Derby finally accept 21 point deduction.

taggy180

2 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

You stick with your free flag and cup of coffee and heated concourse.... I would rather him have used that moeny to pay the tax man.... hey ho, we are all different I guess.

You do realise that it's possible to be critical of how Mel Morris has ran the club but also with how the EFL has conducted itself, right?

Edited by lrm14

15 minutes ago, lrm14 said:

You do realise that it's possible to be critical of how Mel Morris has ran the club but also with how the EFL has conducted itself, right?

It's no good blaming the EFL for something that is completely down to MM. He got the club in this mess by his incompetent financial management. 

12 hours ago, kevinhectoring said:

How did we do last season with Bielik on the pitch? Don’t you think Rooney can identify a decent striker who will join in Jan? What are the chances of at least 1 of the 17 - 21 placed teams falling like a stone? Or further points deductions for others? 

I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere else, but are we actually going to be allowed to bring players in for January even if we're taken over?

I'm sure Wayne has his targets already, but they are a bit superfluous if we're still embargoed

30 minutes ago, GenBr said:

I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere else, but are we actually going to be allowed to bring players in for January even if we're taken over?

I'm sure Wayne has his targets already, but they are a bit superfluous if we're still embargoed

I think I read that any club coming out of administration has to agree a business plan with the EFL. What that allows, and how strictly it’s enforced is open to discussion between new owners and the EFL - but should allow some movement on transfers. Wayne has spoken publicly about transfer targets and squad requirements, which I hope means he’s been told we can do some business. 

2 minutes ago, Indy said:

I think I read that any club coming out of administration has to agree a business plan with the EFL. What that allows, and how strictly it’s enforced is open to discussion between new owners and the EFL - but should allow some movement on transfers. Wayne has spoken publicly about transfer targets and squad requirements, which I hope means he’s been told we can do some business. 

He will be like a kid in a sweetshop even if it's controlled having had nothing to work with so far..

2 hours ago, Yani P said:

He actually said on camera he would stay if we were relegated..appreciate anything could happen but can't see him walking away..he might get replaced by new owners but he seems to want to do the job here..

https://www.google.com/amp/s/metro.co.uk/2021/06/25/wayne-rooney-will-abandon-ship-if-Derby-relegated-to-league-one-with-points-deduction-14826561/amp/

51 minutes ago, GenBr said:

haven't seen it mentioned anywhere else, but are we actually going to be allowed to bring players in for January even if we're taken over?

Yes if the admins have their way. They are saying to the EFL: sort all this out, all of it, or the -12 appeal will be heard. The EFL does not want the appeal to be heard, it wants us to agree -12 for administration and to have that published widely for reasons of precedent. A deal is obviously well progressed hence the Atlantic article. Fingers crossed the deal gets done. It needs to cover a wide range of points and so it isn’t done until the OTIB website goes into meltdown 

38 minutes ago, I know nuffin said:

I wonder who came up with the way we changed  amortization method we used. Certainly was not Morris as he is no accountant.

Yes so perhaps he did - cant have been an accountant if it wasnt what we did the year before

Edited by CBRammette

38 minutes ago, Oldben said:

26 minutes ago, Yani P said:

That was in the summer...and it was the Mail lol and we have had a points deduction and he is still here

Clearly scribed by someone who used to be indecisive but is now not so sure...

image.png.dff24f9f4413f4f62f1e1c09c7415ce3.png

12 hours ago, Crewton said:

I've a fair idea he lives abroad, possibly somewhere East, maybe 4+ hours ahead of us - a few clues, particularly the fact that his posts are often after midnight our time. I'm thinking maybe somewhere sad ageing blokes go to exploit young women. I think, therefore, it's unlikely that he gets down the 'Gate' much these days. 

He's Gary Glitter isn't he

Just now, Reggie Greenwood said:

My understanding is that the money has been provided by one of the interested parties and not via “club” funds 

if that is the case I have no issues with the appeal then

although does that turn into debt if he doesn't buy the club?