Kids in pubs

Bob Mash

2 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

Kettle of fish? Novel way of cooking them. Is there a residual after taste with your pg tips? 

I'll excuse you on the basis that like us Souterners, your man servant probably prepares your salmon for you ?

Fish kettles are the long saucepans that have been used since the 17th century to poach fish, especially large fish like whole salmon. ... "It is customary for the gentlemen who live near the Tweed to entertain their neighbours and friends with a Fete Champetre [a picnic], which they call giving 'a kettle of fish'.

38 minutes ago, Miggins said:

Just recently I was in a pub having lunch and there was a notice to the effect that badly behaved children will be given a bag of sweets with lots of additives to take home with them, plus a toy drum.

If I owned that pub I notice kids misbehaving I tell them you eathier sit down and be quit and behave or you leave with nrothing no food what so ever.

11 minutes ago, Steve Buckley’s Dog said:

Have you thought of applying for a job in the ticket office. I have a feeling you might have the necessary customer service skills. 

I work in the cinerma mate and very very good at my job I heard teenagers say oh it is him on if mess about here while he is on he will kick us out I smiled if behave yourself I wont have too.

8 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

I work in the cinerma mate and very very good at my job I heard teenagers say oh it is him on if mess about here while he is on he will kick us out I smiled if behave yourself I wont have too.

Are you back now B4? I’ve been a few times recently and not seen you? I know they’re advertising for staff.

Just now, B4ev6is said:

Yes I am back mate been back for a little while now mate.

I’ll look out for you, my daughters been dragging me down there quite a lot recently.  The more gory the better for her, I always have to make sure I’ve got her ID or they won’t let her in to the 16+ films.

Dont worry though, she sits still and doesn’t run around during the film.  Mind you, I do get a bit upset at the prices of the popcorn and nachos etc. Robbin gits. ?

16 minutes ago, Boycie said:

I’ll look out for you, my daughters been dragging me down there quite a lot recently.  The more gory the better for her, I always have to make sure I’ve got her ID or they won’t let her in to the 16+ films.

Dont worry though, she sits still and doesn’t run around during the film.  Mind you, I do get a bit upset at the prices of the popcorn and nachos etc. Robbin gits. ?

Year that because class as pub financing mate if we let someone in under age we can get fined and so can the company.

9 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

Year that because class as pub financing mate if we let someone in under age we can get fined and so can the company.

Ban kids and let dogs in the cinema instead, why can I watch a film at home with my dog but not to the cinema? He wanted to watch Paw Patrol and they wouldn’t let him in

I was eating in a "dog friendly" pub just before the lockdown (no choice, got stuck on a job and had to stay overnight and the pub was the only place in the area with any rooms). A couple with a Heinz 57 sat on the next table. The smell was so bad I had to move, utterly disgusting doggy BO, I hate to think what their house smells like?

Should have the equivalent of an airport metal detector at the door, but one which picks-up smelly people, smelly dogs and those under 5'6" tall and kill every bird with one stone.

Edited by Grumpy Git

3 hours ago, Grumpy Git said:

I was eating in a "dog friendly" pub just before the lockdown (no choice, got stuck on a job and had to stay overnight and the pub was the only place in the area with any rooms). A couple with a Heinz 57 sat on the next table. The smell was so bad I had to move, utterly disgusting doggy BO, I hate to think what their house smells like?

Should have the equivalent of an airport metal detector at the door, but one which picks-up smelly people, smelly dogs and those under 5'6" tall and kill every bird with one stone.

I bet they don’t bag up the mutts crap either. Maybe they do and leave it on a gate post?