Petition to strip Melvyn of his CBE

Charlie George

23 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

Stop being ridiculous. 

Sorry Gboro what is ridiculous? seriously? Isn’t the op ridiculous? I think so . 

unless there is evidence not currently in the public domain there is exactly 0.000% chance of any committee forcing Mel Morris to give up his Cbe no matter how many deluded people sign a petition.

1 hour ago, Turk Thrust said:

Let’s not forget that he was awarded the CBE for his contribution to business and charity.

His contribution to charitable causes includes buying a £1.2m robotic surgeon for the Royal Derby Hospital.

He also supported the Colin Bloomfield Melanoma Appeal, set up in memory of the BBC Radio Derby broadcaster who died from skin cancer in 2015.

Well exactly . And his services to many businesses too. 

His “business “ at Derby was not a success. But it was loss making when he took over. It’s not as if he was a Philip green taking out  millions in dividends . Actually the opposite. He poured lots of money into The club. Spent it very badly it’s true but it was all his money until COVID and Efl wrecked everything.

sone people need to give their heads a big wobble. 

1 hour ago, Turk Thrust said:

Let’s not forget that he was awarded the CBE for his contribution to business and charity.

His contribution to charitable causes includes buying a £1.2m robotic surgeon for the Royal Derby Hospital.

He also supported the Colin Bloomfield Melanoma Appeal, set up in memory of the BBC Radio Derby broadcaster who died from skin cancer in 2015.

His contribution to charity has been fantastic. Needs separating from the mess he’s left Derby in ( not just him- why is the financial manager / CEO getting off lightly??). 

52 minutes ago, Coconut's Beard said:

There exists a petition. There exists a topic discussing it.

There exist people who will want to sign it. There exist people who won't.

A topic on a message board about something that exists isn't promoting of the idea said thing.

It's just a point of discussion.

Good Lord!

There exists people who are deeply embarrassed by the existence of the petition. Not only is it petty and misguided , it can’t even get consistently right what the honour is .., a Cbe or an mbe? Or what the honour was for? Business and charity I believe. So if we strip him of his award for business does he get to keep it for charity anyway?

seriously ridiculous and I say the fact it is openly being promoted and defended on this forum is almost as bad.

@PistoldPete I can't see anyone openly defending it on here, and the OP isn't exactly promoting it.

Lots of us have said we are against it so if anything the thread is demonstrating that a majority of fans are against signing it.

But we live in a society of free speech and your attempts to close down the discussion because you disagree, are what's causing the thread to keep getting bumped to the top of the board.

If you'd just had your say and left it at that it would be wallowing halfway down page two by now! 

1 minute ago, angieram said:

@PistoldPete I can't see anyone openly defending it on here, and the OP isn't exactly promoting it.

Lots of us have said we are against it so if anything the thread is demonstrating that a majority of fans are against signing it.

But we live in a society of free speech and your attempts to close down the discussion because you disagree, are what's causing the thread to keep getting bumped to the top of the board.

If you'd just had your say and left it at that it would be wallowing halfway down page two by now! 

I haven’t attempted to close the discussion down at all angie. I am very strongly of the view that free speech is important. Just asking and getting no real answers where the line is between personal abuse and something that is allowed. I have had less offensive posts deleted.

the petition is based on an untruth . Morris Cbe was for services to business and to charity . Yet the petition said to be on behalf of rams fans omits the charity bit . It doesn’t fit with the narrative that the club owed a few grand to a charity whilst Morris donated multiple millions to charity when he had the dosh.  It lets forget that bit because what we want is Morris head on a stick.

2 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

I haven’t attempted to close the discussion down at all angie. I am very strongly of the view that free speech is important. Just asking and getting no real answers where the line is between personal abuse and something that is allowed. I have had less offensive posts deleted.

the petition is based on an untruth . Morris Cbe was for services to business and to charity . Yet the petition said to be on behalf of rams fans omits the charity bit . It doesn’t fit with the narrative that the club owed a few grand to a charity whilst Morris donated multiple millions to charity when he had the dosh.  It lets forget that bit because what we want is Morris head on a stick.

No, what the people who set up the petition want is Mel Morris's head on a stick, not "we". There is no "we" in this and the very small number of people who have signed it demonstrates that.

I think the petition says more about those people than it does about Mel Morris and I think the vast majority of us can see that.

If anything it has exposed how ludicrous and over the top some of the criticism is. 

4 minutes ago, angieram said:

No, what the people who set up the petition want is Mel Morris's head on a stick, not "we". There is no "we" in this and the very small number of people who have signed it demonstrates that.

I think the petition says more about those people than it does about Mel Morris and I think the vast majority of us can see that.

If anything it has exposed how ludicrous and over the top some of the criticism is. 

Currently 478 people have signed it. That's something like 2% of the average home gate this season. Visualise what that looks like inside Pride Park. You'd barely able to see them from the other end.

18 minutes ago, angieram said:

Fair comment angie. 

11 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

Currently 478 people have signed it. That's something like 2% of the average home gate this season. Visualise what that looks like inside Pride Park. You'd barely able to see them from the other end.

And how many of those are rams fans? Plenty of Morris haters out there who aren’t rams fans.

49 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

You insinuate that those who signed the petition are in the North Stand or South Stand are you ITK?

I reckon it's more likely to be the militants in the Southwest Upper myself.