Derby finally accept 21 point deduction.

taggy180

20 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

I agree Angie. Van Der Moodhoover is spot on with his assessment of EFL. But they are bullies,  totally abusing their power. How does anyone respond to that? Stand up to them and risk just antagonising them as Morris was accused of doing. Or maintain dignified silence? Either way I think  the result is the same. EFL just do what they want and get away with it. I sincerely hope that all regulatory powers are removed from them and vile characters like Parry and Ridsdale are sacked off. But  it will be too late for Derby.  

Not nesscesary mate but I do think not home game we all have to keep behind the lads but we need one mighty big protests against efl with sky cameras back at pp now is the time to let efl that we hate them and we shall not back down we are protecting our club let whole league what efl are doing to us.

57 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Not nesscesary mate but I do think not home game we all have to keep behind the lads but we need one mighty big protests against efl with sky cameras back at pp now is the time to let efl that we hate them and we shall not back down we are protecting our club let whole league what efl are doing to us.

What do you believe that will achieve?

2 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

What do you believe that will achieve?

One

Everybody seems to think we have done wrong we have not and also show them up and force there hand to end anymore points deduction and how they claim not vendentair against our club and we all know there is.

8 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

One

Everybody seems to think we have done wrong we have not and also show them up and force there hand to end anymore points deduction and how they claim not vendentair against our club and we all know there is.

Am not sure what sympathy that would engender from other clubs who probably are of the opinion that we are guilty.

Not sure what this would either achieve with the EFL either other than they perceive this as an attack on them when the points deduction hasn't actually been officially communicated yet.

32 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

One

I think getting behind the lads and developing a siege mentality is exactly right b4. It's probably at the far end of unlikely but how sweet it would be if the team somehow turned round an obscene points deduction and managed to keep us in the Champiosnhip despite all the EFL's worst efforts.

Edited by PistoldPete

1 hour ago, SouthStandDan said:

I've got to the stage now where I'm not really following much of the EFL punishment news anymore. We all know how farcical this has become. I want to get this mess over and done with and I think the prospective new owner has the same mindset, accept the negative points and lets build a solid plan over the next six to eight months. 

If Rooney wants to commit beyond the season then I'm more than happy, if not I fully understand. He's worked as hard as he can to stop this becoming even more of an embarrassment to the club and the supporters. League One is harder than what I think people realise, Ipswich and Sunderland haven't exactly had swift return up the league. Once the takeover is complete, the time being spent planning next season will give us an advantage. 

I'm tired of it, I dont want to see Nixon keep tweeting about us, spoon feeding drivel to make supporters feel worse. Take the nine point hit, rebuild.

I doubt it will end just like that. The hit will probably be felt for quite a few years. 

4 hours ago, cosmic said:

Thanks for clarifying, rammieib. Yeah I’m not suggesting there was any level of “gross misconduct”, that was another post. I was replying to RoyMac5 who said Clement didn’t get the sack for footballing reasons. 

I think it was more ‘off-the-pitch’ than it was on the pitch based on what MM/SP/SR/PT told us that day.

35 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

What still amazes is after all this time is that the only thing we have been found guilty of is not putting proper notes in the accounts when we changed them which were approved by an accoutancy company, by the efl & more accountants - which we got a 100k fine. 

Exactly. This should not be allowed to go on like it is. It's immoral. We should be charged or exonerated. Where are the checks and balances why are the local presa silent. What the hell is going on??? 

Edited by The Scarlet Pimpernel

12 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Exactly. This should not be allowed to go on like it is. It's immoral. We should be charged or exonerated. Where are the checks and balances why are the local presa silent. What the hell is going on??? 

Checks and balances ae the government's responsibility mate, so I wouldn't hold you breath. We're on our own I'm afraid. Ultimately I think this will result in an examination of the EFL rules and the means by which they go about applying them, but that'll come too late for us. We need to take our licks, bounce straight back and be sure to remind the EFL every Saturday afternoon of the high esteem in which we hold them ?

42 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Checks and balances ae the government's responsibility mate, so I wouldn't hold you breath. We're on our own I'm afraid. Ultimately I think this will result in an examination of the EFL rules and the means by which they go about applying them, but that'll come too late for us. We need to take our licks, bounce straight back and be sure to remind the EFL every Saturday afternoon of the high esteem in which we hold them ?

I understand and agree but the time frame is the issue for me. What are we waiting for? 

1 minute ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

I understand and agree but the time frame is the issue for me. What are we waiting for? 

I think it's a case of 'who are we waiting for' and I'd say it'd be the same mob as it's been the last two years. It's not in our interests to delay matters, after all.

30 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

I think it's a case of 'who are we waiting for' and I'd say it'd be the same mob as it's been the last two years. It's not in our interests to delay matters, after all.

Which in itself is deplorable without justification. Why aren't the club shouting about this from the roof tops. Why not make a massive fuss if we have nothing to lose? 

22 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Which in itself is deplorable without justification. Why aren't the club shouting about this from the roof tops. Why not make a massive fuss if we have nothing to lose? 

It does make one wonder. Perhaps, and only perhaps, until very recently, the Club has done little or nothing to help its position. Perhaps, and only perhaps, it is only in recent weeks that there has been a motivation for both the EFL and representatives of the Club to bring everything to the table, to make decisions based on full facts, and to move on. Only perhaps.

38 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

That I can't answer my friend. I'm kinda hoping we're not yet at the point of nothing to lose but as others have pointed out, an administrator's role is to service creditors and not the firm in administration. It's frustrating and unsettling as it stands, but this is where we find ourselves so we need to try and remain patient and support the club and players as best we can. There'll be better days ahead.

Edited by 86 Hair Islands