Kids in pubs

Bob Mash

12 hours ago, Dean (hick) Saunders said:

Better kids than ducking dogs..

Babies, kids, dogs ... I don't mind as they all behave

I don't mind dogs in pubs, can be quite good around the roaring log fire after you've just put another student on the blaze

Though one time ... Me plus the current Mrs WH and a select gathering are enjoying a balmy evening in a delightful pub garden alongside the sleepy rolling Avon in Shakespeare Country ...

... when this bloke's Springer bowls up and drops the biggest dead otter you ever saw.

Horrific. Swimming goggle job.

12 minutes ago, WhiteHorseRam said:

Babies, kids, dogs ... I don't mind as they all behave

I don't mind dogs in pubs, can be quite good around the roaring log fire after you've just put another student on the blaze

Though one time ... Me plus the current Mrs WH and a select gathering are enjoying a balmy evening in a delightful pub garden alongside the sleepy rolling Avon in Shakespeare Country ...

... when this bloke's Springer bowls up and drops the biggest dead otter you ever saw.

Horrific. Swimming goggle job.

Was in the Abbey once and this huge Labrador did a huge piss (litres of it) on the carpet next to the table I was at.

Agree though. Have no issue with well behaved kids or dogs. However you can often have well behaved dog (A) sitting nicely until less well behaved dog (B) strolls in looking all cocky and then doggy yapping wars spoils my enjoyment of pint (C).

I rest my case M.Lud

14 hours ago, Rev said:

My old man used to live in a caravan behind parked behind his work.

On my weekend visits, he'd fire up the Chevette on a Sat night, drive half a mile to the pub, leave me the keys so I could work the stereo to play my TWICM Cassette and nip out 5 minutes later with a Panda pop and a bag of Crisps.

Once he'd gone back in, I'd fire up the motor and drive around the car park, sometimes parking back the opposite way, or in a different space, to confuse him.

Passed my test after 4 lessons.

I really hope there’s truth in this! 

back then, it was NTWICM! 

Every Sunday afternoon I'd whinge at my dad because I didn't understand why we had to sit in the boring lounge and why we couldn't play pool in the tap room like we usually did. It wasn't until years later I realised it was because that's when the local stripper did her turn.

In retrospect, my dad was right. I really wasn't missing out on anything special.