Signs you know you're getting too old too quickly

Bob The Badger

7 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

I was in a pub a couple of years ago and this covers band announced they were going to do a couple of older ones, then did Wonderwall preceded by the proclamation' this one's for the dads'.  

I know what you mean, but they had a point. Wonderwall is  about 26 years ago? So when that came out, it would be like the covers band doing a couple of songs from 1969. ?

4 hours ago, ketteringram said:

I know what you mean, but they had a point. Wonderwall is  about 26 years ago? So when that came out, it would be like the covers band doing a couple of songs from 1969. ?

Makes you think. Big changes from 1969 to 1995 socially, tech, clothing etc. Not so much from 1995 to 2021.

On 31/10/2021 at 18:45, Anag Ram said:

Forgetting who’s alive and who’s dead, both with celebrities and people who were older than me growing up.

My mum’s usually quite a good obituary column but sometimes she forgets to tell me!

Reminds me of the Harry Enfield sketch where the Old Gits are going through the obituaries in the paper and crossing people out in the phone book.

25 minutes ago, BaaLocks said:

When you flush only to realise you're not done

Well yes, that's sort of what I meant

I just proposed it more as some strange little game where you flush the toilet when you think you're maybe 3 seconds from finishing.

A bit like that thing people do where they insist on opening the microwave when it's as close to it pinging as possible!

Edited by Coconut's Beard

11 minutes ago, Coconut's Beard said:

Well yes, that's sort of what I meant

I just proposed it more as some strange little game where you flush the toilet when you think you're maybe 3 seconds from finishing.

A bit like that thing people do where they insist on opening the microwave when it's as close to it pinging as possible!

You’ve opened my eyes to a whole new world…..

14 minutes ago, Gaspode said:

You’ve opened my eyes to a whole new world…..

Me too. Microwaves. What kind of witchcraft is that?

I come from an era when the height of technology was the Thermos flask.

/keeps hot things hot and cold things cold

//got a cup of coffee and a choc-ice in mine.