minute ago, GboroRam said:

Course you can. Just don't accuse anyone directly of being corrupt on the forum. 

You're talking about someone who is seeking legal address for up to £45m. He has the funds to claim against the forum and directly from you if he feels like you've defamed him. Is it worth it?

Stick to the facts and keep the accusations out of it, and you will be fine. 

I understand and that’s fair enough. 

11 minutes ago, Betty Swollocks said:

I`m pretty sure it would be 1 league down from the conference, so probably Conference North.

I read somewhere that whilst other Phoenix Clubs have started much lower down the pyramid, none of them are close to the size and fanbase of Derby and any clubs lower than this would simply not be able to cope with the amount of away fans that we would take.

Yeah a lot of the clubs below conference level would struggle to accommodate potentially 4k or 5k people turning up at their 'grounds'.

Depending on the club that was formed, I'd bet on National League. 

20 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Let’s not think about that mate .

We need to stay positive right now. 

Oh I am positive mate. I am just not going to lose time worrying over something that is not in my control. I will hurt if this goes pear shape, but I don’t think it will. Worst case, I still can’t believe it will be any worse than us being at -15 points in Tier 2 at the start of next season. That could be real fun, with the revitalisation of the club and its support brought about by our collective hatred of the EFL. 

Edited by i-Ram
Changed to Tier 2, rather than Div 2 - thanks EatonRam

59 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

Of course it's possible, Ist what are they sueing for, 2nd do their legal team think they have a case?

I don’t really know to be honest, presumably if the club was liquidated then the city loses a heck of a lot of cultural value as well as losing earnings on match days.

I’m only guessing really but if they argued that due to ‘mismanagement’ by the EFL then the city lost x amount of money. Unfortunately I don’t know of any similar cases of the top of my head. 

15 minutes ago, Betty Swollocks said:

I`m pretty sure it would be 1 league down from the conference, so probably Conference North.

I read somewhere that whilst other Phoenix Clubs have started much lower down the pyramid, none of them are close to the size and fanbase of Derby and any clubs lower than this would simply not be able to cope with the amount of away fans that we would take.

I am not opposed to Conference North! We are a top 20 club in terms of fan base. We would be back in the Championship before we knew it.

I don't think we should kowtow.

I think the worst case scenario - if it might be conference North - is not as bad as giving Middlesbrough £45m.

It's an interesting question! How much would be too much? £1, £1m, £10m, £45m ...

1 minute ago, Ken Tram said:

I am not opposed to Conference North! We are a top 20 club in terms of fan base. We would be back in the Championship before we knew it.

I think the worst case scenario - if it might be conference North - is not as bad as giving Middlesbrough £45m.

It's an interesting question! How much would be too much? £1, £1m, £10m, £45m ...

£1

Sets a football destroying precedent 

1 minute ago, Ken Tram said:

1p

I don't know who decides where a Phoenix club is placed but I think that the other teams have to vote to accept them - plus it has implications for one team from that league missing out or having to play extra games for an additional team in that league.

And I don't know whether there would be time to have a Phoenix club set up for the start of next season anyway - it's only 7 months away and next seasons fixtures will be determined long before that & an almost entire new squad would need to be assembled

Edited by SamUltraRam

1 minute ago, TuffLuff said:

I don’t really know to be honest, presumably if the club was liquidated then the city loses a heck of a lot of cultural value as well as losing earnings on match days.

I’m only guessing really but if they argued that due to ‘mismanagement’ by the EFL then the city lost x amount of money. Unfortunately I don’t know of any similar cases of the top of my head. 

I posted that on Twitter earlier. EFL could be hammered for millions due to loss of earnings due to the corrupt nature of what they have done

11 minutes ago, JoetheRam said:

Yeah a lot of the clubs below conference level would struggle to accommodate potentially 4k or 5k people turning up at their 'grounds'.

Depending on the club that was formed, I'd bet on National League. 

If it is Conference North, then we'd be at my local team's level, Alfreton, who get 300-400 on a decent day.

The town could barely handle it when Mansfield were in town, Derby would sap our pubs dry in an hour.

Edited by Plusi_Ram

11 minutes ago, metalsheep02 said:

It would be in Burton Latimer wouldn't it? Hopefully not but it would reduce my travel time as I am in Mawsley.

You are indeed correct.  I don't know the area too well, only live in Northampton as a result of the wife...let's face it, there's no other reason to live in Northampton.

7 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Oh I am positive mate. I am just not going to lose time worrying over something that is not in my control. I will hurt if this goes pear shape, but I don’t think it will. Worst case, I still can’t believe it will be any worse than us being at -15 points in Div. 2 at the start of next season. That could be real fun, with the revitalisation of the club and its support brought about by our collective hatred of the EFL. 

Whu Div 2 iRam??  and not League 1 (third tier)

35 minutes ago, StaffsRam said:

We pay the players. On time.

Its an additional 3 on top of the 9.

35 minutes ago, metalsheep02 said:

We need to pay the wages on time.

32 minutes ago, duncanjwitham said:

Aren't there 2 suspended 3 point penalties? One if we don't pay the players on time. The other if we don't comply with the agreed business plan.

Just checked and there are 2 suspended 3 points penalties.

One is that we pay the players on time.

The other is that we fail to comply with the budget set out by the EFL for the remainder of the season. 

7 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Oh I am positive mate. I am just not going to lose time worrying over something that is not in my control. I will hurt if this goes pear shape, but I don’t think it will. Worst case, I still can’t believe it will be any worse than us being at -15 points in Div. 2 at the start of next season. That could be real fun, with the revitalisation of the club and its support brought about by our collective hatred of the EFL. 

I think the survival of the club is paramount.

Fingers crossed