Tonight’s Attendance

rad1919

12 minutes ago, sage said:

get to the a6 from mickleover and go in on that road should be less affected, up the normo massive

I have to get to Mickleover first, from up J28 M1 and I can't leave til 6pm.

I could avoid altogether but the wife has the tickets. She'll have to get out of Mickleover but is geographically challenged on her own.

I said to her, go to Hilton, join the A50 Eastbound then up the A514 into town. She said "I don't know that way" 

You would think, after 2.5 years, she would have a handle on these things? Maybe i'm expecting too much.

5 minutes ago, ColonelBlimp said:

I could avoid altogether but the wife has the tickets. She'll have to get out of Mickleover but is geographically challenged on her own.

I said to her, go to Hilton, join the A50 Eastbound then up the A514 into town. She said "I don't know that way" 

You would think, after 2.5 years, she would have a handle on these things? Maybe i'm expecting too much.

Yes you are - no doubt she's too exhausted from all that housework to remember that also! Joking by the way before I get attacked. Hope you both get there in time

My boy stuck at a school footy match in sinfin. They've been waiting for 2 hours for the bus up to now to take them back to his school for their bags and so on. We'll grab him from there and try and get there but cant see it happening at the minute given we would still be 30 odd minutes from the ground.  Changed all my work schedule today to be local for this one as well. Left the house at 3.00am to be back mid afternoon. Bloody typical on the day we all desperately want to get behind them. Had the boy in tears. Life ain't easy as a ram these days thats for sure but sincere thoughts and best wishes to anyone with loved ones involved in the carnage. It's only a game for us.

1 minute ago, Ramfambo said:

My boy stuck at a school footy match in sinfin. They've been waiting for 2 hours for the bus up to now to take them back to his school for their bags and so on. We'll grab him from there and try and get there but cant see it happening at the minute given we would still be 30 odd minutes from the ground.  Changed all my work schedule today to be local for this one as well. Left the house at 3.00am to be back mid afternoon. Bloody typical on the day we all desperately want to get behind them. Had the boy in tears. Life ain't easy as a ram these days thats for sure but sincere thoughts and best wishes to anyone with loved ones involved in the carnage. It's only a game for us.

Better late than never. Traffic easing a lot now so nowhere near as bad as it has been 

1 hour ago, ColonelBlimp said:

It took us 20 mins from Belper to Pride Park

2 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

How much of an impact did the traffic issues have? Do we deserve a club if so few go in our hour of need? I didn't go but I don't own a car and can't get back to London after a midweek game. But I feel guilty. Will more come if these battling performances continue? Yet the crowd, when reduced to these numbers as in times gone by, is at their most supportive of the team. As gates swell, it often mutes them, and the moaners return. Is it better right now to have the hard core players and fans in it together? Us against the world.

(from the matchthread in response to the low attendance)

9 hours ago, IronRam 140.6 said:

Can't believe its that low. I've seen what looks like similar fan concentration around the North stand that has been given as 23k +

I was thinking that, Readings attendance (which is completely understandable) won’t have helped, but it looked a lot more than 18k to this untrained eye.