Kids in pubs

Bob Mash

Depends how old you classify kids as.

When I was young and went away on holiday to Cornwall especially children weren't allowed in certain locals pubs I think due to them not wanting to curb the industrial language when they were drinking in there. 

Of course there's hardly as such thing as a traditional pub anymore as lots of places now trade as restaurants and eateries. 

34 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Depends how old you classify kids as.

When I was young and went away on holiday to Cornwall especially children weren't allowed in certain locals pubs I think due to them not wanting to curb the industrial language when they were drinking in there. 

Of course there's hardly as such thing as a traditional pub anymore as lots of places now trade as restaurants and eateries. 

There's loads of trad pubs and they're thankfully brat free. My complaint which prompted the thread was beng in a craft beer bar with no food on offer and very loud music. Why the feck would you strap a babby to you and keep the poor fella in there when he was clearly distressed? By the way, they're still here. 

Just now, Bearwood Ram said:

There's loads of trad pubs and they're thankfully brat free. My complaint which prompted the thread was beng in a craft beer bar with no food on offer and very loud music. Why the feck would you strap a babby to you and keep the poor fella in there when he was clearly distressed? By the way, they're still here. 

Craft beer bar? 

you gets what you deserves. Hope the baby pukes on you! 

My old man used to live in a caravan behind parked behind his work.

On my weekend visits, he'd fire up the Chevette on a Sat night, drive half a mile to the pub, leave me the keys so I could work the stereo to play my TWICM Cassette and nip out 5 minutes later with a Panda pop and a bag of Crisps.

Once he'd gone back in, I'd fire up the motor and drive around the car park, sometimes parking back the opposite way, or in a different space, to confuse him.

Passed my test after 4 lessons.

What's that pub called on Kingsway, way out of Sainsburys? Spent many nights sat in that car park with a bag of crisps and bottle of panda pop. Jonty Farmer as well, although we were allowed out in the play area until it got dark. 

I guess it really depends on the pub, if it sells food and even has a children's menu then it's hard to argue they shouldn't be in there, other traditional pubs that don't serve food, it's harder to justify.

No kids at the bar was a rule at our local.

But dogs of the owners at the bar lying down behind you while you carry pints back to the table is fine.

Dogs barking and growling at each other is fine to apparently.

It’s the groups of parents who each bring two kids to the pub and sit drinking while the kids run feral inside and outside the pub.  They’re normally the well to do type also.  

51 minutes ago, Boycie said:

No kids at the bar was a rule at our local.

But dogs of the owners at the bar lying down behind you while you carry pints back to the table is fine.

Dogs barking and growling at each other is fine to apparently.

It’s the groups of parents who each bring two kids to the pub and sit drinking while the kids run feral inside and outside the pub.  They’re normally the well to do type also.  

Belper????

13 hours ago, Rev said:

That's what the car in the car park is for!

Hell yes. I have happy memories of Pop & Crisps in various peak district pubs in my childhood & mostly in the car. Even in the the touristy Peaks back then (early 80's), kids in pubs was a no-no and beer gardens were rare.

There was one pub in the Hope Valley that had a beer garden and a big slide - so we naturally always wanted to go to that one. I want to say the Plough at Hathersage but don't know if that's right or not.