Kids in pubs

Bob Mash

19 hours ago, Anon said:

Every Sunday afternoon I'd whinge at my dad because I didn't understand why we had to sit in the boring lounge and why we couldn't play pool in the tap room like we usually did. It wasn't until years later I realised it was because that's when the local stripper did her turn.

In retrospect, my dad was right. I really wasn't missing out on anything special.

In the early 2000s there was a stripper night in my local in Gainsborough. One rather rough young man from work was in attendance and was telling everybody at work how good it was. 

When I asked how old the performer was he said "in her forties"

Apologies for the agism but it did little to make me wish I'd been there. Young woman's game, IMO.

Stay classy, Gainsborough. 

Last time I went to a local dining pub there was a table of 3 couples with various kids. The kids were running wild, the serving staff were dodging them skidding about on the floor and pushing each other about. 
When we paid the bill they apologised and didn’t charge for deserts. Never been back since. No objection to kids who sit at the table but those who run wild while the parents get drunk, no no no 

1 hour ago, Ewe Ram said:

Last time I went to a local dining pub there was a table of 3 couples with various kids. The kids were running wild, the serving staff were dodging them skidding about on the floor and pushing each other about. 
When we paid the bill they apologised and didn’t charge for deserts. Never been back since. No objection to kids who sit at the table but those who run wild while the parents get drunk, no no no 

I dont think kids should be at the tables but dogs yes our just lies under the table.

On 04/09/2021 at 11:40, GboroRam said:

In the early 2000s there was a stripper night in my local in Gainsborough. One rather rough young man from work was in attendance and was telling everybody at work how good it was. 

When I asked how old the performer was he said "in her forties"

Apologies for the agism but it did little to make me wish I'd been there. Young woman's game, IMO.

Stay classy, Gainsborough. 

It's when you find out the stripper is his Mum .....

Kids in pubs used to be a great idea, specially Saturday nights or Sunday dinners. 

From what I remember of it, kid sits quietly in corner, watching the crib match, reading the “Green un”, Grandad, Dad or opponents pint empties, said kid is nudged to go up to bar and bring fresh pint every time ones goes empty; being very careful not to spill any or else face being ridiculed by a troop of old geezers, happy to inflict embarrassment at every opportunity.

Cheeky half shandy and/or packets of crisps were a constant reward for doing a good job, try and forget the passive smoking. Rising Sun, Woodville proper pub at the time, nothing wrong with being grounded by salt of the earth types, that had years of stories and mickey taking to impart on an innocent kid.

27 minutes ago, Zag zig said:

Kids in pubs used to be a great idea, specially Saturday nights or Sunday dinners. 

From what I remember of it, kid sits quietly in corner, watching the crib match, reading the “Green un”, Grandad, Dad or opponents pint empties, said kid is nudged to go up to bar and bring fresh pint every time ones goes empty; being very careful not to spill any or else face being ridiculed by a troop of old geezers, happy to inflict embarrassment at every opportunity.

Cheeky half shandy and/or packets of crisps were a constant reward for doing a good job, try and forget the passive smoking. Rising Sun, Woodville proper pub at the time, nothing wrong with being grounded by salt of the earth types, that had years of stories and mickey taking to impart on an innocent kid.

200.gif

Eeh, it were grand.

On 04/09/2021 at 16:05, B4ev6is said:

I dont think kids should be at the tables but dogs yes our just lies under the table.

Ban kids and ban stinking dogs I say.

Dog owners think it’s cute when they meet other dogs and they sniff each other’s bums.

Don’t get me started on what the blummin dogs get up too!

12 minutes ago, Boycie said:

Ban kids and ban stinking dogs I say.

Dog owners think it’s cute when they meet other dogs and they sniff each other’s bums.

Don’t get me started on what the blummin dogs get up too!

Our does not as we dont let him do that and besides if well trained no brother to anyone.

2 hours ago, Boycie said:

I was a dog owner twice, about 20 years total. I never sniffed any of the other dogs I met’s bums and I certainly never encouraged any other dogs I met to sniff my bum! I don’t think it’s cute. 

I didn’t mind when my own dog sniffed me though.