Alan Nixon Breaks Silence on American Billionaire Bid

Kernow

2 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

Does anyone actually feel worried regarding liquidation? I don't know if I'm numb to it all now, but whilst I hope that we get taken over and everything normalises and we can concentrate on the football again, with a steady team in League One and a competitive side with minimal off-the-field drama. 

The journey of a non-league club provides a different source of entertainment, a rebranding, a fan-led phoenix club... we will always have a club in Derby and it's important to take heart in that. If the fans continue to stick together, I'm really open to whatever the outcome.

A large chunk of fanbase would be lost, may support other teams or stop liking football. Especially if name is changed drastically or there the new team is not 100 per cent synonymous with DCFC. Could be years to achieve a good level again. Pride Park could be turned into flats. Fans may not stick together, could be divergent phoenix teams set up? Could be another source of conflict. No positives for me.

The signs aren't looking particularly good are they?

My guess is HMRC have said NO to Any sort of deal.

The term "bidders" is now "interested parties" and the timescale for announcing preffered bidder has been put back, surely because there aren't actually any bidders to choose from at this stage.

1 hour ago, PistoldPete said:

Preferred bidder was supposed to be selected in three to four weeks. That was about six weeks ago. 

looks like three to four weeks is the new 48 hours.

According to the minutes from the meeting with the Rams Trust on 24th November, a preferred bidder was “expected” to be identified within 2 or 3 weeks.

5 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

The term "bidders" is now "interested parties" and the timescale for announcing preffered bidder has been put back, surely because there aren't actually any bidders to choose from at this stage.

Well the administrators won’t mess around, that’s for sure. If there is no where to go they will just wind us up.

It won’t be a long drawn out death..

3 hours ago, Crewton said:

Why don't you ask me what I think, instead of presuming? 

FWIW, I've no idea what the attitude of any player will be if there's interest from other clubs, but clearly their value to DCFC depends on length of contract remaining, their attitude towards remaining at the club and the level of competition for their signature. A new owner may be able to convince them to stick around, but I don't expect illogical loyalty from any of them, even though deserting a sinking ship isn't the noblest of actions. Any that do show such loyalty will have my undying admiration. 

Sorry, i wasn't presuming and yes i could have worded it better but i don't think anyone would blame them leaving to advance their careers if the opportunities arose. 

21 minutes ago, TheresOnlyWanChope said:

A large chunk of fanbase would be lost, may support other teams or stop liking football. Especially if name is changed drastically or there the new team is not 100 per cent synonymous with DCFC. Could be years to achieve a good level again. Pride Park could be turned into flats. Fans may not stick together, could be divergent phoenix teams set up? Could be another source of conflict. No positives for me.

What is that community order thing is the Rams Trust put on the stadium?

1 hour ago, PistoldPete said:

Preferred bidder was supposed to be selected in three to four weeks. That was about six weeks ago. 

looks like three to four weeks is the new 48 hours.

Yes but wasn’t that window essentially extended because it took the EFL so long to finally sort out the points deduction? 

B&W Together tweeted yesterday preferred bidder should be by end of next week. 

20 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Just change your name to MackworrhRamistheReaper.

1 hour ago, atherstoneram said:

So you think the youngsters,who everyone is lauding over and saying what exciting players they are,eg. Bird,Knight and a couple of others will want to drop down a league. Other clubs in the Championship and possibly the PL will show an interest and they will be off and who could blame them.

Possibly but not necessarily. Depends if we have a new owner and we don’t need to sell. We will at least be able to get a fairer market value for them if they do decide to leave.

If the new owner can sell a vision to the players worth sticking around for ie. sensible investment targeting promotion back to the championship at the earliest opportunity but with an eye on being competitive again in the championship once back, some could stay. Lallana and Schneiderlain at Southampton I keep coming back to, similar age to what Bird and Knight are now, relegated from championship with Southampton, stayed with them for 2 seasons in League 1 and one season in the championship before playing for them in the premier league, then got their big moves.

It’s only a foregone conclusion they go if the ownership situation isn’t sorted in January and then to be honest we have bigger problems. Lawrence will probably go alongside Jozwiak (hopefully), Bielik in the summer if he proves his fitness, but if the ownership situation is sorted the others could be convinced to stay, I believe we have a contract option on Buchanan for example.

No prospect of an owner in January (which everyone outside of the people who actually know what’s going on is predicting because it’s a bigger headline) then and only then the wiganesque fire sale will happen and to be honest we would have bigger problems 

2 minutes ago, Gritstone Ram said:

What is that community order thing is the Rams Trust put on the stadium?

Without a football team to play in it, prospective developers will lobby to have it removed and the current winds in planning are very much "well if you want to make a bob or two you crack right on billy boy, just make a donation to party funds"

1 minute ago, Ramos said:

Yes but wasn’t that window essentially extended because it took the EFL so long to finally sort out the points deduction? 

B&W Together tweeted yesterday preferred bidder should be by end of next week. 

Sorry just spotted their latest message! @PistoldPete think youre right ?

37 minutes ago, TheresOnlyWanChope said:

I'm with you here 100%. 

41 minutes ago, TheresOnlyWanChope said:

Agree with you

17 minutes ago, Gritstone Ram said:

Just change your name to MackworrhRamistheReaper.

Trust me my mates laugh at me due to how optimistic I always am about the Rams, I'm always the one saying things will be OK.

Unfortunately I'm just saying it as I see it. I hope my eyes are failing me and I should have gone to specsavers.

6 hours ago, Macintosh said:

I wonder if it is possible to call off administration? It just seems a bigger mess now than it was a month ago, and the administrator's costs are killing us.

There are three, maybe four interested parties now to talk to that weren't around before, nearly all the debt has to be paid anyway, so would it make sense for Mel to start afresh, call off administration, get the 12 points back and increase our chances of staying up? Put everyone out of their misery, him especially. 

He could offer a percentage of the stadium to Dell for that debt, pay off HMRC with his own money, even try a deal still, and then one of the interested parties takes on the rest, they get the club for approx £30million-ish? That would make it a more interesting proposal for all. Morris saves face and still has a part share in the stadium. Surely, somewhere, there is a low-interest loan for £28million to be found?

Or even a share issue, offered to all parties, discounted to Dell.

Is that allowed, you can backtrack, call the whole thing off? The EFL did on Jack Marriott, and the Maikel Kieftenbeld transfer from Birmingham. All those owed money would then get paid in full, including this site.

Maybe we can get Chris Martin back before tomorrow.

Get rid of all the doom and gloom for we all no nothing and that includes the gutter press, liquidation always an option from day one, nothing as changed, for the HMRC they will play hard ball for a time and negotiations will continue and would still expect a deal to be struck.

Wayne as come out and said that he cannot see liquidation and i am sure that he has more information than the Daily Mail, in Wayne i trust, we as fans can only wait and see what will happen, I will stay positive that the club will survive.

I no nothing, same as you stay positive!