New owners. Who and when?

Bosshogg

Sorry if this is already on a different thread but reading the latest bbc report has got me thinking. The administration team are quoted as saying to BBC Radio Derby on Sunday they were ‘hopeful of the club getting out of administration by the end of January’. So does that mean no new owners until mid/late January? Surely that will be too late to get any meaningful business done. 
The level of debt is staggering and why would any business man get involved at this stage without some form of loyalty/love for the club. There’s playing the long game then there’s this! Even if you envisioned making the prem in 5 years the numbers don’t add up and it’s a big if. I’ve just got the feeling of dread in the pit of my stomach. The on field results have been very good particularly the last two games but honestly I’m more worried we won’t have a club anymore.
So that’s it, now make me feel better about things fellow rams fans! 

1 minute ago, Bosshogg said:

Sorry if this is already on a different thread but reading the latest bbc report has got me thinking. The administration team are quoted as saying to BBC Radio Derby on Sunday they were ‘hopeful of the club getting out of administration by the end of January’. So does that mean no new owners until mid/late January? Surely that will be too late to get any meaningful business done. 
The level of debt is staggering and why would any business man get involved at this stage without some form of loyalty/love for the club. There’s playing the long game then there’s this! Even if you envisioned making the prem in 5 years the numbers don’t add up and it’s a big if. I’ve just got the feeling of dread in the pit of my stomach. The on field results have been very good particularly the last two games but honestly I’m more worried we won’t have a club anymore.
So that’s it, now make me feel better about things fellow rams fans! 

The Crouch review recommends a fairer distribution between EPL and EFL.

The latest BBC report says we are still losing money but that is partly because season ticket sales were paid in advance/ carried over, so there is currently little no new money coming in. Otherwise we woud be profitable as a Championship team, leave alone a Premier league payola team. .

10 minutes ago, Bosshogg said:

Any new signings. I’m sure Rooney has a list of players ready but too late in the window those targets may already have found new clubs. 

IMHO I think it will be hellishly difficult to get new players into the club in January, new owners or not, which is why I queried your comment as I can see outgoings though.

25 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

IMHO I think it will be hellishly difficult to get new players into the club in January, new owners or not, which is why I queried your comment as I can see outgoings though.

It will be difficult unless we get generous help from a premiership big boy for example Man City might go, Liam Delap will get good game time in a competitive team trying to play football at a place he knows with no travel difficulties for him, and allow us just to pay a peppercorn wage.

I could see Belick Jozwiak and Marshall all leaving potentially in January with Rooney’s blessing whilst Lawrence might with a decent bid as well.

1 hour ago, PistoldPete said:

The Crouch review recommends a fairer distribution between EPL and EFL.

The latest BBC report says we are still losing money but that is partly because season ticket sales were paid in advance/ carried over, so there is currently little no new money coming in. Otherwise we woud be profitable as a Championship team, leave alone a Premier league payola team. .

The timing of your cash flows does not determine whether your are profitable or not.

42 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

With new owners and some money I’d have thought getting a squad in would be a priority for a new owner?
Outgoings without a new owner are guaranteed sadly. 

2 hours ago, Tyler Durden said:

Yes, being realistic, this is the most likely scenario. Very sad, but that's where we are....

2 hours ago, Bosshogg said:

With new owners and some money I’d have thought getting a squad in would be a priority for a new owner?
Outgoings without a new owner are guaranteed sadly. 

We won't be making significant deals as we are not allowed to use money in transfers or in loans.

2 hours ago, norwichram said:

Anyone in mind? 

I can certainly see Arsenal taking Bielik back for the 3 million we owe them for this season and flogging him on the same day for  5 to a club at the arse end of the premier table or someone with a bit of parachute money to take a chance on his knee -  if they get 10 games before he breaks down staying up or promotion is cash well spent.  Always seemed a bit strange them deferring payment due. 

And there's always Burnley who are two years behind with their customary signing from us at £1.50.

As it stands, as long as we get a new owner sorted and are out of administration by the start of Feb at the latest, we'll be fine.

As already mentioned, we can't spend money on transfer fees and loans regardless. There might be a few new freebies knocking around after the transfer window ends with players who didn't get a move by the transfer deadline cancelling their contracts to get a move. It'd still be nice to find a striker...