Alan Nixon Breaks Silence on American Billionaire Bid

Kernow

38 minutes ago, David said:

Extra leg room, baggage, soon adds up. Strangely today I've finally had a response on twitter and a refund is in process.

Booked Mallorca for last October, we cancelled due to Covid, used a voucher to book for Dublin, in February, flights cancelled, tried to get a refund, nothing for months. Used the voucher to book Almeria to see my Dad, had to cancel that so rebooked for Hamburg, flights cancelled.

Been a mess, each time charged us extras for the leg room and baggage despite the vouchers covering the cost, they only cover the flight cost apparently.

All that must teach you not to buy a ticket that finances Middlesbrough FC in the future 

53 minutes ago, David said:

Extra leg room, baggage, soon adds up. Strangely today I've finally had a response on twitter and a refund is in process.

Booked Mallorca for last October, we cancelled due to Covid, used a voucher to book for Dublin, in February, flights cancelled, tried to get a refund, nothing for months. Used the voucher to book Almeria to see my Dad, had to cancel that so rebooked for Hamburg, flights cancelled.

Been a mess, each time charged us extras for the leg room and baggage despite the vouchers covering the cost, they only cover the flight cost apparently.

Do you really need extra leg room to Hamburg? 

5 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

Have you ever been on Ryan Air, I'm a double amputee and they charged me leg room.

Surely you can put up with your knees touching your chin all the way to Hamburg.

Obviously not you of course. That’s if you’re amputated above the knee.

Edited by Gritstone Ram

I don't want to be negative about another potential incoming owner but there are lots of red flags surrounding him that we had similarly with erik alonso. 

For a start his main company is nowhere close to being big enough to be able to fund a football club, especially one that needs so much money putting into it. 

Secondly the man, judging from his tweets he seems like another man child that craves attention - not a serious businessman.

For me he screams front man for somebody else, which is always slightly concerning

Edited by alram

7 minutes ago, alram said:

I don't want to be negative about another potential incoming owner but there are lots of red flags surrounding him that we had similarly with erik alonso. 

For a start his main company is nowhere close to being big enough to be able to fund a football club, especially one that needs so much money putting into it. 

Secondly the man, judging from his tweets he seems like another man child that craves attention - not a serious businessman.

For me he screams front man for somebody else, which is always slightly concerning

I can see your reasoning, but the administrators wouldn’t allow his interest to progress without proof of funds. I think Erik showed Mel a gold brick and a handful of nuts, in tribute to Stan Laurel.

2 hours ago, plymouthram said:

Yeah Cook is with Kirchner, like I said.

6 minutes ago, hintonsboots said:

I can see your reasoning, but the administrators wouldn’t allow his interest to progress without proof of funds. I think Erik showed Mel a gold brick and a handful of nuts, in tribute to Stan Laurel.

that is true no doubt. They will have done their due dilligence surely.

Just me being paranoid and all in my own head, it's okay having access to money, it doesn't mean he is using that to buy the club. It could easily be a case of the glazers or burnleys new owners structure of buying a club which is what the americans like to do. that would be a disaster for us, you are just swapping debt for more debt.

The capital companies want return on their investment, if they don't get it they will find a way to get it. they don't care about the heritage of a football club.

Edited by alram