Signs you know you're getting too old too quickly

Bob The Badger

Maybe 4 or 5 years ago I saw someone about my age (45ish) in jeans and thought, give It up brother, jeans aren’t for old people…. Anyway, that day I stopped wearing them, I grabbed a pair out of the wardrobe this weekend and gave them another go…nope, that’s It, I’m too old for jeans…

On 25/10/2021 at 14:39, MuespachRam said:

Maybe 4 or 5 years ago I saw someone about my age (45ish) in jeans and thought, give It up brother, jeans aren’t for old people…. Anyway, that day I stopped wearing them, I grabbed a pair out of the wardrobe this weekend and gave them another go…nope, that’s It, I’m too old for jeans…

Depends on the jeans.

I wear smart jeans for work & tend to wear good quality darkish ones most of the time when I'm out & about (I'm 48).

I take your point if people my age are trying to wear ones that their kids would: faded, torn & either skinny or baggy, depending on the current style.

5 hours ago, Miggins said:

Exactly!?

I actually bought a banana today (yellow and very ripe) after reading your life insurance tale of woe. It's the first time in years I've done so, so thanks for the unintentional reminder.

There are possible frosts forecast next week and I have something like 30 chili plants in the garden and a huge number of not-quite-ready chilis on them, so I'm going to harvest what's nearly ready tomorrow and put them in a large polythene bag, together with the ripe banana. Apparently bananas give off ethylene, which help chilis to ripen even if they are off the plant. 

2 hours ago, Eddie said:

I actually bought a banana today (yellow and very ripe) after reading your life insurance tale of woe. It's the first time in years I've done so, so thanks for the unintentional reminder.

There are possible frosts forecast next week and I have something like 30 chili plants in the garden and a huge number of not-quite-ready chilis on them, so I'm going to harvest what's nearly ready tomorrow and put them in a large polythene bag, together with the ripe banana. Apparently bananas give off ethylene, which help chilis to ripen even if they are off the plant. 

I believe bananas ripen all/most other fruits, hence why they should be stored separately, not in the fruit bowl with other stuff. 

… unless deliberately and intentionally ripening other stuff, of course!  ?