The Administration Thread

Boycie

3 minutes ago, angieram said:

The article seems to be suggesting that the proof of funds is needed before we can move forward on anything, but surely if the EFL approves a buyer we will have the funds? 

It seems to be implying that we need to provide proof of funds without a buyer in place? Why would the EFL do that?

Just to scupper us extending contractors, signing people I assume. Assume those making derisory offers for players kicked off as we didnt agree. Assume they will just show what they showed last time we had to prove the same thing as we've hardly splashed the cash since have we? As soon as Wayne mentioned EFL having to sign off had my doubts!!!

7 minutes ago, angieram said:

The article seems to be suggesting that the proof of funds is needed before we can move forward on anything, but surely if the EFL approves a buyer we will have the funds? 

It seems to be implying that we need to provide proof of funds without a buyer in place? Why would the EFL do that?

If dcfc haven’t got a buyer or not put one forward, then of course the EFL would ask for proof we can finish the season.

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

Says almost nothing that could be considered 'new' and is all conjecture. Of course the Admin would have to provide 'proof of funds' #shitstirring

https://uk.sports.yahoo.com/news/Derby-county-administrators-asked-show-182121618.html

WTF? So we have been waiting for EFL to approve our re-signing of a player already on our books on a wage well below his pay grade and they have said no? 

And people wonder why fans are singing Duck the EFL? 

9 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

Just to scupper us extending contractors, signing people I assume. Assume those making derisory offers for players kicked off as we didnt agree. Assume they will just show what they showed last time we had to prove the same thing as we've hardly splashed the cash since have we? As soon as Wayne mentioned EFL having to sign off had my doubts!!!

I'm no "expert" but I would think that if we have reached the point of naming a Prefered bidder the EFL would quite rightly want to see proof of funds before proceeding. Wouldnt previous proof of funds just have been shown to the administrators to weed out tyre kickers ?   I may well be erroneous but I don't think there is any dark malevolence here , just protocol to ensure the new ow er can carry us forward

Well I'm hoping all the people saying it's "just Percy being negative" or "standard procedure from the EFL" are correct, because it sounds a big deal to me.

My total guess is that we have a preffered bidder but because we are so far away from an actual deal that can be signed the EFL have said absolutely NO to any new signings or contract extensions unless Quantuma provide proof of funds for the remainder of the season. Seeing as quantuma have funds until the end of Jan that will be difficult.

Unless I am getting this all wrong and the proof of funds will come from a non-refundable deposit, ie: the 5 million we have mentioned before.

2 minutes ago, Gritstone Ram said:

So are the EFL saying they need proof of funds if we don’t get taken over? 
Isn’t it the whole point of someone buying the club to ensure we have the funds and if it doesn’t go through we’re ducked. Proper ducked.

The EFL are telling the admin team how to do their job. Just as they were telling our independent professional valuers how to value a football stadium.

Total duck jobs.

29 minutes ago, angieram said:

Exactly. Barstewards making it up as they go.

6 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Well I'm hoping all the people saying it's "just Percy being negative" or "standard procedure from the EFL" are correct, because it sounds a big deal to me.

My total guess is that we have a preffered bidder but because we are so far away from an actual deal that can be signed the EFL have said absolutely NO to any new signings or contract extensions unless Quantuma provide proof of funds for the remainder of the season. Seeing as quantuma have funds until the end of Jan that will be difficult.

Unless I am getting this all wrong and the proof of funds will come from a non-refundable deposit, ie: the 5 million we have mentioned before.

This (Telegraph ? even if true) has no bearing directly on naming a preferred bidder right? Surely admin don’t need permission to name their preference.

Need to check they have funds (which we know was requirement to see books).

Need to pass fit and proper test. Difficult to see an issue with the named individuals..

Could be a small delay to resigning Jags at worse? (Optimism gland swelling this evening) ?

8 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

It's just hard to work out what this is about.

If its the EFL dotting i's and crossing t's then fair enough, given our recent financial track record. But if the EFL are deliberately putting last minute road blocks in then I fear the worse.

Right. Or are they forcing a fire sale to exact their pound of flesh? Their members will have been consulted on this. 

Edited by Ellafella

1 minute ago, Ellafella said:

Right. Or are they forcing a fire sale to exact their pound of flesh?

No they are applying the rules to the letter of their laws, so "Computer says no"

I am surmising to ensure the jolly japster from Smokey town does not threaten to sue them.

1 minute ago, Charlotte Ram said:

No they are applying the rules to the letter of their laws, so "Computer says no"

I am surmising to ensure the jolly japster from Smokey town does not threaten to sue them.

But they’re delaying procedures when we haven’t got time on our hands. Unnecessarily…because a preferred bidder surely wouldn’t want the Club to liquidate when they’re trying to buy it in its current state.