Derby finally accept 21 point deduction.

taggy180

2 minutes ago, Stive Pesley said:

Mel Morris openly bragged at Fan Forums about how they were constantly trying to find loopholes in the EFL rules to exploit

I genuinely believe that the current level of victimisation we've suffered is a direct result of this - and the need for him to be taught a lesson by the EFL seniors

He was hardly the first or the only club owner to do so though - Leicester, QPR, Watford, Middlesbrough, Forest, Wolves all exploited loopholes. Some of them got financial sanctions paid for by their ill-gotten gains, some of them got no punishment. No other club has been pursued as vigorously or at such length as DCFC. Perhaps we're just unfortunate with timing, but I'd love to see them go after the others with such determination. 

6 hours ago, PistoldPete said:

Derby are affected by EFL saying they are "shocked" we are appealing and if Nixon is right they are again effectivley casting doubt on the merits of Derbys appeal, given the timing of the move... which just stokes up an already angry lynch mob against us.

Lynch mob…? Give me a break..

mel knew the rules, he knew the punishment, he broke the rules, he has to take the punishment. 

2 hours ago, Malty said:

Yes, this could be a positive. i.e. we have a real chance of winning our appeal and the EFL have to get their own rules changed quickly to stop an avalanche of clubs going into administration and claiming force majeur as well.

they have to act quickly to change their own rules accordingly. Meanwhile Derby could actually “get away with it” and be successful on appeal … then ironically support the EFL when they propose a rule change to stop other teams doing the same.

The other irony is that Derby seem to have been the master of identying loopholes and being successful in exploiting them (with the possible exception of amortisation). This one they could have been successful in almost by chance rather than design!!

I have half a mind that in a week or so’s time our points deduction will change to minus 6 … then it’s a case of arguing the other points deduction ….

… and by the way on the other front we have no obligation to file accounts for the previous company that is now in administration … and therefore the efl can’t very easily prove that we have failed prs. Unless of course we decide to be really nice and present them with revised accounts … but why would we do that?

We might get away with minus 6 only. now wouldn’t that be brilliant!

Thoroughly dishonest and dishonourable, but still brilliant!!

55 minutes ago, alexxxxx said:

I doubt the efl would drop the requirement for submission of p&s statements. They'll probably have to drop the requirement for submitting accounts to CH. 

I was going to ask how accurate that bolded statement is... is it anywhere in the rules that clubs that go into admin don't have to submit P&S filings to the EFL? And if there is, isn't there a penalty for not doing so (i.e. transfer embargo)? 

I'd also understood that we have submitted the accounts for the requested period back in August - @Malty, are you referring to the seasons yet to be submitted which could result in additional sanctions?

I'd be hugely surprised if we don't have to submit accounts, both for the non-linear amortization period and the subsequent ones which aren't yet due.

4 minutes ago, San Fran Van Rams said:

I was going to ask how accurate that bolded statement is... is it anywhere in the rules that clubs that go into admin don't have to submit P&S filings to the EFL? And if there is, isn't there a penalty for not doing so (i.e. transfer embargo)? 

I'd also understood that we have submitted the accounts for the requested period back in August - @Malty, are you referring to the seasons yet to be submitted which could result in additional sanctions?

I'd be hugely surprised if we don't have to submit accounts, both for the non-linear amortization period and the subsequent ones which aren't yet due.

Ah yes. You may be right. Mel may have sent revised accounts to the efl. The point that is true is that we no longer have any obligation to file accounts with companies house. Whether there is any loophole we could exploit around the accounts not being submitted to companies house and therefore the accounts we have submitted to the efl is no longer valid according to league rules I don’t know. But I suspect this would be a weak argument in a court of law and perhaps therefore it’s wishful thinking to be trying to wipe off or reduce those points. 

in conclusion perhaps those points - whatever they may are - might be ones we have to suffer. But the positive is that these still aren’t agreed and I believe could still be open to negotiation.

2 hours ago, Unlucky Alf said:

Am I missing something here, Why would it be -6?, If we win our case of Force Majeure why would we be hit with -6 points and not get all 12 back.

Is it we could be hit with either Force or Majeure? with both carrying -6

All I wanted to know is: who promoted Majeure Majeure?

2 hours ago, jono said:

That’s how it should be and probably what is intended; but from the evident attitude of the EFL board I don’t think it is quite the same in practice. If not then how come when DCFC challenge something -  in accordance with that agreed procedure - is the reaction ..   “disappointed” or “with regret” or “shocked” … everything we have done in challenging / appealing is sanctioned by the rules .. surely then board/ruling body should not be commenting in this way .. it should simply be “we accept judgments and actions that have been made/taken according to our procedure.” 

An individual on a committee may have a view but the committee when it speaks should be supportive of its own system. 

Have you got a link to an article please where the EFL stated that they were disappointed/shocked with Derby's decision to challenge/appeal the sanctions made against them, don't remember seeing that one but there's been so much dissemination of information regards our case recently then that's hardly surprising.

3 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Have you got a link to an article please where the EFL stated that they were disappointed/shocked with Derby's decision to challenge/appeal the sanctions made against them, don't remember seeing that one but there's been so much dissemination of information regards our case recently then that's hardly surprising.

The DET reported the EFLs dissapointment...below

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/Derby-county-efl-appeal-fine-5605588

1 hour ago, MuespachRam said:

Lynch mob…? Give me a break..

mel knew the rules, he knew the punishment, he broke the rules, he has to take the punishment. 

What rules did he break? And what rules did he break where  he knew what they were? The IDC said Derby couldn't reasonably have known they were breaking the accounting standard , given that the auditors and the IDC istelf all said it was all OK.

1 hour ago, Tyler Durden said:

Thankyou 

Ther was also a John Percy piece in the Daily Telegraph in which EFL sources were said to be "shocked" by our appeal against points deduction for adminstration. I think the link is somewhere in this thread.

Also EFL's disappointment mentioned in other EFL statements . Totally unprofessional. 

1 hour ago, Tyler Durden said:

The three terms cropped up at various points during out squabble with the EFL in newspaper articles. The only one I haven’t myself seen in print, rather than quoted by an individual is the “shocked” one 

they “regretted” over the stadium sale and from memory were “disappointed” when we got the 100k fine