The Administration Thread

Boycie

My opinion on the new details: 

EFL are trying to save face while continuing to show strength. 

To note: I am still working under the impression, the EFL do not have jurisdiction to impose a demand to settle any random claims that aren’t official creditors. So, they continue to push a demand they can’t legally enforce. However: 

The recent list of ‘how to resolve these claims’ gives one new option that I think is the save-face option to get a sale done: ‘take on liability and resolve after exiting admin.’

Of course these claims shouldn’t even be a barrier, and the EFL should not be demanding anything in this regard. However, this option will give any bidder a relatively safe path to buying the club. 

Why safe? Because as rightly pointed out numerous times, Boro/Wycombe/etc have zero evidence to prove the claims of monies owed by Derby. And I would be surprised if a court would even hear the case  

So, while a headache for any new owner, it’s more of a task item needing checked off vs a real threat. 

Hopefully I’m reading that correctly, and this new ‘out’ will help sort a PB in short order. 

Rooney on RD basically saying that he believes we will stay up as long as the team is kept together. If not, then it will be very difficult. He says it's now out of his hands, he wanted to keep Jagielka and Shinnie but things changed. He doesn't know what group of players he'll have for the rest of the season. The EFL and the administrators need to find a way to resolve the situation as soon as possible. 

3 minutes ago, Hanny said:

My opinion on the new details: 

EFL are trying to save face while continuing to show strength. 

To note: I am still working under the impression, the EFL do not have jurisdiction to impose a demand to settle any random claims that aren’t official creditors. So, they continue to push a demand they can’t legally enforce. However: 

The recent list of ‘how to resolve these claims’ gives one new option that I think is the save-face option to get a sale done: ‘take on liability and resolve after exiting admin.’

Of course these claims shouldn’t even be a barrier, and the EFL should not be demanding anything in this regard. However, this option will give any bidder a relatively safe path to buying the club. 

Why safe? Because as rightly pointed out numerous times, Boro/Wycombe/etc have zero evidence to prove the claims of monies owed by Derby. And I would be surprised if a court would even hear the case  

So, while a headache for any new owner, it’s more of a task item needing checked off vs a real threat. 

Hopefully I’m reading that correctly, and this new ‘out’ will help sort a PB in short order. 

Yes but can you trust the EFL's internal panel the LAP? 

2 hours ago, Oldben said:

I find it interesting that the 17 day window to stop liquidation, handed down by efl coincides with the transfer window.

It means the efl are demanding that the Derby sell their best players for a lower price, as top price will not guarantee, that the sale goes through before the window closes.

Even once Derby sell players, the transfer embargo isn't lifted so the efl gives Derby zero chance of signing replacements.

Efl know Derby must sell to raise funds to get through to the end of the season, so they give a 17 day window.

Plus they know any buyer will not complete the sale in 17 days.

The efl are sick of Derby doing well after the points penalty that they handed down, they don't want Derby to survive and so they reduce the teams strength still further by forcing the sale of best players.

The efl claims that they have the best interests of Derby at heart, a complete lie.

Its so blatant isn't it? I mean they could have said by February 3 or something to make it less obvious that the EFL wants us to sell our players to .. er... other EFL teams, like Stoke or Millwall. .  

6 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

Rooney on RD basically saying that he believes we will stay up as long as the team is kept together. If not, then it will be very difficult. He says it's now out of his hands, he wanted to keep Jagielka and Shinnie but things changed. He doesn't know what group of players he'll have for the rest of the season. The EFL and the administrators need to find a way to resolve the situation as soon as possible. 

Rooney called them two massive characters in the dressing room as well. Let’s hope the effects aren’t too noticeable for the remainder of the season as the shower of bad news continues. 

Edit: At least I think he said it. Could have been someone on RamsTV or Radio Derby instead..!

Edited by cosmic

5 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

Should WR be doing more off the field with these interviews? If he came out and said its disgusting how were being treated by the EFL with his stature people would start listening and more could potentially be done to resolve it.

1 minute ago, YouRams said:

Should WR be doing more off the field with these interviews? If he came out and said its disgusting how were being treated by the EFL with his stature people would start listening and more could potentially be done to resolve it.

He doesn't know all the details though that's the problem, like the rest of us he doesn't understand what's going on. But yes its becoming clear now that the EFL have an agenda against the club. I think he should say it, he has nothing to lose. He is one of the most prominent figures in English football. Everyone would side with him.

13 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Yes but can you trust the EFL's internal panel the LAP? 

Well, I don’t particularly trust the EFL here. But I think they understand they can’t just force something like this. Especially if they are outside their remit. Hence, the new ‘save face’ option.

And as I have eluded to before- creditors are ringing them up saying: hey, so our money has been offered up by three approved bids (approved by the admins) and you the EFL are gumming up the process witch is stopping  us from getting paid. (This is obvious speculation on my part, but it seems a logical ask by the creditors of the EFL) 

The EFL might try and force clubs and owners to do something, but they can’t force creditors to stay put and not act. At least, I hope that’s where some pressure is coming from. 

Edited by Hanny
Added clarification

3 minutes ago, YouRams said:

It could be seen as bringing the game into disrepute, Clubs officials are not allowed to critisise an organisation that they are a member of, Remember how all this started, MM and the Sky deal.

Those outside of the club then it's fare game, What WR says in public will be very different to what he says in private.

1 minute ago, Rammy03 said:

He doesn't know all the details though that's the problem, like the rest of us he doesn't understand what's going on. But yes its becoming clear now that the EFL have an agenda against the club. I think he should say it, he has nothing to lose. He is one of the most prominent figures in English football. Everyone would side with him.

I cant knock him because what he's doing is remarkable, but he has the platform to cause a serious noise whether he knows the full details or not, the more noise he makes the more chance of something being done, again its just like the EFL can bully away and we just keep taking it on the chin.

So here is thought given the EFL’s apparent slight change in the last 24 hours.

Does the PB actually become the bidder who is prepared to take on the risk that comes out of the arbitration on both claims? So we’re no longer at the point of the highest bidder but the fact there may only be one willing to take on the claims risk?

Or if both of them refuse, we are quite simply at liquidation point whilst the club flog off assets this month to recoup money.

Of one of them says yes, then literally what’s to stop the PB going through on Monday and is that PB in a position to transfer working capital to avoid a fire sale.

2 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

It could be seen as bringing the game into disrepute, Clubs officials are not allowed to critisise an organisation that they are a member of, Remember how all this started, MM and the Sky deal.

Those outside of the club then it's fare game, What WR says in public will be very different to what he says in private.

Where are we North Korea? Whats the worst that can happen we have every possible sanction against us in place already, if something doesnt happen soon itll be too late.

11 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

Whilst I'd like to hear him say it - he says on the Facebook interview just that there's more going on than we know - it is better not to make any more bad blood with the EFL. Plus things can be said by others who will also be listened to.

Edited by RoyMac5

2 minutes ago, YouRams said:

Where are we North Korea? Whats the worst that can happen we have every possible sanction against us in place already, if something doesnt happen soon itll be too late.

Other than a monetary fine there's nowt else that could be done, I'd love it for him to lambast those at the EFL, I just don't see it happening, Maybe Kim Jong Un could aim a rocket at a place in Bolton

21 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

Rooney was honest, he’s clearly fighting but tonight he sounded like he was just a little flat in his appeals for help. The spirit is still there, but everything he said in that interview was off field is out of his control and he/we need help; it just didn’t sound quite as bullish and defiant to me.

He deserves so much more, he’s working miracles to keep the belief there but I really do think he knows we are facing a stacked deck.

7 minutes ago, rammieib said:

So here is thought given the EFL’s apparent slight change in the last 24 hours.

Does the PB actually become the bidder who is prepared to take on the risk that comes out of the arbitration on both claims? So we’re no longer at the point of the highest bidder but the fact there may only be one willing to take on the claims risk?

Or if both of them refuse, we are quite simply at liquidation point whilst the club flog off assets this month to recoup money.

Of one of them says yes, then literally what’s to stop the PB going through on Monday and is that PB in a position to transfer working capital to avoid a fire sale.

Nobody knows. The administrators should just say exactly whats going on. The only way this gets solved from what I can see is if the EFL change their stance or one of the bidders just takes on the risk. Otherwise I dont see how we get out of this, selling assets is not going to see us through. But its a ridiculous situation, we have credible parties that want the club. We should be allowed to get it done.