From fighting -12 point deduction to acceptance of -21

Curtains

2 minutes ago, Dean (hick) Saunders said:

Just noticed that 12 and 21 is just the same numbers placed in different order. 

Get amusement where you can… if you don’t laugh you cry…

COYR

Could be 4 half dozen yet 

In all seriousness this is a capitulation to the EFL 

How we have fallen 

Edited by Curtains

What bargining tools did we have?...Covid-19, I thought it was a more than average chance we would win or at least a reduction.

What tools did the EFL have at their disposal?...the ability to see us go out of exsistence.

Will we find out what went off behind closed doors? who knows!, From what I thought was a good position, Turned out to be Hobsons choice.

Where does the blame lie? The football system that we play in imo, Chase that dream and win all looks good, Chase it and lose...well, We lost.

Interesting times ahead this next few months, All at DCFC will get my full support, Either at the ground or sat at home on a match day.

COYRs

What were you expecting? There's no precedent of any team reducing their 12 points for admin, is there? The COVID argument was paper thin given we were pi**ing away money Mel's entire reign, having to sell our stadium at one point just to pass FFP.

And after they shafted us with the appeal debacle we were then always going to face a points deduction, give our revised amortisation policy? 

2 hours ago, Rammy03 said:

It's frustrating but I don't really think we had a leg to stand on. Mel used that amortisation policy to get around FFP, he sold the ground to get around FFP. Let's face it he has run the club into the ground.

Brentford used data analytics to get around FFP. They sold players to get around FFP. As far as I know they are both within the rules and so is selling the stadium and amortising player values.

30 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

Brentford used data analytics to get around FFP. They sold players to get around FFP. As far as I know they are both within the rules and so is selling the stadium and amortising player values.

Yes we were cleared of the charge relating to the stadium sale. I thought the charge we've been found guilty of is related to our amortisation. If we had used the policy the EFL wanted us to, we would have fallen foul of FFP.

Edited by Rammy03

Raking over old coals obviously, but the greatest feat the EFL have been able to pull is seemingly punishing us for the same issue time and time again… embargoes, fines, resubmission of accounts and now FFP - all from a minor error in our approach to accounting that isn’t even clear was against to the rules, we were found not guilty of breaking the rules, we were fined for, albeit begrudgingly, and had been agreed by the EFL.  Obviously, the 12 points for administration os a different catastrophic kettle of fish, but the consequences of this pretty minor breach seem to be the gift that keeps giving (for the EFL).  

(and forgive me if any of that is factually incorrect! I feel the need to be incoherently angry about things and am flailing around for targets!)

Edited by LazloW

19 minutes ago, LazloW said:

Raking over old coals obviously, but the greatest feat the EFL have been able to pull is seemingly punishing us for the same issue time and time again… embargoes, fines, resubmission of accounts and now FFP - all from a minor error in our approach to accounting that isn’t even clear was against to the rules, we were found not guilty of breaking the rules, we were fined for, albeit begrudgingly, and had been agreed by the EFL.  Obviously, the 12 points for administration os a different catastrophic kettle of fish, but the consequences of this pretty minor breach seem to be the gift that keeps giving (for the EFL).  

(and forgive me if any of that is factually incorrect! I feel the need to be incoherently angry about things and am flailing around for targets!)

I think the only minor inaccuracy in your post is that the EFL did not object to our amortisation approach, rather than they agreed with it. 

I'm just panicking now that the FCA might now decide to haul me over the coals and lock me away for the issue that was investigated by the fsa in 2004 and no further action was decided upon. 

Clearly I was bang to rights and should be made an example of. It's a disgrace that people like me are allowed to walk the streets, frankly. 

?