Charlton Athletic and Ipswich Town to sue Derby County

9 minutes ago, ImARam2 said:

On the basis of the above parties wishing to 'jump-on-the-bandwagon', and sue Derby County FC, the travelling community have now brought a law suit against the then owners, heirs, and subsequent football club who later bought the Baseball Ground, for their unlawful removal of their land and homes in 1895, which is against the United Nations Human Rights Resolution for all peoples of any ethnic minority, culture, or religion to have a rightful existence and a permanent home of their own.

The compensation level will be set by the UK Law Lords who will visit the site of the present Baseball Ground, and will set the level of payment based on the present land value of that site.

However, a spokesperson for the group, whose existence is now to travel the country living in caravans and pitching up on any available empty space available, preferably recreational grounds and supermarket car parks, state that it is not unreasonable to expect in the region of £50 million, based on the value of the present football ground at Pride Park.

I saw what you did there.  You little tinker!  

9 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Popadopoulos mum is suing us for all the extra sheets, pants and sticky socks she's having to wash whenever she ventures into her sons basement boudoir.  This Wycombe thing alones cost a fivers worth of wash powder and used tissues since  last night.  

You wait until we label our December game a relegation 6 pointer.

And it would seem Watford are also suing Derby for untold stress to a number of their fans caused by a lone Rams supporter* hiding away in the Vicarage home end and jumping for joy when Gabbiadini scored the winner in Feb 1994.

"Some of our supporters have never been the same" said a hornet spokesman "we need to wring as much as we can out of them.  Traumatised they were.  Never been to a game since. If we'd had their support there's no way City would have put 6 passed us.....twice. We blame Derby".

*me

This thread has reminded me of an incident in season 1991/92 which has vexed me every since. Middlesbrough finished 2 points ahead of Derby in second place so got automation promotion. Derby finished third and in the play off's, they went on and lost to Blackburn in the semifinals.

However on the last day of the season Middlesbrough were away to Wolves but it was discovered that for some reason there had been a break in at Molineux and live bullets had been left on the pitch.

So the whole pitch and I assume the stadium had to be searched to insure nothing else suspicious had been left.

Leading to a delay in allowing fans into the stadium and subsequently a delay to the matching starting. Meaning Derby's game finished well ahead of the game at Molineux. Derby had beaten Swindon 2-1(with Derby having a better goal difference) but with Middlesbrough knowing Derby's result they would have known how to play out the rest of there game to gain promotion.

I never did get to hear what the bullets on the pitch was all about, but I do remember thinking at the time it was very convenient for one team to know the others result.

Edited by Maxwell Baxter
missed word

10 minutes ago, Steve Buckley’s Dog said:

What a great day that was. They don’t make him them like that anymore. The days when opposition clubs were unhappy with events rather than suing left right and centre for their own inadequacies. Oh Bobby Bobby…

IIRC Malcolm MacDonald demanded the game be replayed and Fulham fans resented it so much that they called the 17/18 play-off semi-final as "revenge for '83".

So, yeah, they took it well! 

22 minutes ago, Crewton said:

IIRC Malcolm MacDonald demanded the game be replayed and Fulham fans resented it so much that they called the 17/18 play-off semi-final as "revenge for '83".

So, yeah, they took it well! 

Yes, their older pre Keegan fans did seem to remember it. Can’t really blame them I suppose! I remember Peter Taylor on Star Soccer with a fat cigar saying he would be happy to replay it, knowing that all other results had gone our way so it didn’t matter. The days when football was football and not decided by accountants and billionaires funding clubs from money stolen from the people. Much better having haulage operators and snooker promoters.