The Administration Thread

Boycie

29 minutes ago, one_chop said:

The good ship Liquidation is coming into port folks. There's going to be mutiny tomorrow so be prepared for a wave of disappointment.

You’re determined for this to happen so you can play ‘I told you so’ 

I have very good reason to firmly believe that Mike Ashley is the preferred bidder and the administrator's decided that on Thursday. If the EFL are still asking for proof of funds I can only think that could be because his bid was very late and the proof has not yet been delivered to the EFL. If so, given his position, I would hope that the required proof will be provided quickly and approval will be forthcoming as soon as possible. I hope that we will know more today and our frustrations will quickly disappear.

After the worries of the last four months, let us hope that is the case. It seems encouraging that in the latest news, Middlesbrough and Wycombe have not been mentioned. Also, from what we have previously been told by the administrators, it would seem that the Appleby, Gadsby and Kirchner bids had already provided proof of funds, which also points towards the Ashley bid being the preferred one.

2 minutes ago, Brailsford Ram said:

I have very good reason to firmly believe that Mike Ashley is the preferred bidder and the administrator's decided that on Thursday. If the EFL are still asking for proof of funds I can only think that could be because his bid was very late and the proof has not yet been delivered to the EFL. If so, given his position, I would hope that the required proof will be provided quickly and approval will be forthcoming as soon as possible. I hope that we will know more today and our frustrations will quickly disappear.

After the worries of the last four months, let us hope that is the case. It seems encouraging that in the latest news, Middlesbrough and Wycombe have not been mentioned. Also, from what we have previously been told by the administrators, it would seem that the Appleby, Gadsby and Kirchner bids had already provided proof of funds, which also points towards the Ashley bid being the preferred one.

Really do hope so

5 minutes ago, Brailsford Ram said:

But it’s not proof of funds of the preferred bidder - it’s proof that the Administration can keep the club going until the season’s end and until they provide proof Rooney cannot sign players and the likelihood is the club will need to sell players to generate some money to run the Club to the season’s end. That’s the issue. It’s the EFL playing hardball. Again. 

3 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

But it’s not proof of funds of the preferred bidder

But the preferred bid should provide an assurance that the bidder will guarantee funds that can see us through the remainder of the season. We'll see.

6 minutes ago, Brailsford Ram said:

But the preferred bid should provide an assurance that the bidder will guarantee funds that can see us through the remainder of the season. We'll see.

Unless the preferred bidder is happy to buy an even more depleted club because it will be cheaper to buy. That’s the key point. Why would they spend £50 m if they can get it in 5 months time for £25 m? 

27 minutes ago, Brailsford Ram said:

When you say you have very good reason to firmly believe, do you mean you have it on good authority, or is it just your spidey senses telling you its Ashley?

2 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

Unless the preferred bidder is happy to buy an even more depleted club because it will be cheaper to buy. That’s the key point. Why would they spend £50 m if they can get it in 5 months time for £25 m? 

It’s buy now or explode later - the debt is too big and we only have players that are assets so if we sell them there is nothing to buy 

wait until tomorrow evening before any concerns Mount with no information 

6 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

If the preferred bidder is not prepared to do everything possible to avoid the club being relegated this season and is prepared to gamble on our future, I would suggest that the administrators have made the wrong choice. I do not believe that to be the case.

4 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

When you say you have very good reason to firmly believe, do you mean you have it on good authority, or is it just your spidey senses telling you its Ashley?

No, I am not an altogether ITK person, just a fan of 61 years who has a lot of connections. In this instance I have been told something by someone who is ITK about the current process and is extremely close to what is happening. I trust what has been said. I would have been equally happy if Andy Appleby was the preferred bidder. Like all of us, I simply want reassurance. Some sort of reassurance was all I was trying to impart. Let's just see what today brings and hope for the best. Check my previous posts I am not someone who speculates.

And (almost) everyone could be correct. 

If it is Ashley and he came to the game late in the day then he may not have yet given the efl the financial security they need to be comfortable that we will play all our matches this season - integrity of the competition etc  Other bidders may have done that  

so it might be that any announcement later is that, subject to certain conditions being met, Ashley will be the owner. That’ll be fine. 

Hopefully, but we don’t know, negotiations with creditors and other interested parties will already be well developed. That will still need to be finally agreed and will take some time. How long depends on how they go. And they could go wrong. But in the meantime the preferred owner has every interest in keeping us competitive. For this season and into next. 

59 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

Thing is, that is exactly Mike Ashley's approach to business. I'd fully expect him to draw things out as long as is humanly (or perhaps even humanely) possible. 

The more depleted we are the cheaper we are - HE can take that risk of us being relegated, if we are  it just means he'll be viewed as more of a success if he gets us back up.competing for PL riches,.however if we don't satisfy his conditions for a takeover he can pull out and focus elsewhere with no skin removed from his nose at all.

Ultimately if he can take over Derby County as it is, wherever we are league wise he will know that there are certain things he can count on.. namely our dedicated fanbase and reputation and history as a club.

My complaint about Newcastle fans approach to Ashley was based in their onfield activities (and their hypocrisy in the perception of the new owners Vs their perception of him) but in terms of the overall picture of the club I can see how their gripes were formed.

Edited by Coconut's Beard

3 hours ago, Malty said:

all that remains is that we have to find enough funds to support the club until the end of the season. I can only assume that the club and or administrators can do this. Although

Maybe the admins need to ask MSD to commit funds ? Or perhaps MM will provide a backstop ? Problem we’ve got I think is: preferred buyer won’t commit funds until they know Gibson can’t stop the takeover 

3 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

Maybe the admins need to ask MSD to commit funds ? Or perhaps MM will provide a backstop ? Problem we’ve got I think is: preferred buyer won’t commit funds until they know Gibson can’t stop the takeover 

Not sure how it works but I don’t think we are allowed to borrow more money when we are already in debt. That’s why we need a non-refundable deposit.

way i interpreted Percy’s article I reckon it will be Appleby and co. who are stated as the preferred bidders.

although i would of preferred big Mike, I’m sound with that.

Just hope that it can all be wrapped up ASAP, sick of all this poo. ducked up my mental health, dunno what I’d do without Derby County