January transfer window

Oldben

16 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Admin will be solved first, which should in turn solve HMRC.

We've been in discussions with the EFL over the P&S issues, which I believe is the reason for the delay in submitting the accounts. Get that rumoured penalty resolved and the others points should go away too.

There'll have to be an agreement reached with HMRC before we're allowed by the EFL to exit Administration. The Administrator mentioned in his TalkSport interview that they were due to meet HMRC next week, so that will give them a strong indication of what HMRC's attitude is going to be.

22 minutes ago, Crewton said:

There'll have to be an agreement reached with HMRC before we're allowed by the EFL to exit Administration. The Administrator mentioned in his TalkSport interview that they were due to meet HMRC next week, so that will give them a strong indication of what HMRC's attitude is going to be.

There will have been contact and discussions already between HMRC and the Administrators so they will pretty much know each others starting position. Next week will be the formal meetings to see how close they can get the two positions and hopefully they can agree on the solution. 

On 27/10/2021 at 12:03, Chris_Martin said:

image.png.7bc9c9223c5956428ddef2599368b7ba.png

On 27/10/2021 at 12:12, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

Don’t you just want to ???? his face every time it appears on here??!!

Or is that just my anger management rearing up again ?????

Not just you @Ted McMinn Football Genius I think my arm would break before I got tired of punching him in the face... ?

• 1 month later...
15 minutes ago, Black ('n' White) Sheep said:

As there isn't a transfer suggestions thread for January, I'll post here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Georgie_Kelly

Georgie Kelly, 25, 6'2", centre-forward, coming off the back of scoring an average of around 2 in 3 games in the League of Ireland Premier Division last season, now out of contract. 

Have you seen him play or simply basing your suggestion on his goal scoring record? I have no idea how the quality or style of football in the League of Ireland compares with League 1.

@Tamworthram - Purely on his scoring record. But he seems to know where the back of the net is and anyone that can score is worth giving a chance IMO. There's not many freebies available in Jan.

League of Ireland seems to be a mixed bag... for every Kevin Doyle there's a couple of Conor Sammons!

Edited by Black ('n' White) Sheep

27 minutes ago, Black ('n' White) Sheep said:

@Tamworthram - Purely on his scoring record. But he seems to know where the back of the net is and anyone that can score is worth giving a chance IMO. There's not many freebies available in Jan.

League of Ireland seems to be a mixed bag... for every Kevin Doyle there's a couple of Conor Sammons!

Jack Marriott could put it in the back of the net until he came to Derby

1 hour ago, Black ('n' White) Sheep said:

Our players know where the back of the net is,they just need a sat-nav to find it.

1 hour ago, Tamworthram said:

Have you seen him play or simply basing your suggestion on his goal scoring record? I have no idea how the quality or style of football in the League of Ireland compares with League 1.

And he can Riverdance. 

Georgie Kelly is from my town in Ireland. Went to the school i work in and currently plays for bohs.  He is ok paced, good in the air and has had a good season goal scoring wise and performance wise. 

Apparently Portsmouth are interested in him along with league of Ireland club Derry City. 

If he gets a positive approach from an English team probably league one level he will go. If not he will go to Derry City to be closer to home town and play European football.

Would love it we took a chance on him as the fee would be small along with the wages, ideal for a player we could be interested in (if we went to league one). Problem being that the season has just finished here and won't be starting till mid March ( normally). That won't fit in our timescale as they would want a fee in January. 

15 hours ago, Black ('n' White) Sheep said:

As there isn't a transfer suggestions thread for January, I'll post here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Georgie_Kelly

Georgie Kelly, 25, 6'2", centre-forward, coming off the back of scoring an average of around 2 in 3 games in the League of Ireland Premier Division last season, now out of contract. 

Looking at the name I am Just checking this is a male and not a female ( or does this matter anymore? ) 

Even if we resolve HMRC and Administration there will be nothing to spend so by necessity this is the sort of profile that we need to be looking at, particularly if they are running down a contract. Obviously the majority of these sorts of gambles fail but we are constantly amazed at how other teams find players before they are worth millions and they do it by proper scouting and then taking a punt. I would suggest that being decent in the air and an ability to mix it will be a minimum requirement in League 1 but we need someone who can score a few goals and proven scorers at this level cost money that we don't have so we will have to roll the dice on players like this.

Of course gambles like this need enough slots in the squad too and we may still need someone a bit more proven at League 1 level to replace CKR who is surely not going to be around.

• 1 month later...
3 minutes ago, Rich84 said:

Have they said they have the funding, or is it based on rejecting bids?

The leader of Derby City Council said that Q had told him they thought they'd secured funding (or words to that effect). There's an interview knocking about where he says it.